Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 23, 2014, 02:02:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: annoyed and surpised  (Read 3297 times)
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 10:36:11 AM »

When I took the bar exam in each state in which I am licensed. I had to give a full set of finger prints.  I suppose they suspected that with a lawyer they might need the prints sooner or later. grin

So did I and I gave it. That was for liscence to practice a specialized area and with it comes additional responsibilities, and trust from members of the public. So I didnt complain.

JP  shocked

What is wrong with you?

You may not have nothing to hide now but one of these days there will be laws passed that makes what you do legally now illegal and then your caught.

I just figured it was some new stupid security thing, call me naive, but I had done nothing wrong and as far as I knew I wasn't wanted by the FBI, so I gave them the stupid thumb print.

...JP

A print is transferrable as well. All you need is some scotch tape, which is why I refused. I presume its if the check bounces. But thats what my drivers liscence is for. Since 9/11, NJ has these new picture DL w/ all the bells and whistles for security since most of the hijackers had NJ DL's which were previously a joke.

Besides, a print can be smudged beyond recognition unless the printer knows what they are doing. The bank had no training in printing and i could have just left them an unusable print, but said no on principle.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 12:26:22 PM »

I have also been printed but I was totally innocent. I just need a place to spend the night and ended up at the police station. (that was a very long time ago!!)
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 08:42:54 PM »

Konasdad is correct about the smudged print thing. 

Back in the days before ID theft forgery of checks was the Crime (see Catch Me If You Can starring Leo DeCaprio) of the day.  As a result the banks instituted the policy of requiring a thumb print on any non-client check they cashed.  That was also when a fervice fee for cashing the checks were instituted, so the banks didn't have a total loss.  I believe the minimum fee was $5 or 10% of the amount of the check whichever was greater.

The banks were successful, they stopped most check forgery in its tracts.  The down side was that the more insidious crime of ID theft evolved as a result.

A good example of where the cure is worse than the disease. 

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 09:06:10 PM »

Awhile back Bank of America tried to charge me 5 dollars to cash a 10 dollar check because I don't have an account it was a B.O.A check at that and they wanted a license and a thumb print. I asked if they wanted my first born child to. Then they wanted me to open an account so I could cash the check and not have to pay the 5 dollars. So I took the check and went to my credit union where I have an account no problem.

But yet Bank of America has no problem giving credit cards to illegals rolleyes   I know many people that pulled their accounts when that made the news.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 08:26:14 AM »

Awhile back Bank of America tried to charge me 5 dollars to cash a 10 dollar check because I don't have an account it was a B.O.A check at that and they wanted a license and a thumb print. I asked if they wanted my first born child to. Then they wanted me to open an account so I could cash the check and not have to pay the 5 dollars. So I took the check and went to my credit union where I have an account no problem.

But yet Bank of America has no problem giving credit cards to illegals rolleyes   I know many people that pulled their accounts when that made the news.
A friend of mine pulled his house and two car loan's and his savings out and went to my credit union. when that happend.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next