Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 06:22:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: annoyed and surpised  (Read 3215 times)
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« on: December 10, 2008, 02:48:48 PM »

This morning i went to cash a check someone I dont know gave me for some honey. A whopping $15. Rather than chance bouncing it, I went to issuing bank, Wachovia. Went to drivethrough and was told i had to come in since i didnt have an account at Wachovia. I  went inside. They asked me for drivers lic which I gave them. They then placed an ink pad on counter and said, "we also require a thumb print to cash a check if you dont have an account." I said, "NO!, you have a picture drivers liscence and I would provide add'l id, but no print." They said its "Company policy."  I said I dont care, you're not getting my fingerprint. I asked for my DL and check back and they refused. Now bank manager is behind me and saying "Its company policy." I said I dont care, you're not getting my print, give me property back. They said no again. I asked them to call the police or give me my $15, or my items.  They gave me my money and DL back and as I was leaving, the bank manger had the stupidity to say,"Please dont bank here." Yikes, as if I would...

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 03:28:47 PM »

gotta love that customer service.

did they get part of the "bail out"??

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »

Are they for real? I have never heard fingerprinting for a check in my life, and to refuse to give back your property!

The other day my daughter wanted to cash a check her grandparents gave her for her birthday.
I told her I would take it to my bank and then give her the money but she wanted to go cash it at the bank like a big girl
He older brothers and sisters always just go up to my parents bank and cash the checks themselves, but they drive so have a license for a form of id.
So I figure we could just go up the street to my parents' bank and see if they will cash her check.
Since she is only 5 and does not have a driver's licence I sent her birth certificate along with my husband and her.
I told him I didn't know if they would cash it and if they didn't just to go to our bank.
So he takes my daughter up to the teller and explains that she is too young to have a driver's license but she has her birth certificate with her and is that sufficient id.
He says no you have to sign it too, right below where your daughter signed it.
So my husband signs his name and the teller goes over to another teller to ask them about it and he comes back and says they don't take third party checks!
It wasn't a third party check until they made him sign it.
Gotta love people that have no idea what they are doing.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:21:41 PM »

I had to do that once and thought it quite odd but gave the print, the way I looked at it was I have nothing to hide and really didn't give it much thought. Now what they did you Seth was 100% bull and the absolute nerve of the manager to say that, what an utter and complete idiot!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:35:24 PM »

JP  shocked

What is wrong with you?

You may not have nothing to hide now but one of these days there will be laws passed that makes what you do legally now illegal and then your caught.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:51:27 PM »

JP  shocked

What is wrong with you?

You may not have nothing to hide now but one of these days there will be laws passed that makes what you do legally now illegal and then your caught.

I just figured it was some new stupid security thing, call me naive, but I had done nothing wrong and as far as I knew I wasn't wanted by the FBI, so I gave them the stupid thumb print.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »

Poor trusting soul. You'll be the first in the concentration camps.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 08:33:06 PM »

Poor trusting soul. You'll be the first in the concentration camps.

Or the one guarding the gate....  grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Pond Creek Farm
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 09:02:15 PM »

When I took the bar exam in each state in which I am licensed. I had to give a full set of finger prints.  I suppose they suspected that with a lawyer they might need the prints sooner or later. grin

Brian
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 09:49:09 PM »

They already have my prints. Long story.... Someday over drinks I will tell you all. Always wear clean underware. Its a good rule to live by.
F

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 10:22:29 PM »

Yeah I been printed also. A few times.

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 11:35:01 PM »

i have been printed lots of times.  just the other day when i bought this really neat new gun...... cool

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 12:26:01 AM »

Since I was checked out by the FBI in order to get a TS-Crypto Security Clearance while in the Army, then again when I went into Law Enforcement they have stacks of my prints on file.  I don't mind giving proof of ID and person in the appropriate fashion under reasonable circumstances. 
Demanding a fingerprint for cashing a check is a bit much though. 

I have spotted a new definition of Lunacy/Bureaucracy in this thread though: Requiring a person create a third party check out of a 2 party check and then refusing to cash it on that basis.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 02:45:33 AM »

Goodonya, I would have probably been arrested if it was me.

Its fair enough if you enter into contract such as buying a gun, working for the Govt etc, where you agree to give your prints and have a reasonable expectation that they will be kept secure.

To give a thumb print to some hillbilly bank to cash a cheque is not only pointless but surely some kind of breach of the civil rights you have over there.

I dont even trust banks with money any more let alone prints. Theres no way I would ever give my DNA to anyone either.
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 06:38:40 AM »

i have been printed lots of times.  just the other day when i bought this really neat new gun...... cool
They printed you for a gun? I just bought one for my wife for Christmas and all I did was fill out the silly form ("Are you a fugitive from justice? Y/N"), the salesguy made a quick phone call, had me copy the number off my (expired!) drivers license and I was good to go.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 07:23:01 AM »

Don't you guys watch X-files? You have already at birth been fingerprinted, dna collected, and chips installed.  grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 08:09:20 AM »

I've been fingerprinted for my CCW.  I don't like it much, but it's what they require to get the license.  As for cashing a check at a bank, they can KMA!  I'd react the exact same way.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 10:05:46 AM »

Awhile back Bank of America tried to charge me 5 dollars to cash a 10 dollar check because I don't have an account it was a B.O.A check at that and they wanted a license and a thumb print. I asked if they wanted my first born child to. Then they wanted me to open an account so I could cash the check and not have to pay the 5 dollars. So I took the check and went to my credit union where I have an account no problem.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 10:09:45 AM »

yup, thumb print.  guess it would tick me off, except i know there are multiple files out there with my prints anyway.  one more is no big deal smiley.  as a matter of principle, i would not let my bank, or any bank, print me to cash a check.  thats just bs.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 10:31:12 AM »

That is how I feel about it. Even though they got my prints on file, I hate giving even the thumb print for driver's license..... not that I believe in DLs any way  rolleyes

Jerry

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next