Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 21, 2014, 07:00:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying bee packages for the Pacific N.W.?  (Read 1106 times)
winenutguy
House Bee

« on: December 01, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »

Hello all.
It is getting close to the time to order my bees but I don't know where to get them.  I would like to buy them somehwere up here in the N.W. if possible.  I am told that most of the dealers that sell bees up here are really just re-sellers for companies down south.  Is this true?  I have also been reading some horror stories about packages with lots of mites/nosema.
Does anyone have any recommendations on a few reliable companies, preferably up here in the N.W.?
My best to all.  Winenutguy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:30:20 PM »

http://www.ruhlbeesupply.com/

here is where i get mine.  as i recall, they get them locally, but i wouldn't swear to it.  i have not had to buy for 2 years.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
oldenglish
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 11:43:04 PM »

Beez Neez in Snohomish is where I am getting mine, dont know where he gets them from though.

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 09:23:33 AM »

He is very busy right now and I don't think he is taking orders for 09 yet but give him a go. his bees are from his own stock here in Oregon.

john@oldsolenterprises.com

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 10:01:38 AM »

irwin, i hear he has good stuff. i have been wanting to get over and look at the setup, but have not had time.

here is the site link.

http://www.oldsolenterprises.com/about.html

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cacklewack
New Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 05:23:45 PM »

Old Sol doesn't sell packages -- Only queens and nucs.

I'll likely be getting all my (20) packages from Ruhl next year unless I can find another supplier. I'd like to buy from two different places as close to Portland, OR as possible. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Matt

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 05:39:23 PM »

ruhl is the only place i know of here.  there used to be some south and over the mountain.  if you do a google search, you can probably find out if any are still around.  i used to have them all bookmarked, but that was a computer or two ago.  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 07:58:13 PM »

Hello all.
It is getting close to the time to order my bees but I don't know where to get them.  I would like to buy them somehwere up here in the N.W. if possible.  I am told that most of the dealers that sell bees up here are really just re-sellers for companies down south.  Is this true?  I have also been reading some horror stories about packages with lots of mites/nosema.
Does anyone have any recommendations on a few reliable companies, preferably up here in the N.W.?
My best to all.  Winenutguy.

I'd suggest you get ahold of Jerry Guilmette of Busy Bee Pollination Services there in Bellingham and see what he suggests, give him my name.
I'm going to be buying a couple of splits from one of the local sideliners I met through my local pigeon club (which is also where I met Jerry).
Check with you local club, or come down to mine, and see who can might be willing to sell you a split or 2, or splits from multiple sources. 

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
jojoroxx
House Bee

Northern California Nature Girl

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 08:57:04 PM »

www.koehnen.com
They are located in Northern California. I purchased packages from them, and a replacement queen. Service and quality were A+.

winenutguy
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 08:16:34 PM »

Thank you all!  Brian, I will give that gentleman a call.  Best, Marcus
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next