Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 11:27:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could I get feral bees to move up?  (Read 2758 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »

don't get tied up in knots trying to do off the wall beekeeping stuff.  start with basics and keep it simple.  you will develop your own way of doing things as you get more experience.  if  "organic" is the way you want to go, first figure out what that means to you.  you can spend lots of money trying to do new and exciting things.  your goal the first couple of years should be learning and survival.  everything else is a bonus!  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
edenviewgarden
House Bee

Jane

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 03:44:26 PM »

don't get tied up in knots trying to do off the wall beekeeping stuff.  start with basics and keep it simple.  you will develop your own way of doing things as you get more experience.  if  "organic" is the way you want to go, first figure out what that means to you.  you can spend lots of money trying to do new and exciting things.  your goal the first couple of years should be learning and survival.  everything else is a bonus!  smiley

If I hadn't gotten into treating cancer with natural medicine this year, I might have looked at and gone about this whole beekeeping thing differently.  But learning what I have about our immune systems, I've applied to a beekeeping philosophy.  So no treatments and natural/small cell seems to fit and be pretty basic and simple to me.  I will probably go foundationless once I get the bees moved to save money. 

My goal is to learn as much as possible so I read, read, read!  We'll see how it goes once my feet hit the road of actual experience!  But it's all a bonus to me and the gift of yet another journey since these bees came to us!  Smiley

Jane

Those who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next