Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Flying Mice  (Read 748 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Flying Mice
« on: November 26, 2008, 04:09:09 AM »
We have English Sparrows here, like in sure you do. Flying mice I call em. I have one that visits the front of one hive every morning and evening to eat the dead!

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Flying Mice
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:40:21 AM »
Can you get a picture? That would be cool.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 09:43:39 AM »
On public radio here a while back there was a program about a bird lover who would build nest boxes to trap the sparrows, and then would twist their necks, since the sparrows are an aggressive invasive species that will kick out the native species.  The interviewer was rather shocked, and the  program got a lot of hate mail.

They are cute to watch.
Rick

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:50:46 AM »
Mick,

yes we do have them here they are very aggressive. They are one of the leading causes in the reduction of our native bluebirds here in the South :'(.  Alot of people like to set up bluebird houses but when the sparrows move into them nobody wants to kill or remove the sparrow nest which in the end increases the sparrow population and the problem. But I guess you have to give them credit they are an industrious species I see them eating everything and are all over the place.

Keith

anything