Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 25, 2014, 07:57:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would 2008 be like if AL GORE had won?  (Read 3124 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 10:13:58 AM »

scadsobees,

your post made me think of something i had not thought of before.

with the lifting of sanctions against saddam near, and one of his main goals being the destructions of israel, would iran and iraq have gotten into a moon race over who could nuke israel first?  saddam believed that if he could destroy israel it would bring him the respect and admiration of the arab world.  he would be come the defacto leader of the arab world.  he had a lot of money and most of what he needed.  plenty of folks willing to sell him the rest.  he had the people.

we would not have caught khan and libya would still be on the nuke path. for whatever reasons, it was gaddafi's confessions that helped track khans activities.  the reorganization of intel and the more aggressive actions of interception, allowed us to catch that nuke shipment to libya.

you think that gores global warming rants were more for attention?  could be.  he does seem to like it.  i think that if he'd been prez he would have embraced this international global warming movement and gone along with damaging regulations.  europe was nuts about the stuff.  fortunately, economic reality  has tamped some of it down smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 10:20:30 AM »

Now it is time to rebuild the castle, not build beariers to prevent the waves. We are all in it for the DEEP times if these parties don't get things done to better our country - We Americans have always AGREED to stand behind a newly elected  President, whether we like them or not is a different matter.

Peace all - and to the Obama's.... you played the game of politics BETTER than anyone in history - and I mean that positively. You are (if nothing else special) the new PLAYBOOK for running for President and fund raising! THE GOP needs a copy too - perferably in large print!

on the first....it is the job of the "loyal opposition" to challenge the other party when they don't agree.  even to rise up and stop them when they can.  that is the designer of our system.  it keeps one person, or one party, from having to much power.  i plan to resist on many things   evil

on the second...you are correct.  it was well played.   i do not want to hear 4-8 year of whining about this election from the conservative side.  it was quite aggravating to hear it from the liberal side over that last few years.  4-8 years of debate though, should be fun!!   cool

let the games begin!!!!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 12:46:24 PM »

I do beleive that we'd be faceing problems as big or bigger.  The difference is if it was a democrat in the office, the country would be complaining about him and just have elected a republican. 

All of the problems faced in the last 8 years all had roots in the 8 years (or more) earlier.  Al Gore or John Kerry would have done just as bad or worse trying to fix things.

The three biggest problems facing us that affected the election:
Iraq has (had) been going on for more than 20 years.
Terrorism has (had) been gaining for more than 20 years.
Mortgage deregulation happened before year 2000.

It all came to a head in the last few years.

The only thing we know is that we'll never know what would have happened.

Rick
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »

Scadobees, good points all.
It is unfortunate that the general public can't recognize the way the government really works.  It is treated too much like a sports team, when things go south, fire the Manager (President), when the fault was with the players or ownership. 
The President in office at any given time is always blamed for what happens when the cause often occurs years earlier and was created by the Legislative branch of government.  Legislators love this, the screw up and pass the buck, time after time.
The WebTech crash was building since the mid 90's but it fell apart under GWB's watch so he got the blame.  He is the unlucky recipient of a couple of other such occurrences.  Clinton started his Presidency with an economy that was much the result of decisions made during the Reagan Administration but it was most evident after Clinton entered the White House so he got the credit.

What I'm getting at is there is a delay between the beginning of action and its result but it is human nature to assign responsibility (good or bad) to the most obvious Party (the President).  It's much like Carrie Fisher (Princess Leah) once said, "The trouble with instant gratification is that it takes to long." 

I think it's humorous that the Ultra-liberals are already starting to cry foul on some of the things Obama is putting into action.  They sold themselves on that he was ultra-liberal but if you go back and look at what he said, when and where he said it, he tried to be all things to all people.  Vagueness was his mantra, so people assigned him the goals and idealism they held.

They voted a Chameleon into office, now we get to see just what kind of Cheshire Cat we really have.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 08:19:13 PM »

I did not vote for Mr. Obama but I must admit that I am impressed with his cabinet appointments thus far. Now if only we can get him to flip on some conservative issues.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 12:47:09 AM »

I am glad about on thing, in all seriousness... If this election had lead McCain to the Whitehouse, image seeing him age over these TRYING four years he would have faced - and Lord forgive we watch him age for 8. I think it kept us all from feeling like every news cast or public speach would seem like a taped family member at the nursing home.

I sure hope his decade ahead is better than I foresee above, and we all seem to toss around what a Palin Administration would be like, I think she is a VERY viable candidate in the NEXT election, if she gets some NEW MATERIAL - I never again want to hear squat about Todd and his snow mobile racing.

I agree with everyone I've read here, for ALL OUR SAKES I wish Obama a sucessful and even historic events during his time in Office - I'm proud that the world sees we have such opertunities for all races, not create fences and slaughter people because they are different that others - rather we find the good in people, weight the differences, do what is right for the country, because your children will live MUCH of their lives under the umbrella of things we do today!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations page link for more details. Please help if you can.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 09:50:31 PM »

I did not vote for Mr. Obama but I must admit that I am impressed with his cabinet appointments thus far. Now if only we can get him to flip on some conservative issues.

Steve

My statement from a different thread:
As far as Obama is concerned: He is being very impressive with his actions and choices so far, in fact it is so well choreographed that I wonder who's the Puppeteer pulling the strings and what the real result will be.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next