Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 18, 2014, 04:44:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would 2008 be like if AL GORE had won?  (Read 3110 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: November 22, 2008, 12:00:56 AM »

I got thinking of this a few days ago. If Al Gore had somehow CONTINUED appeals to the voting in Florida (a brilliant and humble move on his part to stop appealing) but what WOULD the World be like after 8 years of Gore RATHER THAN GWB?

I won't comment much now, I really want to see a few replies first.

I'll make one observation, I'm sure 9-11 would have likely happened on his watch too, unless Gore really pushed computer monitoring, wire tapping, etc.

But financially we sure were on top of the world. My big beef against Clinton had always been he and Janet Reno had tore apart the tech sector (which MUCH of America) had vested great monies and done well. Tearing down and labeling Microsoft as a Monopoly hurt us all. Would THEY have persued Microsoft if Gore had USED CLINTON in Gores Campaigne? Clinton was hurt by Gores lack of using Clintons GREAT repore with the public to help get Gore in office.

That was BRAVE of GORE to stand in the middle of LIBERAL by not using Clintons popularity, due to his stained Presidency  tongue , and still make a successful campage all the way to a Supreme and State Ruling on GWB's win (the heck with the popular vote, why should OUR VOTE COUNT - ugh) Just think, if you live in a state that means SQUAT electorally, why on Earth VOTE? I would tell them to SHOVE IT.

We need a NATIONAL PRIMARY DAY, Let's all stop trying to be first or last or whatever your reason, let's all vote on Super Tuesday and get it the heck done with. That way, no needs for Caucuses, just hit EVERYTHING that matters, it should make a heck of a board game, and get their butts out of New England and the Mid-West for three freaking months.

It would have been a DIFFERENT WORLD, maybe NOT better, but surely DIFFERENT. What do YOU think it would be like?

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 08:29:19 AM »

I think that the whole west cost would be a national park. There would be no logging no fishing and we would have to hug a tree a day Sad

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:28:43 AM »

I think that the whole west cost would be a national park. There would be no logging no fishing and we would have to hug a tree a day Sad

HAHA COOL !!  cool

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 12:08:34 PM »

here is what i posted when you asked before.  you all feel free to add anything i missed!  evil

Afghanistan would still belong to UBL and he would still be exporting death to us and our allies.

the sanctions would have been lifted on iraq and saddam would have done what he said he was waiting to do....restarting his WMD program.

he would still be financially suppporting suicide bombers and by now, perhaps supporting his life style selling weapons as well.

quite likely he and achmeidiot in iran would be in a horse race to see who could destroy israel and the us the fastest, since both were stated goals of both leaders.

the UN, unchecked, would have been able to make great strides on it's millennium plan which included international small arms control, international courts, and a standing UN army
under UN command.

the FBI, CIA, and military intel would still be fighting separate wars and wondering why they were losing.  

taxes would have been raise so that the economic downturn the bush inherited would have become the recession we now have and the 5 out of 8 years of record growth in the
economy and low unemployment we have until now enjoyed would not have happened.

we  would have had global warming legislation passed that would have crippled industry for decades to come.

radical islam would have spread in this country and others without resistance.

there would be more big holes in the ground.

you stated in your other post that the economy was great.  it was for part of his presidency.  he did some things right on that after he figured out that raising taxes was not a great idea.  he made some mistakes, as you pointed out.
however, the economy was on the way down as he went out of office.  part of the natural way of things.  with a very few exceptions, the good and bad of the economy is really out of the presidents hands.
using the economy as a judgment of how a president has done, is not a very good way to measure.  better to look to congress. it's usually some hair brained thing they have done that brings things down.  the current housing stuff would be a good example.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Melilem
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »

McCain would have been elected...in 2004.
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 07:41:17 AM »

And don't forget Kyoto.  We would surely be signed up for that and would be funding 3rd world dictators and terrorist as we would be forced to buy fictitious carbon credits from them just to operate our country.   All the time while the bigger environmental polluters like China and India continue their cheap and dirty ways.   But hey,  it's redistribution of our wealth and that's what Gore is all about. 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 11:28:41 AM »

He couldn't have done worse than GWB has.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 12:34:25 PM »

that isn't very specific!  smiley  come on, let hear from the other bench!!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 03:01:45 PM »

that isn't very specific!  smiley  come on, let hear from the other bench!!!

It's hard to prove a negative, any good police decetive knows that. 
A person can speculate about it but come on, the real reason Bush was elected in 2000 was that too many people didn't think they could trust someone who claimed to have invented the internet when it was created by the military for military reasons.
In 2004 John Kerry became his own worst enemy when video clips could be used to discredit his truthfulness by showing he had said , before congress, he threw away his medals and was then claiming he didn't.

In 2008 we had the case where a man was elected because, those who could (media) failed to even look into whether one candidate was lying or distorting the truth. As a result the man was elected and no one knows that much about him.  There might be lipstick on the pig, but because too many people where hypnotized by charisma the USA bought a pig in a poke. 

The last time that happened Germany ended up with Hitler.  I hope I'm wrong in my accessment but I doubt it.  Look at who's he's named as Chief of Staff, AG (Reno's RHM), Secretary of State, and other lesser to be White House insider's.  There is an evil wind beginning to blow.

You might say we have Obama because we didn't elect Gore in 2000. 

The World's Money Manipulators want to own and run the world and that requires a 1 world government.  They are manipulating the world's financial/economical infastucture in order to achieve it.  Afterall, what's a few Trillion here or there when it's all for the Greater Good.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Melilem
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 10:11:36 AM »

Yay a democrat! I was wondering when you were going to show up Cheesy Go on, pipe up... nobody is going to defend Bush here. He was a bad president, it wouldnt be hard to be better, but it's possible to be worse.
You know what bothers me about Obama? He didnt grow up here. I live in Maine, and my children will tell you they are Mainahs... but I always think of myself as a Massh..erm, from Massachusettes Cheesy Maine is awesome and all, but even after being here so long, I will always consider Mass home.
Melilem
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »

It could have been all those lies, OR those "Kerry is Scary" posters with Frankenstein's forehead imposed onto Kerry, how cool was that...and right near Halloween too.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 03:32:11 PM »

kerry was scary.  lies:  nice to know when folks get thier info from the 6pm news and huffington smiley

there are reasons to dislike bush.  i can name many.  try for some that are not party talking points.

Alexis de Tocqueville
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 07:25:57 PM »

Cheesy Go on, pipe up... nobody is going to defend Bush here. He was a bad president, it wouldnt be hard to be better, but it's possible to be worse.

I will defend President George W. Bush. He has kept us safe. I do not agree with everything that he has done but I admire him for standing by his convictions. He has never flip floped on his stand on moral issues.
He is not totally to blame for our sinking economy, but the buck stops at the oval office.

Steve   

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »

the housing mess started with congress in the late 90's.  ever wonder why congress is not investigating how this happened??  they don't want folks to know that they caused it!

Alexis de Tocqueville
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 10:06:31 PM »

I know what!!
 lets ask Bill Oreilly!

your friend,
john

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 10:25:02 PM »

I know what!!
 lets ask Bill Oreilly!

your friend,
john

O'Reilly insists, like me, that he's an independent, although I used to call myself a Republicrat before the term Indepent was popular. 
I don't agree with him on everything, I'd say about 1/2.  One thing I do know, I'd rather have had Bush in office on 9-11 than Gore. 
I firmly believe Gore would have called on Marshall Law in New York and DC and then run to the UN for permission to do something.  Bush, to his credit, waved the old "Don't Tread on Me!" flag and told the world what he was going to do.
That he screwed up much of what transpired since that point, I will not deny to some extent, but at least he acted instead of dithered.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 10:38:56 PM »

he makes me nuts!  i hate it when they invite someone on to talk and then talk over them.  if you invite someone on and you already know you don't agree with them, at least have the courtesy to let them talk a bit.  i don't watch him, but my impression is that he's arrogant.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 11:34:00 PM »

he makes me nuts!  i hate it when they invite someone on to talk and then talk over them.  if you invite someone on and you already know you don't agree with them, at least have the courtesy to let them talk a bit.  i don't watch him, but my impression is that he's arrogant.

You should have capitalized the A on arrogant.  He can be rude, and he's to into making his point, but those points are often valid.

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 08:41:03 AM »

I don't think that things would actually be all that much different.  Politics are pendulums, they swing back and forth seeking balance.  911 would have happened, and perhaps more attacks afterward.  The financial crisis would still have happened, since it was the blame of both parties that the deregulation on mortgages occurred.

I don't think he'd be out there shrilly preaching his religion of carbon, since he had gotten something that he wanted (presidency) and not doomed to irrelevence on the sidelines.

I have no idea what would happen in the middle east...Saddam would still be out there posturing, probably would be in the same position with nuclear that Iran is.  Unless Iraq protested Iran having nukes and were busy fighting each other instead of us.

Rick

Rick
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 10:05:54 AM »

Scads:

I really think you have said it well. The world we live in is not a safe place EXCEPT for the tireless efforts of military and police, in the USA cuss at a cop who gives us a speeding ticket which they rightfully deserved. We cuss and complain to traffic court. What was THAT cops problem??

What we missed was the fatal head-on that killed 7 people on this officer of the law's shift - he tried to resusitate a 12 year girl, but all died. All because of speeding just days before - and imagine if they had lost someone they loved, the cop would hunt that road for speeders for the rest of his life.

I guess I'm saying - it is ripples in the water that disturbs the sandcastle on a beach, no matter which President held the office, his ocean waves of decisions slowly attack the sand castle, just these two men would have made very different ocean waves of water - each though would eventually tear down the sand castle.

Now it is time to rebuild the castle, not build beariers to prevent the waves. We are all in it for the DEEP times if these parties don't get things done to better our country - We Americans have always AGREED to stand behind a newly elected  President, whether we like them or not is a different matter.

Peace all - and to the Obama's.... you played the game of politics BETTER than anyone in history - and I mean that positively. You are (if nothing else special) the new PLAYBOOK for running for President and fund raising! THE GOP needs a copy too - perferably in large print!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next