Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 25, 2014, 01:38:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oregon coast  (Read 934 times)
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« on: November 20, 2008, 10:24:57 AM »

The wife made me some 2-1 when I was a work to be nice is it to late to feed it to my bee's. The temp's are 45 at night and 55 to 60 in the day time.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
1of6
House Bee

Always learning...

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:28:08 AM »

I would feed if I still had those temperatures. 
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »

The wife made me some 2-1 when I was a work to be nice is it to late to feed it to my bee's. The temp's are 45 at night and 55 to 60 in the day time.

Hmmmm...and what exactly has she done....we all know wive's don't make syrup for their beekeeping husbands   evil

Or, at least mine doesn't.... Cry

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Melilem
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 11:02:45 AM »

Well Bjorn Ill tell you how Jon did it. Suddenly leave town on business and leave hastey instuctions. But start with something fun, like "queens cells are going to hatch tomorrow in the big hive, so you'll need to..." Trust me, she will thank you for it... when she lets you back in the house.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 07:44:23 PM »

irwin, i was feeding up until this week when our weather changed.  it's been so mild and the bees have been active with nothing to bring in.  now that the rain and cold are back, i have quit for the year.

check your stores.  mine were using theirs up.  yours may still have plenty.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
rast
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 08:14:38 PM »

Well Bjorn, you aren't doing something right. My wife will do a lot of things for me just to get me out of her hair. Oh yeah, probably those dozen red roses Tues. for our 31st anniversary helps.
 Sorry I can't help you up there Irwin, I am pulling mine in off the frost bit goldenrod (a week ago) and putting them here at my house to get the Dec/Jan Maple/Willow bloom. A deep & med combo I moved tonight was too heavy for me by myself.  I hope the rest I have to move are that way.

Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next