Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 09:56:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(3)  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Absinthe!  (Read 4333 times)
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 03:22:18 PM »

Does ABSINTHE make the heart grow fonder Huh

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 06:23:11 PM »

Hoooweee...Thanks Anne for covering the play on that one!
 Actually, JP, I could tell you about most anything that makes you see stuff but a couple of  things I dont know about are magic mushrooms and Peyote, Smiley..If I was younger though, I'd give it a go!
 I've had my fun with this stuff but, truly, I dont think my body could take the abuse of one more round Cry..One of my biggest kicks now is watching Tank drool while I eat and sway his head a little,...Then I see how long the slobber will hang down  before it hits the floor or gets flung off onto something grin

your friend,
john

rast
Field Bee

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 08:30:42 PM »

Reading this got me to reminiscing. I'll bet Johnny even roamed around some cow pastures in his youth.

Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda
rast
Field Bee

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 09:23:32 PM »

"but a couple of  things I dont know about are magic mushrooms"
 I recon I type too slow Sad

Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 10:24:31 PM »

Shoot Rick!
 I'm still wandering the cow pastures but I havent seen anything that looks like the "Blacklite Poster" mushrooms yet..All i see are "Turd Roller Beatles"!
your friend,
john

TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 11:47:49 PM »

johnny you said you made some one time, you didn't like it? whats in your recipe, I will compare it to mine and see whats different! or we could just both post them and everyone see  Wink

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 06:44:50 PM »

Yeh, Twt....My concoction was a failure...After picking the mushrooms and bagging them,the paper bag turned purple like the directions said....But remember when I saw all the little maggots crawling?...And we went ahead and boiled it down and drank it anyway? tongue...And NOTHIN" happened! We just figured that if it grew outta cow poop it MUST be the right kind!  Oh yeh,.....
This stuff tasted worst than the absinthe we've discussed recently! tongue It tasted the same way a dead pig might smell whats been in a wrecked corvette for a months!( ...saw that on tv just awhile ago...)

your friend,
john

Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 03:33:25 PM »

Either you guys got a wild batch of the stuff or my experience was a lot more mild, but I could never compare Absinthe to peyote or mushrooms.  I think the alcohol effects were stronger than the wormwood.  I did feel relaxed and mellow, more so than if I had been drinking a different kind of adult beverage.  I can understand how artists and musicians were able to compose some of their best work during the 1800's while on this stuff.  But it definitely wont make you hallucinate.  If you do, then something isn't right.

I've heard that somewhere it's in the works to legalize absinthe once again here in the United States.  Wouldn't that be neat!

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
Melilem
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »

I can't believe Ive ever heard of this stuff, this would have been an awesome Christmas gift if I were in college. Ohhhh but there is always Secret Santa... evil
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »

Ya just gotta trust me Sean, REAL absinthe does do "Extra Things" to your head besides just the alcohol effect.I saw yellow, other people see things wiggle, and then theres other people who say they've pretty near gone into another dimension. I'm SURE its nothing like mushrooms or peyote, or any other "Mind Blower", but theres more to it than just 65 percent alcohol.
 Go to the liquor store and as for absinthe...Then, when the guy gives you the bottle, look closely at the spelling on the label..The bottle I saw at the store was spelled "Absint"...Get it? Its absent of the wormwood...Pretty tricky, huh?

your friend,
john

oldenglish
House Bee

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 11:01:09 PM »

Growing up in England we used to drink Pernod, it was always very popular at parties. I had some pretty wild sessions, most of which I will not go into here. I have never seen it sold here in the US, but I was able to buy it up in Canada once. I did not add water but a mixer called bitter lemon, I have seen that sold here but not very often. Just do a search for Pernod.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 08:04:08 PM »

Pernod.  When I worked as a bartender (oh so many, many years ago), we served that.  Maybe it is a Canadian thingy?  Have a wonderful and great day, love life, live life, great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next