Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 31, 2014, 07:40:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beemaster's health issues - unnurving development when typing  (Read 3342 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: November 11, 2008, 03:02:02 PM »

I'm finding difficult to write without rereading and replacing many words when done. Sometimes I don't even catch an ovious problem when rereading. I'm literally writing the wrong words when writing, words NOT even close are magically found on the screen and I need to rewrite the correct word and sometimes I hardly know WHAT word WAS suppose to be there to start with.

I'll be bringing this up with my Neurologist when I see him next week. I expect some scary things to happen over the next 5 to 10 years according to what he's told me WORSE CASES could be, with low activity in the frontal lobe, it could be a scary time. Yep, these are maybe my best days left of CLEAR THINKING and expressing myself as well as I've always taken proud of. I've always thought my writing as my most talented gift. Now, I'm mentally stuttering at the keyboard, some posts taking some real time and not a quick wright.

Forgive me if sometimes I mess up and miss a grammer check and funky words appear, it's just my brain misfiring. I don't think any of that will get better, only worse - my Keppra medication stops spikes and seizures, but can't help the real issue, brain damage from a rare version of Lymes. I know there are limits to what I can't do safely, but the thinks I can still do are wonderful and hope for many more good years ahead. I just want to appologise for my malfunctions - I ho

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 03:18:50 PM »

John, I can relate.  And 'm sorry.

Traumatic injuries, especially head injuries, can cause unexpected results.  Your typing something different than you intend is just such an example.
With me it is memory issues, I often can't remember things to the point of having forgetten them by the time someone is finishing talking.  I also no longer think of many every day things that most people consider very basic thoughts.  I'm forever telling my wife I just didn't think about it when asked why I didn't do something.  If she writes me a honey-do list I most likely will forget to look at the list or forget where it is.
Then there's the Alexythemia (the inability to experience of verbalize emotions) that is a result of head injuries.  Everybody considers me very emotionally detached or uncaring.

My sibling (the brother who thinks he's my sister), is a caregiver for elderly people.  He/she says that traumatic head injures that result in such issues most often preclude Alzheimer's beginning in their 60's.  And this doesn't address the chronic pain that often accompanies serious injuries.

Sounds like neither one of us are going to enjoy what's ahead of us.  But the bright side is that if I get Alzheimer's I won't remember what I'm missing, although I already have problems that way.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »

Don't you just hate it when you are about to type, or say, a word and........

You can see it
You can taste it

But you just can't get it to come out. Then a little later BAM there it is.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 04:50:35 PM »

Remember this John :-   http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/board,38.0.html
You've got a long way to go yet and we all seem to be able to master this conglomeration of nearly words.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 05:21:16 PM »

What is this all about?  This is from your car accident a while back?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 05:23:49 PM »

medication fog??

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 05:28:30 PM »

Shoot John,....I dont know,......But when i started taking my heart rythm pills and all those other pills, the stuff you mentioned started happening to me....It seems that it becomes more noticeable to me though recently when i type....I think, for me, I have noticed this more since i started on prozac...Until(see?....I'm lost.........)ok,...I'm back....Ok, recently, I have attributed this to getting older....As in some recent posts and PM's Ive attributed this also to the use of Ambien.

really though, just when I mentioned above that I was lost, I wasnt kidding..For a moment I had no idea of what I was telling you. I had just looked over my shoulder and looked back and had to really think what I was gonna tell you.
 I spend way to much time worrying about when my next a-fib event is gonna happen than I should..I'm OCD too, so that doesnt help much.......
 Hang in there and hopefully it can be fixed by a change in your medicine....I'm fixing to talk to my Dr about the same kinda stuff happening to me in 2 weeks. I think, in my case, I'm taking 8 pills a day, between morning and evening...Dr Oz says that a person shouldnt have to take more than 6 pills a day...All my pills, to me, have to be taken to keep me right though.
Anyways, good luck....we're the same age.   Guess it could be worse, huh?....
        Could be like Brian!! grin...(just kidding Brian!)

your friend,
john

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »

I can relate to this as things have truly changed for me this year. I am in denial about getting older as I have always looked about 10 years younger and people often cannot believe me when I say I am 57. But now my body seems to remember that it is up there in age even if my face is still young looking.

My memory has changed so, so much this year and my ability to express myself has gone downhill. I cannot find the words I used to know when I want to say something. There is just this blank in my mind and nothing fills it up. I have to keep reminding myself that I am heading for the big 60 and it is natural for stuff like this to happen.

Just go with the flow,hopefully I will always remain happy and peaceful.

Annette
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 12:02:08 AM »

For anyone Confused, I'll wrap it up in a quick paragraph. But all events are related, eventhough years may have passed from one event to another.

In June 2001 I was bitten by a deer tick, giving me a rare version of Lyme Disease - Neurological Lymes or Lyme's Meningitis - they keep changing the name. It is when instead of traveling through muscles, slowly entering the body and doing its damage, with an onset time of 6 moths to a year. The speed of the poison's transmission to me was that it took a short cut RIGHT THROUGH MY SPINAL COLUMN and to my brain, it didn't stay muscular.

Instead, I was in the hospital in a few days for around a week while they did everythign from spinal taps to tons of tests, which finally showed Neurological Lymes. This particular devastating lymes usually causes muscular damage, spasms, death and extreme long term issues that take a long time to show.

Most people see the damage in a short time, others suffer long term issues including damaged parts of the brain coming to the fore front. My issue turned out to be frontal lobe damage, I have only 25% to 50% of the electrical activity it should have, that is what was left after fighting a brain infection with daily antibiotic shots for 3 months. I survived and the area of my brain damaged DOES NOT CONTROL MOTOR RERSPONCE, so it phyically isn't easy to spot.

I have dealt with loss of short term memory, scary memory issues that I cannot believe I forget. I've gone to the store before, went out to the car to go again FORGETTING I went the first time. My wife hears me using words when I talk that doesn't make any sense, and most resently I see it in my typing.

So for 6 years I had brain issues that followed the pattern the doctors told me to expect, but I never expected to pass out while driving (or passing out period) and being out of work 7 weeks while finding what was going on.

But the infection hurt my brain in an area that controls short term memory and emotional response - I assume that is why I often get teared up and emotional a lot. All the other parts of my brain are fine, but the front is messed up and I need to recognize that and explan that if it appears I'm not as sharp at writing anymore, I'm not.

But be careful with deer ticks. Look careful for these Varroa sized monsters that can kill you. Just to clear up why I passed out, the area of my brain should read electric signals between 4 and 10, that is normal frontal lobe numbers (scaled for simplistic reasons) I show a 2 to 3 constant reading, which although low (and explains my memory issues isn't the reason for passing out) that is because my electrical waves were SPIKING as high as 19 and this OVERLOAD the doctor believes caused me to faint, likely my brain was under some serious electrical activity for some time, so thinks the Neurologist. Finally a spike caused me to faint, maybe it was an extra long one that put me over the top.

Now I take Keppra, an Epileptic medication that STOPS the peaks by allowing better signals to better transfer and not build up so high to SNAP like lightning. I'm lucky that this part of the brain and severity of my problem STILL ALLOWS for me to drive as long as medicated. If another occurance does happen, I'm afraid I'll have my license revoked for 6 months or longer according to the law.

So, yes, a tick bites you on a Saturday, you end up in the hospital on the following Friday, remain there for over a week, take shots every day for 3 months and 7 years later you pass out while driving and it is all connected. Wow is all I can think.

I'm very careful now, I bought a new car (ok leased) a super nice ALL WHEEL DRIVE SUBARU LEGACY which is a safe and great road hugging car. I will be continued to have brain scans every 6 months and medication levels will be tested through blood work. But all should be fine.

I just do see myself slipping away a little at a time, I was advanced in school, always consider to be smart and it stinks when you see someone on TV that you know real well and can't think of their name. Or a more real scenario, your wife calls and asks you to do something, you not only don't do it but can't remember her calling. It isn't fun, just something I share here, because you are friends and I think it right that you know.

If I go a bit looney sometime at a member who is pushing me or others, I hope it doesn't sound like I'm tearing him a new one - I'm just trying to communicate with one part of my brain tied behind my back  rolleyes I swear I'm a nice and a fair guy - I try so hard to make sense of the many members, old and new who have needs to be met, yet bear responsibility for their own actions too.

That is also why, when I make a decision, I'd rather feel I'm right and did the right thing, than try to make the most people happy with my actions. Right is easy to deal with, appeasing all members is a theorhetical impossibility, so I try to weigh what is right and stand by my decision. At least then, I have a solid basis to return to, not try to recall the hundred other things that were happening at the same time that could influence a decision. Heading a forum like this is fun, challenging, often has unpleasant things that come with the job, but ALWAYS the rewards out-weigh the negatives.

Thanks for reading if you have or haven't read all this a bunch of times already. I am very lucky to be here, reasonably healthy and a guy with a lot of friends he met through the forum - all in all, not a bad life Smiley

Follow us on TWITTER

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 12:09:18 AM »

Annette:

I am sorry so many changes are happening. I know now that I'm 50 not everything should be as quick and sharp as it once was, I expect to grow old and deal with alll that life gives and takes. It is though as you said SAD to see it happen to yourself, age is so relative, we really aren't as old as we feel, we just feel as old as we feel and suffer the brain fart moments that will eventually plague us all.

Hoping things calm down and level off, having a sound footing makes for a good day, and being back to shift work, I wake at odd hours of the day and night often confused at what time of day it is AM or PM even though it is dark out. Sometime I'll spend 20 seconds trying to make sense out of it all. It was funny when I was younger and did lots of doubles at work, and shift work and doubles messes your mind up bad sometimes. I have literally gone to work on my nights off before, that usually gets your coworkers attention - ugh.

Follow us on TWITTER

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 02:43:58 AM »

I hate to tell you this John, but you have gone senile. When I rang you the other day, you couldnt remember my call from the day before, or the one from last month when we talked for ages about that thing.. I bet you cant even remember either call now let alone the one from a month ago.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 01:29:40 PM »

Lyme Disease is caused by a spirochete, similar to the organism that causes syphillis.  The natural progression of the disease, if it isn't caught before becoming 'acute', is it travels into the spinal column and infects the central nervous system.  There it can sit and wait, or just go nuts and wreak havoc with the brain.  You need to catch Lyme quickly, once it gets into the spinal column it's pretty much permanent, all you can do at that point is mitigate damage.  There are people misdiagnosed with MS who actually have Lyme, along with other misdiagnosed brain diseases.  I'm so sorry, John, to read of your troubles.  My son had Lyme that almost (we think almost) went chronic, when he was 12.  It was through much research on my part and a cooperative pediatrician that we managed to keep him from becoming acutely ill.  Even the rheumatologist I took him to at Children's Hospital (supposedly a great hospital  rolleyes ) argued with me about the diagnosis right up until the point where the blood tests finally showed the Lyme was fairly advanced.  Idiots.  The medical and insurance industries didn't want to acknowledge the seriousness of the illness.  Even today, (he's 24), I still wonder every time he gets a headache, or isn't feeling well, if it's going to come back.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
edenviewgarden
House Bee

Jane

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 02:17:53 PM »

Hi John,

I'm fairly new to the forum and loving it.  Thank you for everything you put into this forum.  Thank you for sharing your story about what is going on with you.  I, too, am sorry that this is happening to you.  I care for my mother with Alzheimer's and there are apparently many similar issues.  I feel blessed that she (we) are surrounded with the unconditional love of family and friends.  I hope you are too.  It just makes everything easier.  We try to laugh together at Alzheimer's moments (like when she seems to speak a different language and none of it makes sense- thankfully I'm somewhat telepathic).  We move on, enjoy what we still have and "try" not to dwell for a minute on what we've lost. 

I wish you and cherished love, peace and harmony all your days.

Jane

Those who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
edenviewgarden
House Bee

Jane

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 02:21:54 PM »

See you are not the only one with typos- even after rereading!  That last sentence should read - I wish you cherished love, peace and harmony all your days!

Well there, now you have a double blessing.

Jane

Those who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 10:04:16 AM »

John, you post was excellent.  You have told us fully what is going on with you, many of us know this already (like me), but it was good to hear it in a nutshell.

Now the funny part.  At the beginning of your post you said you would sum it up in a paragraph, hee, hee.  Unlikely!!!  We know you, we know how you love to ramble (sounds like me, now doesn't it), you wound up with several paragraphs, did you notice, hee, hee?

You have this malade that is a nasty one.  I am sure that when you see your neurologist, he will be able to help you out alot here, well at least I hope that he can.  In the meantime, your posts are still enlightening, I love to read your posts, by the way, you keep that chin up, we are all with ya.

Ann, you went through an ordeal with your Son, with his Lyme's crap.  So glad that things turned out as they did.  You can thank your lucky stars for that one for sure, yeah!!!  It still amazes me that such a little critter as the deer tick, can harbour that nasty virus thingy that can cause such horrible effects on things that they bite.  Oh dear.  Some things to really keep in mind, as so many of us are exposed to the elements where these critters live.  Have a wonderful and awesome day and life, great health. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
shawnwri
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 10:58:58 AM »

John:  Sorry to hear of your difficulties.  Best wishes
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 08:33:04 PM »

We are quite the bunch now aren't we? The chopper's got butt problems, John can't remember how to spell his name, Annette can't eat chocolate any more or she'll see lil green men at night in her room after she turns off the lights, wait that's Johnny Bigfish, Danno's got sauerkraut brueing in his basement from the end of world war 2, I believe I've been getting altheimer's for several yrs now and my wife will attest to this trust me, can we say short term memory? and Brendhan likes playing with AHB's, did I leave anyone out?

Oh, how could I forget about you know who...

Hint, she builds rock piles that enter space, you know, Whoppo's ex-mother, yeah, I can't believe she divorced him.

Sorry, I know I left out others, like Jerrymac, where do you begin with him? Heehee, don't hate me Jerry!

I would mention Kathyp too but don't want my azz kicked! Kiss

Yes, we are quite the bunch! grin Wink Wink

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 09:08:14 PM »

AAhh JP, we sound like the typical American family...hee hee! evil rolleyes  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 10:04:10 PM »

Wow what a summary JP. Smiley  Now, where do we start with that Jerry?

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 11:17:28 PM »

your azz is safe.  i am to old to kick that high  evil  your knees might be in danger.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next