Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 31, 2014, 11:41:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Veteran's Day  (Read 977 times)
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« on: November 11, 2008, 10:11:54 AM »

Thank you to all of those that have served, or are currently serving in the American Armed Forces.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 10:28:38 AM »

cool picture.

thanks, from my family and myself!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 05:40:14 PM »

Yes, a big thank you to all those who serve all of us! There is a Vetrans Memorial in the next town over that I drive past every day.  I give a thanks every time I see it. Every town should have one so no one forgets why we are able to drive wherever we want, whenever we want.  Dad served in WWII on the Kadishan.  There are pics & declassified info from when they got hit in his photo albums as well as commentary from him & his other shipmates.  I like to look at & read on this day and Memorial Day as well. I put one of those little wire poppies from the Vetrans of Foreign Wars under his rosebush. Need to get a little flag, just havn't gotten around to it yet.  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 05:43:05 PM »

Thank you to all that hve served,are serving and the next generation to serve our Great Nation.
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:06:19 PM »

thank you  to all the Veteran  and have a Happy Veteran's Day
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:59:51 PM »

Thank you to all of the Veterans out there! My hat is off to you, God Bless you all and thank you for every sacrifice you and your family has made.

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 03:16:20 AM »

Goddonya Robbo!

Lest We Forget.

11am, 11 November, 1918, the guns fell silent on the western front of WW1. The so called "War to end all wars" was over.  The bloodiest, most futile waste of Human life created by man himself.

Picture yourself digging a hole in your backyard, your neighbour does the same. Now sit there and rot for 6 months while you throw grenades and artillery at each other. You die on day one, but all of your friends take your place. Sometimes you get in their hole, sometimes they get in yours, at the end of 6 months, you and 30,000 of your mates are dead, your neighbour had more friends, so he lost 50,000. All in the size of a tennis court, all for nothing. Just blood for the soil.

That was what trench warfare was in the First World War. 100,000 dead in a day was not uncommon. Wave after wave of boys were thrown at machine guns, cut down like grass. Hour after hour, day after day, week after week. Hundreds of thousands then millions of them of them killed for no ground advantage, nothing gained.

No one really knows how many died in WW1. Its around 25 million men in uniform, perhaps 60 million civilians. All for nothing, not one single thing was gained. We were all at it again in 1939.

"They gathered the crippled, the wounded, the maimed, and the shipped us back home to Australia, the legless the armless the blind and insane, those proud wounded heroes of Suvla."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next