Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 10:06:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have an Apple  (Read 2565 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: November 11, 2008, 09:40:17 AM »

I am not going to eat this apple because they are not going to bring me any more.

They are not going to bring me any more apples because I am not going to eat this one.

I am not going to eat this apple because they are not going to bring me any more.

They are not going to bring me any more apples because I am not going to eat this one.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
charmd2
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 11:44:26 AM »

I just stole your apple..

Now I'm happily eating it. 

Charla Hinkle
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 01:48:31 PM »

Hopefully you have apple insurance.

Rick
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 02:39:33 PM »

I am positive there is a govt agency that deals with this issue and probally will give you apple support payments.

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 03:02:54 PM »

If there isn't, we should form a governmental select committee to study the issue so that every citizen can have their fair share of the apple sauce.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »

OK. This went differently than I was expecting.

I thought someone would say to eat the apple already.

The scenario is my view of all this crap going on with the markets and the so called recession. (Which by the way I haven't noticed anything different.)
So in order to end the recession, tomorrow everyone just needs to go out and buy something. 

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 03:26:10 PM »

Now you see the problem with being politically correct.  Its results go quickly astray of its intended purpose.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »

it just made me stop at the fruit stand for an apple for lunch Undecided

Keith
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 04:09:39 PM »

What if I don't want an apple.... grin Is this a green apple or yellow? I don't like hard red ones. I could go for a yellow one. Is it yellow? Do I just need to buy one? And if I buy more than one, will I need to buy the whole bag? And what about the bags? Do they have those plastic rip off bags, or do I need to put them in the cart and let them bag the apples. They get bruised that way. I don't like that.

Oh forget it. I'll have a banana. Unless it's green. I don't like green bananas. Brown is ok, if just a little...................  shocked

I'm not sure if that was Seinfeld or a rant from Andy Rooney.... grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 04:19:34 PM »

Forget the apples. "Have a banana"

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 05:43:21 PM »

Has anyone asked the apple? They have rights too!

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
charmd2
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 06:44:32 AM »

Ok, sorry to have ruined your apple rant. Smiley  I just felt that if you weren't going to eat the apple, that someone should,  apples spoil you know   evil

Charla Hinkle
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 06:51:37 AM »

I'd eat it fast.  Wink

See, if the guy down the street that has never planted an apple tree, or has cut his tree down foolishly for firewood, is too lazy to reach up and pick one, or poisoned it so it's no good to eat, or any other reason has no more apples....the government will soon be cutting up your apple and giving it to those who need it.

Now you could always throw your apple at those coming to take it. But I'd rather you consume it and have the energy to hold that firearm steady, which may be more effective in the long run..  grin

Did this get the thread back on track?  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 09:58:44 AM »

jerrymac, eat the apple smiley  according to the news, it may be the last one you ever get!!!!

it's hard for me to understand how adults can be so stupid, but here we are.  election year hype and government panic has taken us from what would have been a market correction and shallow recession, to a full blown crisis.  all markets correct.  if the government stays out of the way, those companies that can not stand the correction fail, and those that were strong and well run survive.   a few people get hurt, but the majority are better off in the long run.  even those who get hurt end up better off in a stronger market and economy.

in this case, the government stepped in (to avoid an international crisis) and started bailing out banks.  the predictable happened and everyone lined up for a bailout.  at the same time, because of the election cycle, people were being pounded with "news" of the failing markets, lost retirement, and impending depression.  consumer confidence fell and hype began to become reality. 

people get nervous and it doesn't take much to push them over the edge.  look at the Schumer/IndyMac failure.  BTW....you NYers really know how to pick them!  smiley

this will go down in history as another textbook example of what happens when the government fixes things.  unfortunately, it really is bad now and the consequences are far reaching for the US.  bush gets blamed unjustly for many things.  in this case, he will go down in history as the president who allowed government bailouts and takeovers, and led to the financial downgrading of the US internationally.  this will be his legacy and the consequences will last far longer than any war.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 10:58:01 AM »

So how long will it be before I can get an apple from the seeds of this apple  Undecided

Jerry

Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 11:56:20 AM »

So how long will it be before I can get an apple from the seeds of this apple  Undecided

Apples aren't true to their seed,   you must graft from a tree Wink

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 12:34:09 PM »

Apples aren't true to their seed,   you must graft from a tree Wink

You mean I'll get a pear?

Jerry

pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 12:53:30 PM »

Only if you eat it when you get it. Remember what happened to the apple.

bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 06:32:15 PM »

you have a one in 10,000 chance of geting a good apple;, but grafting makes a cloan of the tree you get your sion wood from

to bee or not to bee
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 07:17:23 PM »

So I would have to find out where this apple came from and then ask those folks to send a branch I can graft onto a tree I do not have?

Jerry

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next