Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 19, 2014, 04:49:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now I'm really mad  (Read 1286 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: November 04, 2008, 06:25:56 PM »

What the hay...
As if it isn't bad enough they interrupt your favorite shows to tell you the latest voting results, now the channels have been preempted? Like every one really wants to sit there and listen to the play by play of this mess  rolleyes

Perhaps I can find something else to view.  I do have satellite TV after all.  grin

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 09:35:21 PM »

the tv station got us where they want us  jail

Johnny
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:38:37 PM »

This is why I watch MOST of the TV SERIES on my computer, on my schedule and almost commercial free. I spend one day a week catching up with about 10 series and it really works, especially if I can record it and watch it at work.

Most of the TV Episodes they stream make it through to our work computer too, although I'm leary about watching TV there - that's why I bought a laptop Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:54:40 PM »

Last night they pre-empted Heroes for some wierd SNL skit.
Today I've stayed away from the TV, the power switch is in the OFF position.
Elections are always depressing, especially when they don't go the way you voted.
The only time I didn't vote was during the last (2004) presidential primary election when it was necessary, because of federal court decission, to declare a party affiliation in order to have your vote count.
This year the Top 2 primary system the citizens in the state of Washington voted in after the Supreme court said our open primary was unconstitutional allowed us to vote without declaring a party affiliation plus the candidates don't have to either.  The US Supreme court found the top 2 (WA & LA) constitutional. 

I refuse to declare for a specific party regardless of the candidate and I've never voted a straight party ticket in my life.  I've always considered people who vote for only one party, regardless of the candidate, as having a lemming mentality.
Straight Democratic ticket = lemming.
Straight Republican ticket = lemming.
Mixed ticket = some actual thought went into who each candidate is and what they stand for.  I'll vote against any candidate that is not an avid supporter of the 2nd Amendment, regardless of the party.  Afterall, if you lose the 2nd Amendment you lose the power to retain the rest of them.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 12:30:30 AM »

I never understood that "party affiliation" thing either. I really do not like the "party" system. Things would really be different if there were no parties.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 09:03:23 PM »

I's like to see the election system re-organized so that is time-limited instead of the exhausting 4 year long compaigns.  Say a 3 month campaign period ending with a primary and then another 2 month campaign period prior to the general election.
I also think the campaign financing should be limited to individual persons (not business's, corporations, special interest groups, etc.) giving up to $2000.00 per election cycle. That would be $4000.00 combining primary and general elections campaigns.
Contrabutions for election could only be solicited by a candidate within the boundaries of his district/ward the office represents.
That would put all candidates on an equal playing field and elimiate outside influence, giving the selection process back to the people where it belongs instead of the PAC's, SIG's, Political Parties, and Business.

Just think of how much less expensive and fair such a system would be.

But I've been accused of being a dreamer.   

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 10:13:21 PM »

the TV station got us where they want us jail

Johnny
I hope I'm not the only one that noticed a lot of bias in the media all the way till the end.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 12:47:59 AM »

not only are you not the only one, but the media monitors also reported on it. pew had a report today i think.  the title was deceiving, but the content said that the reporting was very biased with MSNBC being the worst and fox the more even handed.  lets face it.  the  media backed mccain until he was chosen and then they overwhelmingly backed obama against him.  we (i) knew mccain was a bad choice.  he was just the easiest to beat, in part because he didn't have the base behind him.

kind of hard to find real news these days.  it's getting to be a full time job to fact check and bias check news reports.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 08:03:42 AM »

Kathy I saw a bit on the news (NPR) about the bias msnbc being the worst something like 750 some odd positive stories about Obama to 15 for Mccain and Palin
Fox Was 42 40 positive obama/Mccain
The lefties hate fox because it is fair and balanced.

Keith

P.S. I was listening to NPR while riding with my very liberal left wing boss captive audience what can I do  Lips Sealed
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 08:52:53 AM »

I was listening to NPR while riding with my very liberal left wing boss captive audience what can I do 

one of the basic rules of warfare.  know your enemy  smiley.  fortunately, they make it easy with network news and public radio!  to bad about Air Amerika.......

confessions from Washington Post....a little late.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/07/AR2008110702895.html

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next