Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 24, 2014, 11:16:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WRITTEN BY A 15 yr. Old SCHOOL KID IN ARIZONA : New Pledge of Allegiance  (Read 12678 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2010, 08:44:26 PM »

[
tecumseh:
well it appears you are assuming quite a bit here miss kathy with very limited evidence.  first of all I suspect most folks that come to bee keeping sites are novice and may well read a lot of post prior to making even one post.  most forum type sites eventually provide 'tell us about yourself' just to get the new folks to post something.  this adds to traffic which then computes into any advertisement space being of increased value*.

You don't see any ad space being sold here. that is not what the "greetings thread" is all about here.I don't really think you'll see bee supply banners and such posted all over the top of every page at Beemaster like you see at other sites.Or other banner ads for that matter.

I do not think saying someone is thin skinned falls into the same category as bigot,racist ,homophobe or the like.I personally get sick and tired of people with conservative values being labeled by these words.

As John has implied,we all are guests here,we have no rights on this forum,only privileges. If this is a problem for anyone,the door works two ways.
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2010, 08:05:48 AM »

buzzbee writes:
I do not think saying someone is thin skinned falls into the same category as bigot,racist ,homophobe or the like.I personally get sick and tired of people with conservative values being labeled by these words.

tecumseh:
you seem to suggest that the labeling and the evaluation of name calling goes only in one direction?  So is your evaluation here purposefully biased? 

for myself I usually try to collect a bit more information before I label folks with any of the above labels... not one small sound bite followed by 'I assume some intention' of the writer.

even without banners or advertisement I suspect my analysis of the behavior of new beekeepers on these kinds of sites is fairly robust.

perhaps if you would add to the rules of this web site... the coffee house is for the exclusive use of folks of conservative values (which does seem to be the operational rule anyways) and any variation from the official party line will result in the poster being shot  Undecided would limit the problem here. 

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2010, 10:18:40 AM »

beat a dead horse

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2010, 03:42:10 PM »

where was it ever said if you are not right wing you don't belong here? it seems most on this forum seem to be conservative in beliefs, but if I had to make a bet most beekeepers fall on the conservative side as well so it would make sense a beekeeping website leans conservative. I always wonder why most outspoken libs get themselves banned here but then I realise most resort to personal attacks. I remember SGT Maj was on for awhile I enjoyed jousting with him in the coffee house and enjoyed interacting with him in the other rooms. but he ended up banned, why who knows ultimately but I saw personal attacks from him so he was booted. I always like hearing from the otherside of an argument it makes me think about my position more in depth. I like to see someone argue their case not just attack mine and or resort to personal attacks once their argument runs its course and they are losing.

Keith
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2010, 05:05:06 PM »

tecumseh:

Oh you are walking into deep waters, I suggest you either turn around or jump on a boat cause you are drowning in your own stupidity and ignorance.

I take great insult to your accusation that ANYTHING done in this forum is for commercial or analytical reasons. You are fortunate enough to find a place on the Internet that refuses advertising of any kind, offers a place where members with any opinions can express them and all that is asked is to be friendly, and you look for the worst in something that is rare and respected. I refuse to drop to name calling, I would label you an ungrateful idiot if I did, but that is not my style and I will not go there.

It is not my problem if the majority of the membership have conservative ideals. It likely represents the beliefs of beekeepers as much of beekeeping comes from the heartland and not the bordering blue states. But no one is suppressed in their expressions of Liberal ideas, and everyone here welcomes opposing thoughts, or conversations would be very boring at best with everyone agreeing.

Back to the forum for a minute, I'm still thinking how irritating a comment you make on the reasoning behind the forums "commercial free" promise to it's members. I have been offered so many times over the years, from many of the well known supply companies, authors of books, and others who think our group is a great target audience and NEVER have I said yes. This site is commercial free and will remain so, LONG after I am dead and turned to ashes - that is my promise to our members. To you it seems to be some kind of scam, which would insult me more if I thought you to be a credible member, but you are here to stir the pot - it is what you thrive on and what gives you your jollies.

From the way you quote people, to the words you use, reading your posts is like crawling through fiberglass insulation to many members, including me. I just feel the need for a shower, but know somehow even that won't stop the itching you leave behind.

Probably the most grief I took in the forum was to STOP all SALES POSTING in the Trading Post forum. Every other forum allows that and it is OFTEN a goodservice to the members. But, I know most members belong to other forums and can find such info there, I decided that our forum should stick with our theme of non commercial for because: I can not vouch for any on other than me - I have always used the theory "just because I get great food and service at an eatery, doesn't mean you will" so recommending things is something I reserve and use sparingly. I don't want members who have bad experience with people in the trading post to come to me - it is not worth negative feedback, so I chose no sales in the Trading Post.

Many members did not like this at all, but it was for the greater good and I knew they could easily find such service elsewhere - but I still assume you think there is some great marketing scandal on my part for not even allowing THAT kind of advertising?

I'm not wasting any more posts on you, not on these topics at least. So go and QUOTE each of my paragraphs as you do, I swear you are beach sand caught in our butt cracks, but it is your style. But I really suggest you be careful at how speak of the forum and any hidden agendas you believe it may have, that is a sore spot I have with you and I promise, you don't want to go there again.

One person in a PM referred to you as a mosquito on their arm just sucking way and it's best to smack them after they're filled with blood cause they can't get away as easily cause they are too heavy. I understand that more every day, and although I would probably choose a different bug to compare you too, likely a Deer Tick) but the feeling is very much the same and I've been through Lyme's Disease before, I won't allow that to happen again if at all possible.

Enjoy your reply, I think I've given you enough fodder, so fill your liberal and biased cannon and shoot away, but be careful - I am a member too, a bit more thick skinned that I expect the rest of the membership to tolerate, but don't keep stating "there is an agenda" to this forum - I can't say it any plainer than that.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2010, 06:26:12 PM »

I just thought of a line I heard in an audiobook, based on a true story.

Japan challenged Korea to a horse race, just one horse from each country. Japan won the race, but Korea chose to make the best of a situation, not the worse. In their newspaper they wrote:

"INTERNATIONAL HORSE RACE"

Korean horse comes in second...
Japan horse comes in next to last...

Everything is perspective, that's my point!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »

I will have to remember that one.   grin
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2010, 08:40:37 AM »

beemaster writes:
I take great insult to your accusation that ANYTHING done in this forum is for commercial or analytical reasons.

tecumseh:
I think if you will reread my prior post (carefully) I was making a statement about most new bee keepers behavior... i.e. to read, read, read and then post much later.  Some sites (commercial or non commercial) seem to add 'tell us about yourself' just to get some folks to post something.   I have no hidden agenda (no dog in that hunt) in regards to the commercial or non commercial operation of this web site.  Unlike yourself... I do try to collect a bit more information before I project some intention (good or bad) on any individual.  Unlike yourself.. I do try to compose a bit broader profile before I tag someone as conservative or liberal (not that I think either LABEL produces much real information).   

It does sadden me greatly that my fellow citizens (and perhaps even a few real beekeepers in the crowd) are so 'thin skinned' that any post by myself produces such distasteful comparison as 'crawling thru fiberglass' or some comparison to a blood sucking insect.  Evidently a CIVIL conversation is not to some folks taste.

I will make no more post here* at the coffee house  rolleyes since evidently any and all 'discouraging words' (nor questions) are not allowed by some folks.  The heavy handed stick used to CONTROL the conversation does tell you (me) something.

*there is always some wisdom to be captured in the notion to input time, energy and resources into those things you can change and not to loose too much sleep or waste too much time on those things you cannot.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2010, 09:34:10 AM »

I'm a member here because I couldn't stand all the sparring and name calling over at beesource.  It didn't do them any good over there, and was a constant source of trouble because of lack of control.  Which is why Barry had to lock it down to special entry.  I've really wondered why after years of posting there, you show up in the coffee house here?

I appreciate BeeMaster's control.  Even if it does tilt more my way than yours. (I didn't like the controls at beesource, so I shut up and left).  But he has kept the peace, and there is a diversity of membership here.  And, quite frankly, I've learned a lot of beekeeping, and at his expense and on his servers. So if I don't like it...well...I can shut up and leave, since it isn't mine. 

THANKS BEEMASTER!!!  Not just for the controls, but for the outstanding forums! 

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2010, 09:53:24 AM »

It does sadden me greatly that my fellow citizens (and perhaps even a few real beekeepers in the crowd) are so 'thin skinned' that any post by myself produces such distasteful comparison as 'crawling thru fiberglass' or some comparison to a blood sucking insect.  Evidently a CIVIL conversation is not to some folks taste.

one more time....it was never the content of your posts that was in question.  it was the presentation.  it is always wise to examine criticism to see if it is valid.  criticism is not always valid, but when multiple people are telling you the same thing...
of course, there are people who intend to be condescending, or to appear arrogant.  it gives them a (false) sense of superiority.  guess it might be a substituter for actually backing a point?

I've really wondered why after years of posting there, you show up in the coffee house here?

i just signed up over there out of curiosity.  i have been invited over the years, and directed to read posts over there.  thought i'd give it a try.  it's pretty quiet.....

i appreciate the controls here also.  even when i am on the receiving end of those controls!   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2010, 09:15:02 AM »

SOMEONE WAS DIGGING DEEP TO RECOVER THIS POST. dang capps button!  evil

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next