Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 04:41:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations to The United States of America  (Read 6645 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2008, 10:38:54 PM »

i can tell you what the world would look like. 

Afghanistan would still belong to UBL and he would still be exporting death to us and our allies.
  the sanctions would have been lifted on iraq and saddam would have done what he said he was waiting to do....restarting his WMD program.
he would still be financially suppporting suicide bombers and by now, perhaps supporting his life style selling weapons as well.
 quite likely he and achmeidiot in iran would be in a horse race to see who could destroy israel and the us the fastest, since both were stated goals of both leaders.
the UN, unchecked, would have been able to make great strides on it's millennium plan which included international small arms control, international courts, and a standing UN army under UN command.
  the FBI, CIA, and military intel would still be fighting separate wars and wondering why they were losing. 
taxes would have been raise so that the economic downturn the bush inherited would have become the recession we now have and the 5 out of 8 years of record growth in the economy and low unemployment we have until now enjoyed would not have happened.
  we  would have had global warming legislation passed that would have crippled industry for decades to come.
   radical islam would have spread in this country and others without resistance.
 there would be more big holes in the ground.

friends are nice, but not the most important thing.  if you sacrifice doing the right thing to have friends, you have gained nothing.  many presidents have been vilified for doing what they believed was the right thing.  sometimes it turned out they were correct.  sometimes they were not.  if a person makes a principled decision rather than sticking his finger in the wind to see which way it blows, you have to at least respect the intent.

now, don't get me wrong. bush did plenty of things that i really don't like, but i believe he did what he thought was right given the times and the info he had.  he had to make decisions that many men could not make, and many more would not make.

it amazes me that we have so easily forgotten the 30 years before bush.  what did our "friends" do for us in those years when we suffered attack after attack?  what did our presidents do?  nothing.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2008, 11:17:19 PM »

BTW...now that i think about it....what friends have we lost?? 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2008, 06:44:26 AM »

Well put Kathy.
  The real friends we've had are still there.They may disagree on some points,but they are still there.If anyone thinks the radical Islam will ever give up on trying to destroy freedom around the world by the election of a new President,they have another thing coming.As far as some of these countries that were luke warm to us that now all of a sudden dislike us,one only needs to look at the the large numbers of immigrant Muslims these nations have .Radicals have opened schools to teach hate in many of these nations and you know there are a few of these schools in our own nation.
 Comparing these last eight years to the Clinton years is not a true comparison.Sure we may be weathering  tough economic times,but considering what happened on 9-11-2001,without a strong will to do something the world economy could have faced total collapse and we could all be living the way they do in third world countries.
  As you pointed out earlier,in previous wars people actually had to sacrifice.I don't mean no Pizza hut on Friday,no mall shopping Saturday with a movie in the evening afterwords.Could you imagine public reaction if they were told you can only use thirty gallons of gas this week?
 People were issued ration cards for conserving materials for the ear effort.This is where recycling really took off.
  When our nation went to war,it was a nation wide effort to win,not just a night time tv show where they constantly told you Americans are dying.If you look at the number of our servicemen that have given the ultimate sacrifice it is very low compared to all they have accomplished.
 If we would keep political pundits out of the war and could have let the soldiers do the job a soldier knows how to do well,I think the war could have been finished a lot sooner.
 And don't forget, a war economy provides a lot of jobs even if the two edge sword of government spending is involved.
  And the wars we've fought were to protect the rights of our CITIZENS and their FREEDOMS even if we disagree!
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2008, 07:14:09 AM »

I like kathyp more every day!   grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2008, 10:18:58 AM »

I'm Joe America compared to Kathy's seasoned Statemanship - I know when to keep my mouth shut, for I realize I lack the finite details (the pixels) that make a photo, I just see photos. Kathy BJorne is a real asset here and always appriciate when it comes for a Conservative views, I know where to come.

I still believe Bush is a Baffoon, but Kathy's explanation at the last of Brass Cookies on McCain and the filtered views and lack of followups on Obama, I go back to what I said to start my point - after 8 years of Bush-hit neither party could come up with a better candidate, of course many would argue that Obama was perfect for now. It was old and frail against old and beaten, it was sharp and statuesque against short and sorriful. As Kathy said, it isn't what we know that could take a President down, it is what we don't know. The secrets of Obama will come out, I don't think he is an angel, nor do I think he is the AntiChrist that I believe Edwards is - I do though believe his prejustices against white will shine, I may not say he is anti-white, but I'd bet a paycheck he is pro-black, and that is NOT someone who should represent us all.

I hope that historically speaking Obama goes down as one of the greatest Presidents ever, that is what we need now, a historical figure, known not for his color but his deeds as Commander in Chief.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2008, 11:08:38 AM »

You do know that Obama has a white mother don't you?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2008, 12:41:47 PM »

a historical figure, known not for his color but his deeds as Commander in Chief

on that i can agree!!!!

i enjoy doing the writing and research.  it's fun, no matter what the subject.  be careful with the compliments.  if my head explodes, all the usually useless stuff in there will splatter the PNW and hurt someone!!   tongue

Alexis de Tocqueville
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2008, 03:46:58 AM »

Now Kathyp, I reckon you should run for something. All its takes is passion and guts and you have both.

The Chinese are madly learning English. Every report I have read is of other countries, even France, realising that English is going to dominate the 21st century. So interesting to read an opposing report. Scare mongering comes to mind.

McCains 5 years as a POW of the North Vietnamese is precisely the kind of experience a president should have. Im not having a go at anyone in here, but at times I think people dont realise what kind of Captors the Nth Vietnamese were. Look at the blokes that survived such lengths and more in captivity over there, and you find special men. The skills of survival, leadership, strategy, communications, diplomacy and on it goes. The ability to judge your adversary, to be risking your own life in direct terms each day for so long. When YOUR life depends on your next reaction, not the lives of others fighting far away in your name. I could go on, perhaps I am a bit biased, but I wish we had faced the last 8 or so years under McCain, not Bush. At the end of it all. I couldnt vote for a 75 year old man or whatever to lead my country, let alone the USA.

GAWD to think Macca had a hearta, and Annie Oakley on speed was the President of the USA? scary stuff. Bloody frightening actually.

I like Galloway. No point not using your ability to get your word out and not speaking your mind.

Yes renmag, bring back the skill we learnt in Kinda and Ill be a happy man!

What friends have you lost? Well swings and roundabouts. A few in Afruica have gone to the Chinese, thats going to make Africa a real place to watch in the next 20 years. China is rebuilding joints you have never heard of, by building roads and schools, hospitals etc etc all for the rights to mine. Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria, the Republic of Congo, and Sudan are all cashing in.

Then theres a few European countries lost but more gained from the old USSR. USSR is no longer being buddy buddy with you or anyone else. Putin is the new Brezhnez, you know who I mean, and is beating its chest, spoiling for a decent fight with someone. China still doesnt trust anyone, but loves the money from their new form of commucapitalism. They remain neutral to the USA, but as I said watch Africa.

Australia remains the same as ever. We know what side our bread is buttered on. We are a strange people. As you know, QEII is still our head of state and we like it that way. The same loyalty sees us backing you up since the 1850s. We aint missed a war with you yet, and were not about to change.

PRESIDENT: Mr Australian Prime Minister, we need your support, we have just invaded Lakehurst.

PM: Mr President, what do you need?

PRESIDENT: What you got?

PM: The usual, SAS, F18s, Commandos, Clearance Teams, ATC, a few Frigates, Docs and Nurses. I can give you a Regiment, or two of fighters. Pine Gap, Woomera, whatever bases you want.

PRESIDENT: Will your people be happy with that?

PM: They are already demanding we support you!

I doubt it will ever change, its gone like that the last 65 years almost to the word I reckon.

Its as hard for me to understand your devotion to a President as it is for you to understand why we love the Queen of England. Its  different for John and those in Service, who pledge to follow the orders of the CIC, no questions asked. Down here, we think we are following the orders of the bloke that gives them to us face to face, and that of our Government, but not of a CIC.

If our PM rocked up on the battlefield and gave an order, our blokes would tell him to get stuffed and earbash him about the meagre old age pensions the Govt pays. Your blokes would say eye eye sir and press the button. So we respect the "Government" more then the leader of it, the PM. We know our PM, is just a puppet and treat him as such, hes a front man. Mind you tho, when its time for the Govt to go, we kick HIM out lol.

So it must be an interesting time for those in service. If leadership comes from the top, Obaba will want to make some kind of mark.

What I want from Obama, is a bit of payback. I want some Agricultural Trade concessions, what we are asking is nothing, we cant produce enough to make a difference to the welfare of your farmers. We are not asking for billions of dollars in aid for defence, like some I could mention. Just a fair go for our farmers. Nothing more than other Countries, just the same.

We havent asked for a single thing from you, except once in about 1942 and the benefit then was mutual. So not a bad record. Sometimes it seems like what we do for you is not thought of at xmas time, thats all.

If it was dreaming time, Id ask for you to donate to us, a Carrier Fleet. Whats that, 10 Billion or less, it would be so cool to see Australia have a real navy again. But that would spark an arms race in sth east asia ...........hmm, Smiley

You know there has been huge controversy here. Seems our Pm Rudd, had a chat with GWB and mentioned G20, "Whats G20 asked Bush" and that was leaked to the media. So its been worked for all its worth. Quite funny as it seems to be true. Asking whats G20 for Bush is the same as asking whats the UN for you and me lol. G6, G8, G12...G20.

I am looking forward to the Inauguration live on TV next year. I dont know how you put up with the wait, worse than having a baby I imagine.

I will be watching for the unthinkable of course. So will everyone else. I am not silly enough to mention it here, but its a dangerous time. I cant begin to imagine how to plan the whole swearing in thing. Thats a doco I want to see!

I think the most important thing your new Government can do for you, as priority number one, is to sit down and and look at what you are doing all over the Globe. Cut things back a bit here and there, consolidate. The US is close to bankruptcy as it is. The level of personal debt combined with the Govts. spending. My my, Id be losing my religion if I was living there. Your dollar is almost as bad as ours. A month or so ago we were .98 to your 100. Great for our shoppers, but it must have almost killed you. Now its back to to the usual .65/100. Girl I know just got back from stateside and came home WITH money lol.

Anyway. I just hope that the people of the give the new bloke a go. If hes no good, kick him out next time!

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 10:47:05 AM »

Mr Australian Prime Minister, we need your support, we have just invaded Lakehurst.

and you should take up writing!   grin

it's not about war.  it's about supporting each other in things like UN sanctions,  defense, etc.  sometimes war is a part of it, but seems we have been there for others on occasion also?

Its as hard for me to understand your devotion to a President

in fact, as a military, we are not.  we are sworn first to protect and defend the constitution of the US.  these are the officer and enlisted oaths.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)
both put the constitution first, and both make allowances for the senior officers and even president going off the rails. 

we do not have the right to sit down and defy an order if it is a lawful one.  we do not even (most of us) have the desire to do that.  an undisciplined military might as well be disbanded, as they are useless.  what we can do, and what many including myself have done, is leave the military  if we do not agree with policy. 

it took a few years with clinton.  most that left did not go until he'd been in a few years.  it's already happening with obama. 

"Whats G20 asked Bush"

and aids that were present said it didn't happen. 

What I want from Obama, is a bit of payback.

get in line.  seems that is the platfore he was elected on.

I will be watching for the unthinkable of course. So will everyone else

he is "the one" nothing bad will happen.  the unthinkable course will come later when he puts out policy.

Anyway. I just hope that the people of the give the new bloke a go. If hes no good, kick him out next time!

that's the way the system works.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2008, 02:50:46 PM »

A Headline from the front page of yesterday's local daily paper: "Obama to use executive orders for Immediate Impact.  Emphasis added.

Sounds disquieting, don't dictators rule by executive order?  That's one way to overrule congress that no president has tried before, that Obama would even mention it prior to taking the oath of office is cause for pause.  I realize it is suppose to impress with his commitment to get things done but it still begs the question.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »

Here it is Brian -> http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94BM1O00&show_article=1&cat=0

Here is another one you might find interesting -> http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94CDDM80&show_article=1

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »

Interesting that Braun would voice the same concern I've voiced elsewhere on this forum for the same reasons.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »

Well he does see the constitution as a hindrance to his plan for America huh

Keith
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2008, 04:30:48 PM »

You want a nomination for PM Mick. You've got it.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2008, 05:22:06 PM »

Interesting that Braun would voice the same concern I've voiced elsewhere on this forum for the same reasons.

ya, just what did he mean?? 

the military takes an oath to protect and defend the constitution.  police, other law enforcement and 1st responders take an oath to protect and serve the people.  to whom would this force swear an oath?

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2008, 01:33:43 PM »

ya, just what did he mean??  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

the military takes an oath to protect and defend the constitution.  police, other law enforcement and 1st responders take an oath to protect and serve the people.  to whom would this force swear an oath?

Can y'all say jackbooted thugs?  rolleyes

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »

I'm having flash back of the mid-1990s. Are we going to start forming militias again?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2008, 02:24:57 AM »

You want a nomination for PM Mick. You've got it.

Geoff, I would not accept nomination from a coll, colli, colligghh..sorry cant bring myself to say the word, supporter!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next