Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 02, 2014, 02:41:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My parents are buying me a tattoo...  (Read 17332 times)
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »

Lone, yes, tell about the banjo gardens, inquiring minds want to know! Cindi, my bee is on the top of L foot.  There aren't many places that don't change much w/age..you know, body parts heading closer to the earth! rolleyes  I have a far side image of old folks homes & all the people with those tattoos on lower backs & tummys...they are beautiful now but when you are 90.. shocked  Keep the pics coming!  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008, 06:00:50 PM »

Jody, that reminds me of a poster my high school had up in the cafeteria 11 years ago that had a elderly woman with nose, eyebrow, lip, and several ear piercings with chains running between each one.  Said something about not doing something now that you'll regret later.  But everyone at school thought that poster was awesome and hoped we would look that way when we were elderly.  lol.

Lone, I really want to see a pic of you banjo garden.  I've been playing bluegrass banjo myself for almost 22 years and used to play in the semi pro group, The Southern Transfer Band, several years ago when I used to live in Portland Oregon.  My friends all give me a hard time for always listening to Bluegrass/Folk/Americana.  They just don't understand that there's more to music than what the top 40 has to offer.  To me, most roots type music have stories to tell that actually have meaning and depth.

Oops, turning a tattoo thread into a banjo picking one!  lol

I wanna see more tattoos!!!!!!   Postem!!!!!

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
Lone
Queen Bee

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »

Hello,

I am not a real good banjo player, and as it's the right hand with the swollen bee tattoo, I can't do a lot of picking right now.  But everytime I'm playing with the bees I sing that song from the Big Ol' Songbook for bluegrass banjo.."When the bees are in the hive and the honey's in the comb, and the golden sun bends down to kiss the dew.  while the old mill wheel turns round I love you Mary, when the bees are in the hive I'll come to you.."

I haven't heard your band I don't think, Sean, but I'll listen out for it.  What breed of banjo do you have?  A fiddle player is coming to stay for a couple of weeks, so we'll either make a lot of music or a lot of racket, but have fun doing it.

This is one banjo garden.  I don't have a photo yet of the main banjo garden bed!  But when I do I can show you.  There are 11 banjos in the garden I think, so I'll put another couple here for you.

A copy of my little American Princess.

A table.

Lone

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »

Sean, oh you know what we are all like, we love to go off topic, hee, hee, and ramble....well, at least I ramble...you know that.  I knew that you picked banjo, but I didn't realized you had been pickin' for so many years.  I love banjo.  Do you have any recorded songs when you played with that band?  Just curious, I would love to hear some stuff.

Lone, I bet you are a better picker than you are letting on, I know it is hard to toot our own horn, as it may sound like bragging....but we need to toot that horn, not many others will do that for us.

Your banjo garden is beautiful, as are the two other images.....lovely, get more pictures and show us, when you have that spare moment or two, hee, hee.  Have a wonderful and most awesome life and day, love life and best health wishes to us all.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »

Here you go Cindi this is sean Kelly's band this link will let you hear some of his stuff.http://cdbaby.com/cd/southerntransfer there is a link on the left hand side of this site. You guy's sound real good sean grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2008, 08:15:17 PM »

Oh my GOSH!!!
 Is that really you Sean?!
 Its GREAT!!!
You got my wife screaming "Tennessee Stud!!!!"
 She wants to know if you have that online!

Good job doing the research Irwin!!

your friend,
john

Lone
Queen Bee

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2008, 11:33:09 PM »

Hello,

Don't worry about adding banjos to a discussion about tattoos, Sean.  The more banjos the better.  It is good to know there are people around who are as crazy as I am  Smiley

I heard those few songs of yours, they are real good. 

Cindi, thanks, you are very kind, but you haven't heard me play  haha.  It might be a bit much to show you all my garden banjos, but just for you I suppose I'll have to pop one or two more in.

Lone
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »

Lone, nice one, bring 'em on!!!  Have a great and wonderful day, love life, great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
MustbeeNuts
Field Bee

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2008, 10:26:24 AM »

I have a few as well here is a couple , I went with the fantasy theme,

Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2008, 10:29:26 AM »

MustBeeNuts, oooh, very, very nice, loving this thread!!!  Have a most wonderful day and life, great health.  Cindi

poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »

OOOhhh, dragons! I always wished they could make movies out of Anne Mcaffery books, I would love to see what Hollywood would do for Ramoth!  She is so beautiful in my minds eye!  The leigons going out & fighting thread would be cool too!  My daughter has an Amy Brown fairy between her shoulder blades.  She chose to do that instead of Senior bash & graduation present.  I have a huge pine tree that needs to come down. The animals have exposed the root ball somewhat & I'm afraid it will come down in a windstorm.  I want them to leave 10-15' of the trunk & have someone come out & carve a dragon.  I can see it in my mind but whether it can be done or not is another thing! I want more finesse than the usual bears holding a fish..& enhanced or finished w/something.   J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2008, 12:44:03 PM »

my  youngest called last night.  don't remember if i posted that he was getting one.  he told me while i was in TX because he didn't want me to be shocked when he came home at Christmas.  guess it's about 1/2 done, so if i can, i'll get pics when he's home.  even though it's not my thing, what he's getting sounds nice.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2008, 01:17:57 PM »

Wow, I can't believe our CD is still up on CD Baby!  Our band split up about 5 years ago.  We used to have a website but it finally got taken down two years ago.  Our mandolin picker Gary and our bassist Cindy (Gary's wife) moved to Georgia which was the reason why we split up.  I had a great time picking with them.  My truck driving career pretty much killed my bluegrass life since I never have any time to play or go to festivals anymore.  I still keep my guitar and mandolin next to the couch and pick a little inbetween TV commercials.  smiley

That's me on the left, Gary on Mandolin, Cynthia on bass, and Tommy on guitar.

Lone, my banjo is kinda rare.  It's a Flatiron, before Gibson bought them out in 1990.  The model is the Montana Bighorn.  I guess the luthier who made it took images of the record elk horns taken and used them as templates for fret markers up the neck and peghead.  Curly maple sunburst on the resonator and neck.  I put a clear head on it just cause it looks really cool that way and it shows off the SUPER heavy tone ring inside (the banjo in the pic above is my flatiron with the old white frosted head on it).  I had a choice of getting either the Flatiron or a gold plated Gibson... I chose the Flatiron cause it sounded like a dream!!!

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
Lone
Queen Bee

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2008, 06:29:18 PM »

Hello,

As reluctant as I am to show you more banjos, I overcame my fear of heights this morning to take you a photo of the main banjo garden bed.  I definitely have Cindi to thank for that.  I've only seen native bees in the petunias.

Sean, I haven't heard of the Flatiron. Do you play with any bands now?  My main banjo is a White Swallow, an Australian made one.  It does have a bit of gold plating on the armrest bracket.  It has a fairly heavy tonering..enough to take up half the luggage allowance on an aeroplane.  I recently got a fiddle though, so I've had to pack the banjo away for a while.

Lone

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2008, 10:38:54 PM »

did you have to climb on the roof?   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 08:56:01 AM »

Lone, what a beautiful shot of your banjo garden.  I cannot believe that you undertook that enormous feat in your life of overcoming a fear of heights, just for me, hee, hee.  Could you do it again?  Hee, hee....Wow, where did you have to go to get that picture of that banjo garden anyways?  I picture you climbing a huge tree, limb after limb, taller and taller, finally reaching the very tip top of a tree that probably had the very tip top bending over, swaying in the breezes that we know are up high in the tree tops, carefully pointing your camera and taking a most beautiful and awesome picture.  Well, that is my imagination running wild, and I am so grateful to have a very active one, hee, hee. 

Lone, so tell us where you went to overcome that fear of heights to get that picture, hee, hee.  We be that nosey crew.....have a most wonderful and awesome day and life, great health.  Cindi

Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »

Lone,
I love the banjo gardens!  What a really cool idea!  No I don't play in a band now.  After Southern Transfer broke up, I lost interest for a while.  Then I started driving semi trucks long haul which pretty much killed any social life I had.  I've been driving locally now for the last 3 years but I don't have weekends off and work night shift.  So even that makes it hard to form a band.

We should change the title of this thread to "Banjos and Tattoos!"  lol.  Reminds me of a hat a friend from another band, Crossfire, got me when they toured in the South many years ago.  It was from an actual store called, "B&B Guns and Banjo Shop, Section Alabama".  There was a picture of a banjo and a revolver in a X pattern.  It was crazy stuff!!!  Wish I still had it.

Lets see more tattoos guys!!!

Sean Kelly

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »

The closest that I have to a tattoo is a big birthmark on my butt.  I don't think you want to see a picture of that, though, so I'll spare you.  rolleyes

Oh, I'll clarify that by saying that there is absolutely no pictures of that anyway.  grin

Rick
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »

Rick, I dunno.  I personally think that birthmarks are a very special thing, they make that person extremely unique.  They are rather odd though, I must say.  My youngest Daughter has one on the top of her hip, on the side, on her waist.  It has grown larger since she was a young girl.  It is about the size of a dollar bill now.  When she was little I thought it was dirt, and remembered to try and wash it off one time, until I understood what it was.  Anyways, it still looks like dirt, it is not raised, just a dirty mark that looks like a dollar bill.  Eeks, I am ramblin' and off topic.  Have a wonderful and most awesome day, Cindi

P.S. I  think the name of the thread, Sean, should be renamed, tattoos, banjos and birthmarks, hee, hee, smiling.....C.

Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2008, 03:23:38 PM »

December 16th is my appointment to get marked for life!  Less than a month away!  I feel like a little kid waiting for christmas!
Any more tattoo images?  Banjo Stuff? 

Sean Kelly

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next