Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 21, 2014, 05:58:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thankgiving carvers?  (Read 1475 times)
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« on: November 02, 2008, 07:48:56 AM »

Now that Halloween is past,  do we have any Thanksgiving pumpkin carvers?   

Here is one I did a while back for a Thanksgiving Dinner center piece....

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 08:38:30 AM »

The face looks like Homer Simpson.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 08:47:47 AM »

Robo (Nice picture and carving)...you are the BEST!  I'm telling my wife that there is now a Thanksgiving contest and the pumpkin on the kitchen counter MUST stay! Never even thought about justifying Thanksgiving as a reason NOT to clean the kitchen counter. She has made a couple comments about "me" cleaning up the dried pulp and seeds that are now stuck in place. If someone can suggest a Christmas pumpkin picture contest, this baby may stay in place till next year!

Pictures are pre-Halloween and post Halloween.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 09:39:49 AM »

Well,  if you let him hang around for Thanksgiving,  he may look like a lot of folks feel after eating that big dinner tongue  Don't know if I can help for Christmas,  but if you can hold out until New Years,  I guarantee he will represent how a lot of folks feel with the New Years eve hang over....

I'm sure the folks that sell the pumpkin carving kits would be more than willing to come up with a set of Christmas drawings to sell.....

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 09:44:59 AM »

Rob, wow!!!  You have some talents there with artistry, well done!!!  BjornBee, you also have some great talent too!!  Yeah for both of ya!!!  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 09:51:42 AM »

i am not that talented sad.  i am now counting the pumpkins that are still in the garden to see how many loaves of pumpkin bread i'll be making and freezing.  cutting them up to cook is all the carving i'll be doing!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »

I used firecracker's to do mine. grin It may not look to good but it was fun.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 03:59:11 PM »

Irwin, I knew there was a reason I liked you!! evil  That sounds like loads of fun, I'm gonna tell my Daughter so we can plan on it for next year...instantly cleaned & chopped for baking & giving to the chix & cows!  Think I need to also get some large garbage bags....sort of Ghallagerish...! shocked  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 07:19:45 PM »

Robo the Thanksgiving pumpkin carvers
 cool

Johnny
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 07:38:07 PM »

Jody, ya we know ya, besides pokin' stuff, we know you like blowin' stuff up too, you bad girl!!!  Leave the pumpkins alone!!!, hee, hee.  I have these unbelievable pictures in my mind's eye of pumpkin blither blather EVERYWHERE, you would never get them to your chics, nor the cows!!!  Have a most great and wonderful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 10:34:14 PM »

The only Thanksgiving Carver I'm interested in is the huge home grown roasted bird on the platter in the center of the table.  That's what I call a center piece, like in I'll have 2 slices of that turkey.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next