Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 03:34:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: if you own a gun.....  (Read 3617 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 05:04:22 AM »

And just remember. All those with gun permits/license.

They know where to find you.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 07:19:03 AM »

So are we supposed to give up because of that?  Some of us have no choice but to register, because after all, we're not criminals - they don't bother.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 07:45:00 AM »

There will be millions of guns mysteriously "lost" prior to any passage of a gun ban or authorities come looking for them. Many, many guns were "lost" over the sides of boats while hunting in other countries that went this direction. Oh, the stories I have heard... evil

I'm already "losing" my guns.  grin

And it never hurts to pick up an extra one or two from the little old lady down the street that wanted to get rid of them after her husband died.  rolleyes

Whether you like Bush or not, and all other things set aside...for me, it was nice to not hear anything about gun control for the past 8 years. But that will quickly take center stage again.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 08:41:41 AM »

JC
please promise that you'll change your avatar after holloween.
Oct 31 cant come soon enough

I ment JP sorry  JC is a contractor freind of mine
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:26:26 PM by danno » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 10:03:42 AM »

JC
please promise that you'll change your avatar after holloween.
Oct 31 cant come soon enough

i'm sure you are talking to JP, and i am with you.  don't call him JC...you'll inflate the other end!   evil

And it never hurts to pick up an extra one or two from the little old lady down the street that wanted to get rid of them after her husband died. 

Whether you like Bush or not, and all other things set aside...for me, it was nice to not hear anything about gun control for the past 8 years. But that will quickly take center stage again.

yup...and as left leaning as the SR of Oregon is, we at least have a lot of latitude in weapons purchase.  just don't forget the ammunition.  i believe it will be the first thing hit.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 10:44:42 AM »

So are we supposed to give up because of that?  Some of us have no choice but to register, because after all, we're not criminals - they don't bother.

Yeah I know it is too late to do anything about it now. It's just that people have always had the right to keep and bear arms, and it just amazes me how easily they give up that right, any right, and seek permission to do so. Should have been stopped the very first time some little town way back when made that first ban on guns.

But now that the Supreme Court has decided that the 2nd amendment does indeed mean "THE PEOPLE" have the right, THE PEOPLE should pursue the "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" part of it.

Wasn't the Constitution written for the people, by the people? Just when did the people decide some branch of the government got to interpret it anyway?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 11:01:02 AM »

People forget that MCain has also supported controls on guns in his past.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »

yes he has, but....

I know how to use guns; but I don't own one. (Nov 2007)
Prosecute criminals, not citizens for gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
Don't hold gun manufacturers liable for crimes. (Sep 2007)
Opposes restrictions on assault weapons and ammunition types. (Sep 2007)
Calls for GOP "tolerance" of closing gun show loopholes. (May 2002)
Ban cheap guns; require safety locks; for gun show checks. (Aug 1999)
Supports ban on certain assault weapons. (Aug 1999)
Voted against Brady Bill & assault weapon ban. (Aug 1999)
Guns are a problem, but so are violent web sites & videos. (Aug 1999)
Punish criminals who abuse 2nd Amendment rights. (May 1999)
Youth Violence Prevention Act restricts guns for kids. (May 1999)
Repeal existing gun restrictions; penalize criminal use. (Jul 1998)
Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
Voted YES on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
Voted YES on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
Voted YES on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)
Allow firearms in National Parks. (Feb 2008)

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gun_Control.htm

obama
Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005

so, given the choice?Huh?

Wasn't the Constitution written for the people, by the people? Just when did the people decide some branch of the government got to interpret it anyway?

not exactly.  it was written to define the limited role of government and to clearly give all other rights to the states.  because we are not a democracy, "the people" didn't really  have to many defined rights.  the bill of rights was added to identify certain individual rights, and state that all other rights are given to the citizenry and the states.

the people were sheeple.  smiley  there are two thoughts on interpretation of the constitution by the courts.  some of us believe that rulings should be made according to a strict interpretation of the constitution.  in other words; what did the writers of the constitution actually intend and why.  this is often done by taking into account other writings of the founders.  there is a danger in this.  the so called "separation of church and state" ruling was brought about by a casual reading of TJ's response to a question by the Danbury Baptists.  the response was not taken in context with the question. 

the other line of thought is that courts should interpret the constitution according the what the founders might have thought in a modern world. the "living document" line of thought. this gives the courts the green light to do pretty much what they want, because you can mentally develop a historical character any way you wish.  someone who wrote against slavery can be brought forward to support abortion.  isn't being forced to have a child you don't want, a kind of slavery?

anyway, that's a gross over simplification, but you get the idea.

this election, for me, is more about the supreme court, than about presidents.  presidents come and go, but supreme court justices are forever!  of course, once we are fully in bed with the UN, it will be difficult to extricate ourselves from that mess........

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2008, 08:55:12 AM »

Kathy it look's like you been doing your home work. Good for you grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »

When the war / revolution starts, I will be ready.

Steve

I have the weapons, I'm now concentrating on acquiring sufficient ammunition to defend my family and property against enemies both foriegn and domestic.  The US Government has bought back a lot of our freedoms through programs of giving out tax money back to us with strings attached, Welfare, Social Security, up to and including No Child Left Behind and the inroads continue.  It will soon come to the point that they will begin to remove our freedoms by force.  Electing Obama president is the new beginning of the destruction of the US Constitution and recognizing the UN as the "One World Government."

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 10:13:54 PM »

Incrementalism is the word of the Day.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next