Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 01:33:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redistribution of wealth...  (Read 1753 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: October 30, 2008, 10:33:20 AM »

This was faxed to me....

Here is a creative approach to redistribution of wealth as offered in a local newspaper....

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "VOTE OBAMA - I NEED THE MONEY!"

Once inside the restaurant, my server had on a "Obama 08" tie. Again I laughed as he had given away his political preference...just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need...the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was "Grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away money he did earn" even though the actual recipient deserved money more.

I guess the redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in actual application.

Enjoy!   grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 11:54:31 AM »

i got that and thought it was great.  it has made the rounds and come back to me.   grin grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 12:10:30 PM »

Perfection personified!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 01:05:19 PM »

I must have bought the whole idea of capitolism, because if you can make 30 times more than me, God bless you. I'm a firm believe that you should make what you can - billionares TYPICALLY contribute to society through their creations, like Bill Gates - who is no cheapskate when it comes to donations...

But I like the idea of KEEPING EVERYTHING I'VE EARNED, not share it with 305 milllion other Americans. I feel for everyone, I know people beyond hurting and still not making it, I am (so far) on of the lucky ones - I'm employed and still have some savings, just bought a house with a small mortgage. But even distribution may be taken out of context, to the common man - we are all fighting for what we have, I don't know many people around my are who's combined income easily exceeds $200K I know they aren't rich, they are concidared JUST making it with 3 kids around here.

I don't think we have a real winner here in this contest, I think it comes to WHICH ONE will do LESS DAMAGE in the next 4 or 8 years. This ecconomic issue is worldwide, not just a US issue - we have a long road ahead, neither of them tag-teams will so any problems too soon.

What ever happened to a FLAT TAX, a 30% or whatever tax across the board of all incomes - I see that as being the only fair way. I'd gladly pay my 3 million a year in tax if I get to keep 7 million, I don't see how that isn't fair. Gladly a flat tax so I know EVERYONE is paying their share.

PS... leave the seniors alone from taxation and figure out a good way to increase our Voluntary Military - hopefully through educational benefits in the field they learn in the military. Because a voluntary and drafted army is a fine line in world matters, one nasty bomb laden country goes whacky one day, we'd see a draft if all Heck broke loose. Nope, no answers just promises from all sides, nothing changed.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 03:54:49 PM »

I heard somewhere that if you cut out all of the deductions and had a real FLAT TAX, it could be as low as 10%. And still have more going to the government than what they have now. I think that was for the individual pay check. Businesses would pay something like 20% I believe.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 08:52:07 AM »

My .02 or after taxes 1.33 cents

I have always thought if we could do away with all income taxes and move to a 30% sales tax on everything minus food.
That way every one spending money gets to pay.
The drug dealer slinging rocks pays.
The Mafia pays.
The billionare who wants yet another yacht floating off his dock pays.
When I want another set of bee stuff pay.
If I choose to save my money I save money with out taxation.
I take home everything I make.
I do not get taxed more because I choose to spend a little more time on the factory floor working before I punch the clock.
I do not get punished because I came up with a great idea or business plan and am now making money.

Again my 1.33 cents

And yes I understand it is a regressive tax.

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 10:07:35 AM »

regressive is better than progressive smiley  and it's not really except that the 40+% of the population that currently pays no taxes, would pay some.  that seems fair to me.

the advantage to your system is that tax payers have control over how much they pay.  of all the taxes, a consumption tax is probably the most 'fair'.  the consumer decides how much to consume, thus controlling the amount of taxes they pay.

the possible down side is that it might put a damper on sales of high end items, but i don't think so.  people who can afford those high end items will be willing to pay the tax because they won't be paying other taxes.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 04:54:19 PM »

I heard somewhere that if you cut out all of the deductions and had a real FLAT TAX, it could be as low as 10%. And still have more going to the government than what they have now. I think that was for the individual pay check. Businesses would pay something like 20% I believe.

I've seen this presented several times. Not sure if it was Nader or another, but someone pushed this 10% over the years. The figures showed that the government would have way more money than it currently has.

A simplified one page tax code, 10% flat tax, and no loop holes. Sounds like something better than we have now.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »

regressive is better than progressive smiley  and it's not really except that the 40+% of the population that currently pays no taxes, would pay some.  that seems fair to me.

If their must be taxes everyone should pay their share, regardless of how small or large that amount is.

the advantage to your system is that tax payers have control over how much they pay.  of all the taxes, a consumption tax is probably the most 'fair'.  the consumer decides how much to consume, thus controlling the amount of taxes they pay.

We have a sales tax in Washington State that works that way, we keep voting down an income tax on the basis of the other taxes wouldn't be repealed or reduced, which would leave us with a regressive and a progressive tax system.

the possible down side is that it might put a damper on sales of high end items, but i don't think so.  people who can afford those high end items will be willing to pay the tax because they won't be paying other taxes.

The only down side to a regressive tax is it is also geared to the ecomony, when sales are up you have taxes to swim in, when the economy hits the skids the tax pool dries up.  Washington voters inacted, by initiative, (an item our current govenor takes credit for) a "Rainy Day" fund to aleaviate this. 
The problem is that even with a minimum percentage of the state budget dedicated to be deposited in the Rainy Day fund, the politicians can't stand to let it accumulate and start spending the reserve even during the good economic times.  This serves to make matters worse when the reserve is really needed because it was raided to pay for feel good social programs.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pond Creek Farm
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 08:38:26 PM »

At least a regressive tax could be predicted and budgeted into a business.  As it stands, many small business owners facing the prospect of increasing taxes will decide to cut jobs to control expenses and yet maintain their own incomes.  IT is silly to suggest that simply raising taxes on businesses will generate more money.  It might, but at what cost?  The business owners will not simply take a profit cut on the chin. Rather, they will cut jobs to see that they do not experience the cut in profit.  In the end, unemployment rises.  Increasing my taxes will not make me work harder to make the same amount, it makes me find ways to work the same and cut expenses.

Brian
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 08:44:52 PM »

And those business owners will raise their price, and the consumers across the board will pay for those "taxes" just the same.

For me...bartering, cash sales, and black money is the way to go. And who better to "adjust" their costs, then small business owners.  grin

Black money......money the government does not know about.

Anybody know what black-black money is?

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 08:55:33 PM »

yeah, money my wife has that I dont know about  tongue

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 09:06:22 PM »

yeah, money my wife has that I dont know about  tongue

I'm still laughing.... grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 10:12:56 PM »

Elecrontic money, money that doesn't really exist but they tax you on anyway?

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 10:39:55 PM »

The answer is:

Black money....money the government does not know about.

Black/Black money, is money the government AND your wife does not know about.

TwT, just put a twist on it that I had not heard before.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next