Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 19, 2014, 08:11:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The secret life of bees  (Read 3714 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 06:30:15 PM »

http://www.nextag.com/notebook-fan/search-html

here are some examples.  any computer store will have them.  i like the lightweight, adjustable ones.  they are powered from the computer through the USB port.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 10:44:07 PM »

Never knew about this item. I will look into this.

Thanks Kathy

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 06:14:14 AM »

Back to the Movie - finally saw it today (I'm another fan of finding stuff on the web when possible - Ted has a cool way of watching, mines a bit more complicated but works great for me Smiley

I liked the movie, but like Ulee's Gold it had little to do with beekeeping. The message of Queen Latifa is "Bees have their own ways, ones that works for them!"

Man, don't we all - we enjoyed it though, first Movie to stream to my HDTV too Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Beekissed
House Bee

Location: (WV) I'm not in the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here...

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 10:40:07 PM »

Saw the movie and felt Dakota Fanning did an excellent job!  I liked the book better....but then, I always do!  Still....a good movie! 

"...he maketh me to lie down in green pastures..."
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »

I loved the book, but doubt I will ever watch the movie. The cast just could not capture the true flavor of the book even closely imo. I didn't love the book because it was about bees, but because Sue Monk Kidd is an excellent writer. Her only other book was excellent as well (The Mermaid Chair). If she could churn out a book every month, I would buy them. Her style creates better mental and emotional images than almost any other author I have read.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next