Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 24, 2014, 08:49:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some info regarding bailout  (Read 1948 times)
reinbeau
Super Bee

« on: October 03, 2008, 04:04:02 PM »

I've been spending lots of time on  Backyard Chickens.  It's funny what you find on that chicken site.  From a spirited discussion of the bailout came these two videos, I don't know if they've been posted here, but if your blood isn't boiling enough, check them out

Dailymotion: 
Burning Down the House
(great music, too)

Excerpts from a Hearing to Investigate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's Illegal Bookeeping

Tears of frustration don't even begin to describe how I feel right now.   Joe Six-pack will still vote for The Messiah because he doesn't want to think too hard.

Edited to fix links.  Sorry 'bout dat!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
EasternShore
House Bee

Tending 50K angry insects is just .........crazy!

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 04:23:57 PM »

Hey there Ann.  Tried to click the links but they didn't work.  Could you post the link manually so I can just type it in my browser?

Thanks,
Becky

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
We are the keepers, it is our duty to preserve life.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »

Sorry, Becky, I fixed the links.  Watch that first one to the end, it's good - and terrible.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
EasternShore
House Bee

Tending 50K angry insects is just .........crazy!

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 05:28:06 PM »

jail
(dirty poloticians)

I see it coming!  What a bunch of horse crap!

Becky

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
We are the keepers, it is our duty to preserve life.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 06:24:57 PM »

I watched the musical video but the other you tube project said it wasnt there anymore.
  This was a long video and also went by faster than I could read all the articles of information to see exactly what was written.
 Fact of the matter is, I'll be backing McCain. I wouldnt doubt that what the video says is the truth, but, with all the stuff being reported about Obama and McCain and Biden and Palin, its really hard to know whats true without really dissecting the sources of information. Again, in all honesty, The video went way to fast to read everything. I can read pretty fast but not THAT fast Smiley
 By the way.....The bailout was signed....But did you guys see this morning about the tax cuts for wooden arrows factories???...Or the part about the Tax break for Nascar tracks..Or Movie MTV?...These "Vultures" are already lining up to spend money from our pockets angry....These people just SUK!!. I wouldnt be surprised that only one half of the bailout $$ will  go to the cause!

Six Pack Joe?
 Most of us prefer 12 packs at least!...heh heh heh..."Six are for Kids"...get it???..Six???....Trix?Huh
Ok,...I better go.....Goofiness is settling in again!

your friend,
john

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 10:33:45 PM »

At the bottom left corner of the vids is a pause button. You can drag the progress bar back if you miss something!
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 10:53:55 PM »

I'll have to do that Smiley.....After the ball game Smiley

your friend,
john

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »

No matter who is elected President you can still see the rot in the houses of Congress.The reason the Constitution is not taught so much in the schools is that it allows these people that pass laws and spending bills to blame every thing that went wrong on the President. The President has enough blame in these things too when he doesn't get the veto stamp out and tell the people why he vetoes things.
 There are 435 House members where the spending bills get written plus four delegates and 100 members in the Senate.If we want real change,this is where we have to start cleaning up.These videos point directly to the root of the problem. Watching the videos shows whose constituents were getting the benenefits of these bad loans and who was receiving the kick backs for handing out this money to people who could not afford these loans.
   People, we need to get citizen Representatives in these positions,not groomed politicians of the elite in this country. A Congress that can't get anything done may be better than the ones that seem to grasp the idea of handouts to ensure a lifetime career in this field.Every handout comes with a huge price tag!!
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 07:45:20 AM »

By the way.....The bailout was signed....But did you guys see this morning about the tax cuts for wooden arrows factories???...Or the part about the Tax break for Nascar tracks..Or Movie MTV?...These "Vultures" are already lining up to spend money from our pockets angry....These people just SUK!!. I wouldnt be surprised that only one half of the bailout $$ will  go to the cause!

Even in times of crisis the bastards can't pass a clean bill without pork crap. WE have to do something! What ever happened to "line item veto"?

Steve 

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 07:51:33 AM »

Obviously that was why the delay in the bill.They needed to to put more crap into the fan. We need another throw the bums out campaign.
Big John
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 09:13:17 AM »

We was sold out AGAIN! We The People need to vote any politician out of office that voted for this bill.

"Semper Fi"
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 10:12:22 AM »

As someone I was talking to said they could resist the bailout but not the pork that was included.

The bailout is bad and the pork is just mean.

This is what I will call the Bush golden parachute. Because it's what he is going out of office with.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 11:02:08 AM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/oct/05/wall.street.bailout

Wow so if we don't give you a golden parachute you don't want our bailout. Fine. No money for you.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 01:16:39 PM »

Oh and look. You can commit insider trading and fraud. And instead of prosecution you will get a bailout.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/02/AR2008100203631.html?hpid=topnews

Sincerely,
Brendhan

DennisD
House Bee

Catchin' the latest buzz

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 02:03:39 PM »

Congress and the Senate prove that crime pays. This bailout is akin to:

Lets say I am a complete retard, I over draw my checking account to an unbelievable sum, I max out my credit cards well above my ability to pay them, I encur over limit, late and bad check fees, I have not paid my rent in months, nor any of my utilities, I have borrowed money time and time again to pay these off, but instead, I blow it all on stupid stuff, and then....

I find a way to make ALL of my neighbors pay my bills legally and they can do nothing about it.

As far as presidential responcibility, the POTUS can't draft or make legislation, that is not the executive branch's charter. He has the power to approve or disapprove legislation, and even then, the house can over-ride him by 2/3rds vote to do so. People give the president too much credit/discredit for decisions made on capital hill. The Potus is not as powerful as folks would like to think. If you want to blame those that are responsible for our messes, look no further than congress and the senate. There is no federal robbery than that of what they ALLOW. Pork bill spending, failure or deliberate incompetence at oversight, aristocracy class mentality fueling corruption, legislation without constituent approval (Congress and the Senate OFTEN go against majority of constituents that write them voicing their approval or disapproval of bills and cast votes along the party lines) are all contributory to this mess.

Party nonesense and stalemates also create this mess. The "TWO PARTY SYSTEM" is much to blame, but you must also realize that which we "knew" to be the moral compass and make up of either party are so intermingled, there is NO TRUE "Republican" or "Democrat" party anymore, there are only "Republicrats" & "Democans". or "Rinos" and "Dinos". They swim and WE sink. At the end of the day, you and I wonder if: we will still have jobs, can afford to drive to work, pay our mortgages, feed our families while THEY wear clothes and jewelery that cost more than our cars on YOUR dime while talking amongst themselves how to next pull the wool over our eyes. Our golden years will be spent in worry, scratching out an existence after age has sucked out ability while we collect and recycle cans to afford an occasional "luxury meal" of steak, providing we can afford the dentures to chew it with, they on the other hand will remain in powerful, over-paid positions well past age 65 in the land of milk and honey whilst living off the fat that was always supposed to be OURS. Neither party cares as long as they have "theirs". We ARE the "haves" and "Have-nots".
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 02:33:27 PM »

Even in times of crisis the bastards can't pass a clean bill without pork crap. WE have to do something! What ever happened to "line item veto"?
Steve 

Presidents never had it. Line Item is usually reserved for Governors at the state level
Keith
Wes Sapp
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »

I have borrowed money time and time again to pay these off, but instead, I blow it all on stupid stuff...
...like beer and cigarettes... that's what "johnnybigfish" would do! grin

Wes Sapp
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 06:42:48 PM »

Yeh Wes, Thats what i would do! grin...Unfortunately, I would have to sit back and watch all my freinds accomplish the consumption of such fine goods! I wore out a few years ago....Hmmm,...Now that i think of it, My friends were already consuming my products!. Thats how I learned to drink so fast!...One drink to taste it...and one drink to finish it,...so it wouldnt get hot! grin
 Yeh,.....I have to admit it...I am a little concerned about the market crash. BUt, Janelle does the worrying for me on this one!
 Like I told my friend years ago who THOUGHT he was a bigot....I said go ahead and be that way...But the first time I see a cross burning on my land, theres gonna be a problem! I dont own much, but when someone tries to take my small piece of land and my home, I'll get serious.( I'll surround my home with my beehives!..Beehives and razorwire!...What a great combination!)..Well, yall know what I mean... Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next