My wife and I did a cutout in an old two-story house built in 1821, the comb was so infested with wax moths, it was unbelievable. We came to the conclusion that the only bee activity was from robbers. There was no brood at all, and it looked like two queen cells had emerged at some point. The brood comb was empty so I suspect they obsconded. I went ahead and removed the comb and sealed up the entrance. Interestingly the house has another hive on the other side, too far away to be connected (huge house) so will see what that one looks like next week if the weather permits. Hopefully the painter will have the articulated arm (bucket) there. Might wait till spring on that one. I am not real fond of working off an extension ladder that high up.