Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 28, 2014, 10:08:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Uncapping Knife vs. Cutco Serrated Bread Knife  (Read 14780 times)
homer
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 02:24:16 PM »

Geesh!  So much for listening to the advice.   The vultures are just interested in the "goods"   Wink

Anybody out there prefer the serrated knife to their electric plane?   I call first dibs.... grin

Robo,

How does that plane work on those frames that are very uneven with high and low sots?  It seems as though they would be a real hassle on those frames.
Brian D
New Bee

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 09:46:17 PM »

I suffered with an electic uncapping knife for a few years prior to opting for a fork of my mother inlaws.  The light suddenly went on and I bought an uncapping fork which is about 3 to 4 inches wide and if scaped along the capped comb, it uncaps the comb quite effectively.  Spinning in the extractor is no problem ... Who la
Romahawk
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 09:37:57 AM »

I too tried a number of different knives, electric and serrated and ended up finally snatching a fork off the table. The fork works great but leaves a bit more wax in the extractor. That how ever is no problem as I set the extractor outdoors on it's side with the bottom slightly elevated so the wax and little bit of honey drain toward the front. The bees clean it up real good in a few days and the left over cappings are so dry I can blow them out with a hose.

I look over the great cleaning job I did and store the extractor for next year. No fuss no muss.  applause

Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens
Kwan Lee
New Bee

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 05:08:26 AM »

I too tried a number of different knives, electric and serrated and ended up finally snatching a fork off the table. The fork works great but leaves a bit more wax in the extractor. That how ever is no problem as I set the extractor outdoors on it's side with the bottom slightly elevated so the wax and little bit of honey drain toward the front. The bees clean it up real good in a few days and the left over cappings are so dry I can blow them out with a hose.

I look over the great cleaning job I did and store the extractor for next year. No fuss no muss.  applause

So, at last what is the best method that you suggest ? is it Electric Uncapping Knife or. Cutco Serrated Bread Knife ?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next