Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 23, 2014, 02:51:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I would come here to bee refreshed . . .  (Read 920 times)
utahbeekeeper
House Bee

« on: September 25, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »

. . . . and read from some very nice people interested in the same ancient past time I am.  We live in a world that is becoming more cranky, more polarized and more alarming every hour, or so it seems.  The recent "alledged" moderator meltdown has left me stinging a bit.  Perhaps I have become too sensitive to unkindness in my old age.

I judge no individual, rather just what I have stumbled upon.  I did not like it . . . . I did not like it at all. I would expect that kind of flame to be found on My Space, or so I have heard.  To find it here was akin to finding a worm in my apple.  I see that the entire thread has been pulled now . . . I wish I had waited an hour to log on.  Perhaps some of her peach cobbler to subdue the bad taste in my mouth . . . . . yes, that's it . . . . peach cobbler with french vanilla ice cream.

That said, this is not my board  nor have I donated to the common cause.  It comes to me without charge so I take full responsibility for what I choose to read here.  I just hate feeling bad at days end because of a rant that could have been private.

Pleasant words are like an honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones.  Prov 16:24
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:13:47 PM »

Wow!! Would you believe that I am eating peach cobbler right now, with fresh peaches that we picked today grin grin With Vanilla and everything. Sitting out on our balcony with the wife laughing at some of the funny posts. "my wifes view of my little project"  by Johnny and "Corn Fed Venison" by Pdmox
Life is not so bad at the end of this day!!
You are right though the peach cobbler probably helps...
F

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 09:31:59 AM »

Wow I had my peach cobbler last night with French vanilla icecream now that you guy's are talking about it I think I'll have some for breakfast

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 09:05:57 PM »

I ate honey.....AGAIN!

Oh yeh,...Utah,....I put the issue in the back of my mind..This is very rare for me to be able to do......One thing I've learned about the internet is that I can really spend alot of time thinking how to put wording together when telling someone something...I've more recently learned that I have more time to think things over before I respond to stuff..And, in this instance, I wont write in public about my opinion in the matter.

your friend,
john

DennisD
House Bee

Catchin' the latest buzz

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 03:02:38 AM »

Hmm, lets see, I went to a soldier's funeral this morning, then I went home, changed clothes, went out into my back yard now turned "Bee yard" for some more weed pulling and shrub trimming and pine needle removal. I hauled out one of my camp chairs, sat down witht he garden hose to saturate the ground for dust control while my daughter ran through the water giggling. I polished off the day by putting out another camp chair for my daughter so she coudl sit next to me and watch the sun set while we gulped down iced tea. I lit up a smoke and tried to answer all of her questions regarding "What do bears eat"? and "Do coyotes bite people"? She asks the funkiest questions.

The evening has been spent nibbling on some vanilla bean ice cream whilst browsing the forums here while my cats and the dog are sitting on the sofa next to me. The cats are trying to sleep, the dog wants me to throw the ball. What nerve! He actually expects me to do something? HA!

Tomorow, I am going to ask a local beekeeper if he wants to give me a hand with that box of feral bees I've been considering bringing home. The way I figure it, that guy living up here probably knows much better than I do if such a notion merits doing so. Otherwise, I'll just wait until spring to introduce some new residents to Dennis' Inn for bees".

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next