Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 12:58:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool Obama Button I Found  (Read 5661 times)
alfred
House Bee

« on: September 21, 2008, 12:49:57 AM »

For those of you who are obama fans. Here is a link to a cool button that I found:

http://www.democraticstuff.com/Bee-Keepers-for-Obama-Photo-Button-p/bt24234.htm

Enjoy,
Alfred
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 03:13:44 AM »

Obama is just Biden his time...  grin

Sorry, that was a bad pun if I've EVER told one.
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:50:48 AM »

I chose not to talk about politics on the form because it will cause hard feeling's with some people and I want to stay friends with all here.  grin
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:17:10 AM by Irwin » Logged

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 11:03:24 AM »

I chose not to talk about politic's on the form because it will cause hard fealing with some people and I want to stay friends with all here.  grin

Come on Irwin, let's mix it up a little!!! Hey, plenty on here disagree at times, as long as things are kept civil its all good, besides the mods will only let us chew gum in class but no spit balls!!!

Nice button BTW.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 11:34:26 AM »

Come on people... biding his time... biden his time?  Get it?  Ahh I give up!
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 12:22:33 PM »

I got it twice the first time! Wink

...JP

and

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »

a beekeepers button, whats he suppose to do special for beekeepers?

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 03:42:59 PM »

a beekeepers button, whats he suppose to do special for beekeepers?

I think that his staffers just put together a bunch of buttons for darn near anything you can think of... at least that's what it appears like to me.  They might not even be part of his campaign, since they are charging for them.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 05:02:35 PM »

Yeah we got it. What did you want? A giggle-snort?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Jessaboo
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »

I was going to ask if anyone would be interested in a Bee Keepers for Obama group - but I figured since no one ever seemed to discuss politics here it was probably an "off the board" thing!

It is a nice button - I will pick one up to add to my collection!

I am a committed Obama supporter but I agree the amount of groups who have their own buttons is a bit weird! It seems the point is to reach out to folks who have similar interests to open a dialog.

As far as what he will do special for Beekeepers, if you group them with farmers, he has plans to stop the large agribiz subsidies and get support to family farms, and he wants to encourage organic and responsible farming as well as encourage a new generation of farmers to maintain their biz.

But, who knows, maybe we could get him to have a few hives in the Rose Garden? Anyone here close enough to DC to take on the responsibility?

- Jess

alfred
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 07:40:49 PM »

Well my reception here is better than the one I got on in my local group forum (Northern Colorado Beekeepers Association) . I guess that I upset a few folks. I wasn't thinking about pushing Obama, I was just excited about being able to share the beekeeping part of it.

I thought that it was a cute button promoting beekeeping as a demographic that has a voice. I would be excited if it was a Beekeepers for McCain button for the same reason (though admittedly not quite as much).

I was just having fun with my politics. so I apologize to any that I may have upset.

I do find what Jess said to be interesting. I hadn't really thought of it this way. Being still a hobbiest with only occasional crazy thoughts of 'could I make money at this? or could I make a living at this? So which candidate will really help us as a group. Or will one help the small folks while the other helps the big concerns?

Clearly economy, trade and agriculture issues and how the candidates and their parties handle them would be important to commercial beekeepers. I don't know enough about the issues involved really.

Alfred
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »

I like the button! I like Obama too but not for a president. My wife is an Obama delegate. I like McCain.
But,.....I REALY like Palin!...She's BEAUTIFUL!!
I want a button with her on it!
your friend,
john

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 09:22:35 PM »

I like the button! I like Obama too but not for a president. My wife is an Obama delegate. I like McCain.
your friend,
john

Ok, I'm going to stir the pot a bit, If McCain croaks do you really want her to be president?

...JP

and

TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 10:13:20 PM »

your friend,
john

Ok, I'm going to stir the pot a bit, If McCain croaks do you really want her to be president?

...JP

why not, she can't do any worst than any other person this country elects. out country is in the worst debt ever and growing, all jobs are about gone over sea's, unemployment rate is highest its been since 30's I think, the past 4-5 presidents have been real good (not), she might be the best thing to ever happen but like one said above, she is nice to look at   Kiss grin

POLITICIANS ARE LIKE DIAPERS, THEY SHOULD BE CHANGE FREQUENTLY AND FOR THE SAME REASON!!!

oh I sent a friend the link to the button, he said it should say NOBAMA

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 03:44:35 AM »

your friend,
john

...JP

why not, she can't do any worst than any other person this country elects. out country is in the worst debt ever and growing, all jobs are about gone over sea's, unemployment rate is highest its been since 30's I think, the past 4-5 presidents have been real good (not), she might be the best thing to ever happen but like one said above, she is nice to look at   Kiss grin

I doubt it, considering her active role in garnering tens of millions in federal funding to build a bridge (and road) that go to absolutely nothing, just to provide some temporary jobs... and the only reason she did that, is because she left the town she was mayor of, 22 million in debt, after having taken office with a surplus, and this is a little town of about 6,000 residents.  How are they going to pay 22 million?  Guess it's not her problem anymore.

That sounds like more GWB economics that have brought this country from a balanced budget, to being on the verge of total economic collapse in the last 8 years.  I'm just not sure this country can survive another term with those policies.  I KNOW we won't be able to maintain our status as a world economic leader if we do.  No matter who get's elected though, we're going to be in for hard times ahead, simply because of the mess that's been created already, that hasn't yet caught up with us. 
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 06:38:25 AM »

your friend,
john

...JP

I doubt it, considering her active role in garnering tens of millions in federal funding to build a bridge (and road) that go to absolutely nothing, just to provide some temporary jobs... and the only reason she did that, is because she left the town she was mayor of, 22 million in debt, after having taken office with a surplus, and this is a little town of about 6,000 residents.  How are they going to pay 22 million?  Guess it's not her problem anymore.

That sounds like more GWB economics that have brought this country from a balanced budget, to being on the verge of total economic collapse in the last 8 years.  I'm just not sure this country can survive another term with those policies.  I KNOW we won't be able to maintain our status as a world economic leader if we do.  No matter who get's elected though, we're going to be in for hard times ahead, simply because of the mess that's been created already, that hasn't yet caught up with us. 
All spending bills get written in the House of Representatives,approved by the Senate then to the Presidents desk.
The President draft no laws,no spending bills. See who shares this blame?
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 07:01:00 AM »

Let's not leave out the whinny citizens that want the government to do everything for them.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 07:02:17 AM »

pretty funny when people say "do you really want palin?"  why not.  she has more experience than obama, and more common sense.  as my mom used to say...you are known by the company you keep!

obama seems like a nice guy, but president?  i think not.  

change?  if i go home and my house has burned down, thats change.  probably not the kind i want.

grin  i am in fort worth!  next stop??

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 07:50:51 AM »

And another thing. It is this two party system that is a big part of the problem. A lot of people don't vote on the issues, they vote the party they have aligned themselves with. But now this year there is a problem. On the one side there are a lot of prejudice people wringing their hands wondering if they should jump to the other side or vote for the dark pigmented guy. And then the other side wonders if they should vote for this guy that might croak in office and we are then stuck with the woman. Oh dear what should we do? 

Jerry

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 10:08:50 AM »

That one is nice, but shucks, I didn't find a button with my vocation on it!

"Waffle-makers for Obama"!!!

I'll keep my eye out for one... tongue grin

Rick
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next