Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 08:52:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Algebra Homework  (Read 4018 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 02:48:20 PM »

Ive been working on that one -how did you come by those figures- cheesy RDY-B

It seemed to me to be the only suitable pattern left over. But I couldn't create a proof to confirm it. So it's not certain.

None of the lines are consecutive 1,2,3,4, ....
It is not grouped as odds and evens
None of them appear to have a + - x / sequence or similar total.
They didn't fit as Fibonacci numbers
The clue meant that 5 was in the sequence.
However 5 cannot be the last digit, unless you 1,2,3,4,5 which is a direct sequence. Eliminated in step one.
The line below contains 1,2,4, Since the pattern show no duplicates in a three digit combo going down. I went with what would be next. 1,3,4
The next number would have to be 5 to complete the clue.
4,5,6 was also in the line below so 7 seemed appropriate.

It's not a proof. It's a bad guess. But I figured what the heck.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 03:55:18 PM »

There is to many things that Algebra teaches a few problems would not be able to teach you everything.

Maybe a  few thousand.
You could probly try searching on google for problems though.

try purplemath on the internet

http://www.purplemath.com/

got me thru college algebra

Keith
rdy-b
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 01:59:38 AM »

3-6
1-3-4-5-7
1-3-4-6-7
2-3-4-6
_  _  _  _  _  <1-2-4-5-7
1-2-4-5-6-7
1-3-6
and i will cary it further
2-5-7
2-5     
keeping in acceding order -now we have 5 of each number 1 thru 7
you will notice it took 35 spaces to accomplish this -and you can take note that 5x7=35
thats my roll and i am sticking to it   cheesy  cool RDY-B

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 05:25:07 AM »

I said my last post would be my last post, but I can't bear to see you suffering with this.  Neither one of you are correct, but both of you are SO close.

The correct answer is 1 & 2 & 4 & 6 & 7

Each number represents a bar on an LCD display, and each line represents the bars that have to be lit up to create the numbers 1-9.  So the top horizontal bar is represented by 1, the middle horizontal bar is 4, and the bottom horizontal bar is 7... then the top left vertical bar is 2, the top right vertical bar is 3, the bottom left vertical bar is 5 and the bottom right vertical bar is 6.  Five was the clue because 5 is also the number that we're trying to light up on the LCD display.  To light it up, we need the top horizontal bar (1), the top left bar (2), the middle bar (4), the bottom right bar (6) and the bottom bar (7).

There is a mathematical way to arrive at the same sequence, but this is far easier to explain.  So... there you have it.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 07:17:31 AM »

You guys are making my head hurt  tongue

Algebra has always been my downfall.  Geometry, good, algebra, bad!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 07:28:37 AM »

I said my last post would be my last post, but I can't bear to see you suffering with this.  Neither one of you are correct, but both of you are SO close.

Each number represents a bar on an LCD display, and each line represents the bars that have to be lit up to create the numbers 1-9.  So the top horizontal bar is represented by 1, the middle horizontal bar is 4, and the bottom horizontal bar is 7... then the top left vertical bar is 2, the top right vertical bar is 3, the bottom left vertical bar is 5 and the bottom right vertical bar is 6.  Five was the clue because 5 is also the number that we're trying to light up on the LCD display.  To light it up, we need the top horizontal bar (1), the top left bar (2), the middle bar (4), the bottom right bar (6) and the bottom bar (7).
There is a mathematical way to arrive at the same sequence, but this is far easier to explain.  So... there you have it.

-a-
|   |
f   b
|   |
 -g-
|   |
e   c
|   |
 -d-

A node problem, I should shake my head in shame for not recognizing that one. It is in basic electronics on dealing with seven segment displays.

The formula used is knows as Karnaugh map. However it is not a simple formula. Boolean expressions can be a pain. But they sure can be useful.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

PS. I also just realized another thing. You are off on your identification. It should have been.
2,3           =1
1,2,4,5,7   =2
1,2,3,4,7   =3
2,3,6,7      =4
1,3,4,6,7   =5

The formula would have worked for the way you set it up but but electronics on seven segments displays set up 1(a) as the top bar. 7(g) is the middle bar

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 07:32:56 AM »

-a-
|   |
f   b
|   |
 -g-
|   |
e   c
|   |
 -d-

A node problem, I should shake my head in shame for not recognizing that one. It is in basic electronics on dealing with seven segment displays.

The formula used is knows as Karnaugh map. However it is not a simple formula. Boolean expressions can be a pain. But they sure can be useful.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

That is just nerdilicious!

...JP Wink

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 09:10:17 AM »

My head does hurt after reading all this. I never did well with that stuff either. Hey JP is that even a word? Got a chuckle and a smile out that.  grin 

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 10:47:46 AM »

I might just have to buy a gun so I can shoot the computer screen after this thread.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
rdy-b
Super Bee

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 01:41:18 PM »

Electronics  huh think i will sick to bees dont need to count past ten - cool RDY-B
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 02:56:03 PM »

I might just have to buy a gun so I can shoot the computer screen after this thread.

You can use one of mine!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next