I made up some fondant today. When I checked on the girls yesterday, I saw lots of bees. I didn't check for stores, not wanting to disturb them much. But I figure if they're in the top super, they may be consuming the last of their stores. So I boiled up some water and sugar, and poured it into wax-paper lined panes, and the girls will get it to use or not, as needed.
One interesting thing: there was no moisture at all on the inner or outer cover yesterday, but I did see some today on the telescoping cover, just outside the cut out I made for them on the inner cover. Funny to think of the bees exhaling moisture, just as we do.