Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 28, 2014, 11:31:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ike??  (Read 6701 times)
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2008, 01:35:13 AM »

Oh shut-up JP....

You're one of the people they are calling stupid....

Its your choice to live 600 feet below sea level, you if house floods and your dog floats away its your own stupid fault!  rolleyes

In fact, you are probably living there to gain some fame by being a statistic.  tongue

[I'm not feeling the love!!!]
I do give you points for at least 'trying' to feel love.  grin

First off I don't live 600' below sea level, maybe 599' but 600', come on!!!

Secondly, when my fat a$$ sees a huge friggin' hurricane on satelite taking up just about the entire gulf of Mexico, I'm the one who left two buses ago 2 days before yesterday!

And my dogs are coming with me!!!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
NWIN Beekeeper
Professional Beekeeper
House Bee

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2008, 01:42:46 AM »

[...there are stupid people close at hand, but he's not one of them.]

I gotta love your fire!!

I don't think you're stupid either.
Truce sister?

[i have read enough of your posts to know that you often over-react to what is said. ]

Hey I have passion for what I do and what I believe.
...and I'm impressed that you read my posts!
(I thought John had a filter on...humm...)

[...you often over-react ]

Well, you have yourself a sunshiny, wind blowing in your hair, awesome day too.

There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2008, 03:29:10 AM »

NWIN, I am sorry for your loss.

The father and son in ditch were the two legitimate deaths from that state that they were blaming on the storm... the other 5 deaths they didn't give enough details to make a determination on what caused their deaths.  For all we know, they died of cancer... or committed suicide.  My point is that you can't blame some of those deaths on hurricane Ike.  There has to be some personal accountability for grabbing the hot leads on a running generator. rolleyes   It isn't always the case... but sometimes, just sometimes, what happens to us, is our own fault. 

Regardless, tens of thousands of people die each year from auto accidents... yet Ike has gotten more news time than all the accidents around the country put together, and it's somehow a bigger disaster than all those car wrecks... in fact, they are just no big deal to the news.  If those tens of thousands of deaths are no big deal, why are roughly 40 deaths so horrible? 

Either way though, I'm a christian, and I don't think death is nearly as big a deal as we make it out to be.  There is an afterlife, so dieing is not much different than walking out of the living room... though a one-way door... and into the kitchen.  Those of us still in the living room may not be able to see the people in the kitchen anymore, but they certainly didn't cease to exist just because they are there and not here; and just because we can't see them anymore, doesn't mean that anything terrible has happened to them.

You're right though, I am incredible.  grin 

PS - I doubt you would take death too seriously either, had you learned it was me, and not your personal aquaintances that had died.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2008, 03:41:57 AM »

You're one of the people they are calling stupid....

no he isn't.  i have no doubt that there are stupid people close at hand, but he's not one of them.

That's right, I am still close at hand, aren't I?   grin  Believe me, I know I will be one of those deaths that people who hear how I died will say "what a dumbass"... my wife might even say it.   grin  When my number is up... oh well, what do I care if people think me an idiot for finding some bizzare stupid way to die?  Ultimately it's God's decision on when to take my life anyway... the only part that's up to me is where I am and what I'm doing at the time, and since I don't know when the time will be, I'm not too worried about that either.

No, JP's not one of those I was calling stupid... the guy who electrocuted himself working on the generator is the specific one I was targeting that comment toward... there are only a limited number of ways to electrocute onesself working on a generator, and none of them are very bright.  But there's absolutely nothing wrong with living down below sea level there on the gulf... so long as you make it a point to either not be home durring hurricanes... or live in a house that can sustain them (I understand there are now homes that are built to float on storm surge and can sustain upwards of 150mph winds with flying debris... or so I've seen on some TLC shows... not sure how frequently they are being built). 
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2008, 06:07:25 PM »

Ok, Lets lighten up a little you guys!
 Speaking of electricity.....
 Did I ever tell you guys about when i touched my tongue to an electric train track? (N gauge)...My train wouldnt run....so, at first I touched it with my finger after licking it.....No current..... Then, I decided to do what i do to check 9 volt batteries...I touched my tongue to it....... shocked shocked
 Yeh, there was POWER!!!!..Gosh dang!!!!,...I think my teeth about blew out of my mouth!!!...And it made all the power go out in the whole apartment building!!!!..40 units!!!!
 I cant believe it didnt kill me!
.....The train did work though after the power came back on!!

your friend,
john

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next