Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 09:41:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Sean, How is that storm affecting you  (Read 1873 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: August 28, 2008, 08:11:32 AM »

Sean,

It looks like Gustav is giving the island a pounding. Give an update when you can.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:57:01 AM »

No word yet, hope things are all good with Sean, maybe the cyberspace is gone for now.  Beautiful day, beautiful life, beautiful.   Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:47:10 AM »

As of my last communication with Sean all was OK. He and his hives survived the brutal hurricane Gustav. He stated that the hives still had some food stores and were doing good. I do remember looking at the storm on the weather channel when it was hitting him and thought that things could not be good for him. I'm glad that all is OK.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 12:05:57 AM »

Dallas, so glad that you have kept in touch, yeah for Sean, we all worry about the lives of others now don't we.  I remember another horrible storm that Sean had gone through some time ago, it was a nasty.  Beautiful day, beautiful life, all that is beautiful, ours to hold in the palm of our hand.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
sean
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 08:51:57 PM »

Hi everybody I am ok thanks for asking. Thankfully, although the wind and rain were worse than anticipated it didnt cause any damage. The girsl came out ok, there is still food available. I have lost some honey due the girls not being able to go out for acouple days so that set back my extraction plans but what to do.

I havent finished reading the threads regarding jp but i trust he and family are ok. Prayers and best wishes to all who stand to be/were affected by gustav, Hanna, Ike and whichever system may form for the rest of the season
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:52:10 PM »

Now he has Ike to deal with.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
sean
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 10:21:15 PM »

Had no problems with ike, Just a littl rain. Pulled off about 7 supers of honey. Had to leave them as they were really getting riled up. there was a little less food than i anticipated hence the aggressive behavior.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 10:57:11 PM »

I've had my fill of tropical systems for a while thank you!!!  Good to see you're doing well Sean!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
sean
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 10:12:40 AM »

lets keep our fingers crossed that the rest of the year will be uneventual
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 10:26:56 AM »

sean, we were wondering how you were.  glad to hear you came through ok.  my husband always asks "how's that guy in Jamaica doing??"  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:31:18 AM »

Kathyp,

Are they sending you to Texas?

Sincerely,
Brendhan

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »

i think so, or LA.  i can't leave until the 21st.  company.  should have been gone a couple of weeks ago smiley.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 10:11:58 AM »

Kathy, oh you are such a wonderful person, I have said this before and I say it again, where would this world be without people like you?  I ask that in all seriousness, smilining.  Now we will call you the travellin' gal....as Brendhan is the travellin' man.  Beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi

sean
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 03:40:16 PM »

sean, we were wondering how you were.  glad to hear you came through ok.  my husband always asks "how's that guy in Jamaica doing??"  smiley

"We a gwaan tru" - "we are still going on/through" thanks for asking. Rain most afternoons nd not much blooming but the girls are finding some food somewhere. got about 17 gallons from 7 supers pulled over the weekend, so i am busy doing some bottling. 
I am glad to know that most beekeepers on the forum in the path of these storms weren't seriously affected
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next