Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 02, 2014, 01:16:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bees in tree  (Read 1052 times)
rayb
House Bee

« on: September 03, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »

This large healthy tree is beside a town pedestrian walkway and the entrance is ten feet off of the ground. IMO it poses no threat other than the anxiety to passers by.

Should the town want it removed (rather than them  spraying it) what would you suggest. Cutting the tree is not an option.  I've done the one way trap outs and know it takes time and may not get the queen.

If no one knew about it I'd just let them be.

[img=http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3746/dsc01559ed0.jpg]
[img=http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/dsc01559ed0.jpg/1/w640.png]
rayb
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 12:26:10 PM »

This large healthy tree is beside a town pedestrian walkway and the entrance is ten feet off of the ground. IMO it poses no threat other than the anxiety to passers by.

Should the town want it removed (rather than them  spraying it) what would you suggest. Cutting the tree is not an option.  I've done the one way trap outs and know it takes time and may not get the queen.

If no one knew about it I'd just let them be
Zane
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 01:20:18 PM »

A trap out is the best way to go but unless you have another hive to put them in I'd try to wait until next spring. They wont have time to get ready for winter this late in the cold where you live! Tha trapout may be a problem being so obvious in the park too. Kids may want to mess w/ it causing issues! If you dont have any hives maybee you can find a local w/ some beehives and possibly he could take them and put them to use? Good luck and thanks for trying to keep them alive!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next