Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 09:53:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOOKY AT WHAT I FOUND!!!  (Read 2067 times)
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« on: August 30, 2008, 01:17:14 PM »

LOOK at THIS!!
 I found it this morning!
 Its a concession stand!
 It needs some work. I think it tipped over at some time and the roof is off center and the metal frame on the top quarter is bent, but it wont take much to even fix it to be in its original form.
 But,....Janelle wants me to make a "Vardo"( Gypsy wagon)..Shes on the web right now looking at pics...I think I can do this!
 One thing though that has me concerned...When I was pulling it home, it would rock from left to right sometimes, Janelle says that even the right side tire would even come off the ground...I was doing 30 MPH....What do you think?...Is it because of the tires? Do you think maybe that the tires are car tires? Do you think that if I got trailer tires it would make the tires less spongy and keep it from rocking?
http://picasaweb.google.com/Johnnybigfish/NewWagon

Your friend,
john

Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 01:24:31 PM »

Yea, that is great looking. I am soooo jealous. That will be a fun project for sure. As for the tires and such, I think that I would keep that baby below 30 anyway, but some good tires will help, but with the single axle and short box, you are going to sway for sure, especially when you are decelerating. That is the dangerous spot. You could consider a trailer stabilizer if you want to spend the money and are going to be pulling it much. $160 bucks or so for the stabilizer. Any RV-trailer supply place will have them.
F

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 02:50:20 PM »

Check to make sure the tires are the exact same size. That they have plenty of air. And you can measure from the far outside of  the hubs to the center of the tongue to make sure the axials are centered. Those are the main things that make trailers sway.

Then I think you need 70% of the length on the front of the trailer (center of axial to tongue) and 30% on the back. 

But I don't think that one was designed to go very fast.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:02:05 PM by Jerrymac » Logged

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 02:56:59 PM »

Like flying a barn through a tornado!!
Good find John. If the trailer is heavy,definitely make sure you have a LT tire at the minimum.
 Good luck and keep us posted on your new adventure.
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 11:37:52 PM »

That is sooo cute!  Janelle is a character for sure, she is beautiful! That would be a fun project, I wouldn't take it anywheres though, just move it around the property.  Would make a neat playhouse/sleepover place for kids! Or a honey stand!!!!  Keep us posted on the progress!  Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 12:38:01 AM »

Looks like a fireworks stand to me.
rast
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »

John, show this to your wife, tell here she could sell honey on one side and keep bees on the other. evil grin
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,17478.msg128371.html#msg128371

Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »

The first thought that came to my head was That I only put a can of fixaflat in the tires(1 in each tire). They werent flat all the way when I got it but they were definitely too flat to roll home!..So, I bet the tire pressuer will make a world of difference too.
 It doesnt sway, really.....It ROCKS!....As if somebody on the outside was pushing on it trying to tip it over.
 I looked at the web for concession stands and they are(at least the smaller ones, like mine) all built pretty much like mine as far as the axles, height, and width go.
 I'm gonna try to cut the top half off and make it where it can come down over the bottom too make it less top heavy...
 I'm kinda torn between restoring it or making the vardo. If I sold honey from it I wouldnt have to pull it far. And if I lower it and make it less top heavy It will probably pull better. I could sell fishing lures from it too! Janelle could use it as a portable portrait studio.
Ok,...Check and grease bearings....New tires.....New jack stands.....Thats a start!

yeh, Sarge!..It does look like a fireworks stand too!
Rast, I saw this right after I brought the wagon home and thought that there was a resemblance!

your friend,
john

Bee-Bop
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 12:46:06 PM »

Check the springs for a broken or weak leaf spring!
Also if it has shocks, a bad/weak one will cause it to rock badly.

Check particuarly the side that had the weight of the Ice Cream Freezer.

Hey, just had one of my dumb ideas, also sell ice cream covered with Honey !
I'll take 2 large ones, Thank You

Bee-Bop

" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 01:25:11 PM »

Thats funny!
 I always put honey on my ice cream!..It makes it chewy!!

your friend,
john

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 08:31:23 PM »

UPDATE!

Awww man,....I think I got a pc of junk...It doesnt have a real axle and one wheel is kinda crooked...No leaf springs...no shocks.... Cry

BUT NOT TO WORRY!

I dragged this thing home and I'm gonna make it do good!
 Paul has an axle, and its wider than the wheels are now. The only thing with Paul is, is that EVERYTHING he makes with metal weighs a TON!..And he only builds things with metal! He made a jeep rack awhile back and it was to heavy to put on the top of his jeep grin
ok,...I gotta think.....

your friend,
john

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 12:36:30 AM »

If it rocks back and forth at any speed do one or more of the following:  Enlarge tire size, increase axle width, lengthen tongue, or make stand telescopic.   

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next