Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 21, 2014, 04:12:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: still hanging out  (Read 881 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: September 30, 2008, 10:53:37 PM »

in TX.  working in san leon.  pretty bad stuff down here. have not made it to galvaston, but may have a free day later in the week and will try to get in there.  many red cross in already, but until my current job ends, i'll be right here.

hubby is feeding bees and doing his usual great job of keeping things together. 

just thought i'd write a quick update.....off to bed.  i am in a staff shelter and the lights go out at 10...then the snoring starts!!!  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 06:16:17 PM »

Good to hear from you Kathy grin Hope I never need your help.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:35:03 PM »

Kathy,
Good to hear you are safe and still doing what you do. Is it totally wiped out down there? Just wondering how much rebuilding is going to have to take place? One of the companies that I work with is trying to get me to run down there and take a look. www.durisolbuild.com. They want me to run down there and set up a few groups to rebuild using this stuff. The product is a dream come true for withstanding hurricanes and such. But is there that much that needs rebuilt down there??
F

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 08:02:46 PM »

Good to hear you are ok. They are so lucky that there are giving like you willing to do what needs to be done.  Bless you for even putting up with snoring! tongue
J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 10:15:04 PM »

lots of need.  most of galveston is wiped out and much of the coast line around on the mainland.  water came way up and did lots of damage.  more damage than the wind.  don't know the ins and outs of rebuilding, but folk will either have to rebuild, or move.

i have not taken as many pictures as i should have, but i have just been to busy.  tomorow is a day off and after i go the the space center in huston, i'll go get pics if i have time.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next