Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 09:06:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beemaster in head-on with tree, I went unconscious while driving home Tuesday  (Read 7231 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 07:40:18 PM »

Good luck and get well soon!!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 10:06:13 AM »

John, we will all be wishing the best of the best for you, our thoughts are with ya, you know that!!!  Beautiful.  And the most thing that you worry about, is that you might hurt someone else, should something like this ever happen again.  That goes to shine through the kind of man you are, you think of others before yourself, I take my hat off to you!!!  Take care, you will be all well and whole again, with a beautiful and new you.  Have the most wonderful day, taking the most care of yourself that you possibly can.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 03:46:47 AM »

Hope to hear the 'all went well' from you today.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 10:58:43 AM »

ALL IS GOING WELL - BEEMASTER IS HOME AND JUST RELAXING IT OUT!

Hi Everyone:

Tuesdaywas a long day with great outcomes, I'm happy to say that according to the results of the Cataterization, I found that my Arteries and blood flow is very good "The doctor said he wished he had my heart" and that it has the function of a 25 year old!

They found NO BLOCKAGE contrary to the Stress Test and ECG done, but as explained by the cardiologist Insurance companies work from the CHEAPEST test to the most expensive (rather than starting with the test that would show a proble or dismiss it) so the accuracy of the tests get better as we work our way up the expensive testing ladder. He isn''t sure why a blockage showed up, but a series of things leads me to think the blockage moved on safely belfor the Cath. test.

1) my BP had lowered and remained low during the stay at Deborah, there was no sign of raised pressure - although I had been on a BP reducing drug (Toprol) for nearly 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
2)Both doctors claim my arteries are some of the largest and healthiest they've seen.
3) The doctor can not rule out the possibility of a murmur causing me to faint while driving.

I will be getting the results from the Neurologist today (if he don't call, I will) to see what brain issues may be showing up. I know he said the Lymes Mennengitis I went through will show as a stroke on the MRI and electrical activity from the EEG should varify any change in signals in that area.

So, I still don't know why I passed out driving, but the Neurologist said that 1 out of 3 people who faint for no reason NEVER find out why no matter how much is spent on testing.

With any luck, I will be back to work the Monday after next (or there abouts) but still waiting on the Neurology reports - I am hoping nothing extraordinary shows up there, but I'm thinking I may never know WHY I went unconscious, that alone is scary because it seems that it could happen again without warning and I am scared to death of that looming over my head EACH TIME I get behind the wheel.

But I'm doing grea, feeling very good and I hope I'm around a long long time to share this trip around the Solar System we share together. Thanks for thinking of me, it is comforting to have friends here and in such great number - the power of possitive thinking and prayer are never discounted in my mind, thank you all and if/when anything new comes about - I promise to write!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2008, 05:27:19 PM »

Yayyy for you, John!
 Yeh, I suppose the worst part is not knowing why it happened and then wondering all the time, "Is it gonna happen tonite?" or "I feel different, am I gonna have an episode?" or, "I better not go out of town...what if it happens while Im not at home?"
 Thats how it is with me and my A-fib that I've mentioned before. I bet its that way with anybody who goes thru a similar event as you've had. Are you looking all through the internet yet about everything you can find on what may have happened to you?...You know,
"Self diagnosing"? Smiley...I do it all the time Wink
 Well, it sounds like you're doing good!
 I dont like getting older every year. I turn 51 next month and in the last few years I've been thinking about whats left for me to do before I check out. Coming here is good therapy though!! grin..I mean LOOK at all the old people in here!!!!..You and me are still middle aged!!!
 Ok,....Gotta go take my meds and wash it down with a glass of metamucil!

your friend,
john

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2008, 11:34:35 PM »

Mighty good news there John, keep on truckin'!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2008, 12:13:01 AM »

Good news John and I am happy for you. Now get back to your new home and start decorating.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2008, 05:12:51 AM »

John, I'm glad it went well for you, but at the same time, a little disappointed that they weren't able to pinpoint the issue to correct it.

Anyway, now that you're recovering, let me just be the first to say, that you were thinking a little too much like a bee when you tried to pollinate that tree.   grin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2008, 09:41:02 AM »

Ok,....Gotta go take my meds and wash it down with a glass of metamucil!

grin

glad you are doing ok, john.  keep us posted.  try not to worry about stuff to much.  that just brings on more problems!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2008, 09:47:36 AM »

John, beauty, all is and will be well.  As said, you may never know what caused that blackout and it may never occur again.  You must not let the worry that it may happen again deter you from carrying on fully with life, as you do.  Ya, ya, I know, easy to say, and it is, hee, hee.  I am not in your shoes, so yep, yep, easy to say.  Anyways, so happy to hear that you are as healthy as the doctors indicate, and the size of your arteries!!!!  Yeah!!!  Now that should make ya really ding dang happy for sure.  Thank you for taking the time to tell your forum friends of all the stuff concerning your accident, that is a wonderful thing.  Have the most awesome of these days, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »

Hi Gang:

Thanks for the newest kind words, I'm hoping to get a bit more involved in the forum - honestly lately the mods have held our masts high and kept the wind to our back without me. I enjoy making executive decisions, but it is something that I only do if/when the mods request additional input. In general, nothing much new comes up that they haven't dealt with and when it becomes necessary for the "Big-Guy" to lash out with his epic letters, etc., they ask for input, but generally our crackpot (think that's the term-lol) of mods have all the power to make things right and do a great job, so I've never felt like I've been away, just not at the keyboard as much.

True Srg and Cindi, we may never know - but I called the Neurologist this morning, asking if/when I will hear from him - it was 8 days ago I had the EEG done and this past Monday the MRI of my brain was taken. They have the MRI report, but his assistant said it often take two weeks to diagnose the EEG (I guess 27 leads time an hour of info) so it may still be early on the results from that - either way, she said he will call today to update me on what he can.

So, meanwhile, I got the okay to start regular around the house stuff and will be mowing the grass POSSIBLY for the last time this season (cold weather is surely coming - it was 51 last night out and only 62 here at 1am) grass will be in the slowdown mode very soon.

So, I'm doing well - hoping everyone here is doing great and I really hope to spend more time at the keyboard. I got a pm asking for one of my long winded editorial like writings, I guess at least one member misses my prolific writings = lollol.

I'll be in touch, I need to update the TRADING POST A BIT - seems we might have a conflict that I hope to prevent. We need it to stay trading and bartering NOT a sales page for peoples products or an ad for their website stores. It isn't going to happen.

Lately (and I didn't think I'd share this, but I think you all know where I'm coming from and you should know this) I was offered a generous sum of money for Beemaster.com - statistically it is a great example of how forums should be ran and placement wise, it ranks at or near the tops of major search engines, these are the things that forum buyers are looking for and we got their attention. I even checked out the links provided for other forums held by the offerer and of course they were laden with commercials for products both near and unrelated to the topic - this kind of thing will never happen here. I want you to always feel free to be here in the forums WITHOUT dealing with any ads of any kind, that will be my promise to you, even when YEARS from now, there is another members in the bosses seat here at Beemaster.

I may though be offering teeshirts on the beemaster.com home page someday, this was the main feedback from the poll taken about a year ago here - members would love to have a Beemaster Shirt and who am I to disagree, but it will NEVER be in the beekeeping Learning Section (my 80 page course) or in the forums, never - only on my homepage which covers many other topics from travel to cooking, to family stories, to great links, etc. Having them there keeps the advertising of a product down to a service to our members and anyone who finds the idea of a beemaster shirt interesting. I have 3 wonderful ideas for shirts and one in particular I STRONGLY believe in the logo I have come up with. It puts the power of the shirts message in your hands and tells the world that ANYONE willing to raise bees as a hobby or venture has power over their beeyard and they are all indeed beemasters, even in their own enviroment.

We need to let the world know that beekeeping is NOT a dying art like Ham Radio, in Ham they have changed the rules (if only some) to make it more appealing to younger people to keep the hobby alive. In beekeeping, we really don't have that option, bees are the real issue, their social creature mindset makes them almost as predictable as the rising and setting of the sun. So it is us who must understand them, and bend when they need to bend and work within the narrow confinds of their social thinking - that makes us all beemasters, because we strive to know our bees and we make decisions which inevitably create the enviroment that either saves or hurts the creatures we all care so much about. Each of us, whether one hive or 10 thousand have great responcibility and I think it is important that each of us remember that and more importantly, share that thinking with anyone who shows the slightest interest in our hobby.

I'll add just a thought here: I have mentioned before this time that when you go to other forums and are argumentitive or bashing of other members, it is something that follows you here. It is NOT the Bush Doctrine in any way, it is simply a fact that if you find it comfortable bad mouthing other members elsewhere, it may be just a matter of time before it happens here - even if it don't, bad actions are like flys on a pooh pile, we don't need flys or pooh dragged in here, even if they behave.

The above comment has NOTHING to do with the trading post issue - it is just a thought that came up just now. But we are doing great in the BEING FRIENDLY TO OUR COMEMBER  DEPARTMENT - something that is nearly always the cse here, I just need everyone to know that you are honeybee diplomats here and elsewhere, each post is a thought from you that helps us carve an image of who you are and you cannot put on different masks as you hop from forum to forum, see the good you here does not excuse that you are a mean and hurtful person elsewhere. Does our belief that you should be respectful of all others, even beyond the forum push the limits of our role as mods?, well I don't think it does if you know that your actitions could cost you membership here, it may even help you be a better member elsewhere. If you believe that when we get a post you have written trashing someone, whether a member here or elsewhere, I believe it says a lot about your character and it must not be ignored, for the safty of our members and most importantly for the younger members whos first exposure to forums may be right here. We are not raising your children, we are though protecting them within the limits of what we can do here.

Lastly, there is no watchdog group scouring the net to find any screwups anyone has made, but sometimes we receive pms and emails complaining and adding links to posts about members here that are sometime beyond rude, they can be vile and shocking and often down-right scary. It would be lax of us to do nothing I believe, not when we swear to protect you from an administrative point of view to the best of our ability.

So, some of you wanted a long post - hope this qualifies, I'm getting pooped writing it - lol. Rest assured, this isn't 1984, we believe in your right to say what you want at all times, but not at the risk of hurting others or with unnecessary language that brings nothing to your point of view. These actions are so seemless that I likely could have never mentioned it and you would not have noticed anything out of the ordinary, but I'm not for keeping our members in the dark - you have came here and entrusted us to build a safe haven for anyone interested in this fantastic hobby, we value that trust and do everything we can to make your experience here the best part of your surfing day. If that happens, then we have done our jobs well.

I'll move MOST of this to a new topic soon, because it should be where it can be read up front, not on page 4 of a non-related post. But since I had your intention (and none of this was aimed at anyone here) it was just something that has come up and as we change or ammend rules, it's nice to share them with the regular members, they have been here a long time and I hope they see that rule changes occur usually when you come to a new fork in the road. For a very long time it has been a straight road with few speedbumps, it should always be that way, but forums in general have interesting occurances that often lead to new rules or changes in existing ones, it is a learning process and every day we all learn new things.

LASTLY ( I SWEAR ) I was able to find a really good "Learn to Speak Spannish" audiobook course, very involved and using a new style emmerge technique that doesn't allow writing or phonetics or pictures, it is all done listening, repeating and most importantly trying to phrase sentences from situations brought up in the course. I have always wanted to learn Spannish and I think this will give me something to do over this Winter, and I can finally watch that LAURA (Telemundo's Jerry Springer show) and follow along. With 3 TV channels in Spannish here, I should be able to emmerse myself well as I make it through the audiobooks!!!!

That's it, a lot said and about an hour at the keyboard. Hope it didn't drag on and on, I just needed to get into the swing of a long reply again, it has been a while. Best wishes and I'll keep you all updated as infor comes in. Peace.

Follow us on TWITTER

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2008, 12:32:59 PM »

Try a website called "livemocha.com" and you can actually speak to people in their native language. It's free also.Someone just turned me on to this and I am going to try it this winter also.  I also want to learn Spanish.

Wow John I really appreciate your integrity in not selling out to the big guys and making us put up with stupid ads. I think almost anyone would be tempted by a good offer.

I appreciate all you do for us and this forum shines brightly because of how carefully you tend to it.

Thanks so much for caring
Annette
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2008, 01:04:24 PM »

Just to mirror what Annette said, THANK YOU for not selling out, we do have a special thing going here and we have YOU John to thank, also I would like to say thanks to all of our mods for their hard work.

Thanks for the audio cassette spanish mention and also to you Annette for the livemocha link (which I will check out).

I have schooling in spanish but like any language you are trying to learn unless you are around those speaking it its difficult to "get it". Even though my vocabulary is strong, I'm just not around spanish speaking people enough to really understand the ins and outs.

Perhaps another section or post on learning spanish would be much appreciated on my end.

Glad you are doing well John, perhaps it was the aliens after all??

...JP Wink

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2008, 04:32:55 PM »

Ham radio isn't dieing John!  It's alive and well............. oh wait..........  I guess I did sell my HF Rig to buy a new Fly Rod + Reel....   rolleyes

I'm very glad you're doing well!  You had me really worried, you were in our prayers to get better.  Sucks about your car too!  Stay away from leases unless you like throwing away money.

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2008, 04:35:41 PM »

Same Day Update:

Just got a call from the Neurologist who said I have SEVERAL abmormalities in the EEG findings, nothing he says should warrent anything other than medications BUT I need to have a 24 hour Ambulatory EEG (27 leads stuck to my head, then bandaged in a full wrapping) in 2 weks to see if the sleeping findings match the waking findings.

He stated that it could very well related to the Lymes Mennengitis I had in 2001 and also explain the severe headaches I get frequently - it is important to mention that the Brain MRI came back FINE and anything that he will now test is ELECTRICAL in NATURE. This won't be done until Oct 2,3 so it looks like I have another minimal 2 weeks out of work - lordy I'm burning the sick leave. I aplied for workman's comp but it is almost impossible by the rules of comp that it will pay for any of my lost time. Lucky I have enough sick and vacation to cover a long stay out.

So, if so brain-fart or something may explain fainting while at the wheel and medications could reduce or eliminate that issue and possibly tackle headaches then I think I'm a lucky guy. I'll be posting more of course, but for now, I don't see anything else ahead until 2 weeks from now.

Thanks Annette and JP - your kindness and Spanish insight is appriciated Smiley

P.S. Sean:

I knew you'd reply - I would have bet a pay check. I hope it isn't dying either, I shuld have said OLD SCHOOL HAM RADIO is the real dying art, how many model 19 RTTY machines you think are still in use? How many CW hams are out there ACTUALLYfisting and listening and not using the PC to do the work? I don't think ham will ever die, it is evolving like TV and the forced digital conversion, it is still TV but not our parents or grandparents TV, no harm intended and remember I've been licensed since 72 or so, I can tell you from many decades of active and about 1 decade of slack that it is changing, it is MORE technical than ever, testing has grown from a more propagational and antenna theory field to a spec sheet hobby. If you can't tear down a schematic, but you can spout off the radio theory of each band, chances are you will not go far in the licensing, it was NOT that way in the earlier years. Just my opinion Smiley

Thanks for the thoughts Sean, that is what is important - prayer and conscious thought drives our universe, I believe it has great power and being in the prayers of so many is a positive action that does make a difference.

Follow us on TWITTER

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »

John, oh you have delighted your audience with one of your beautiful and long posts, you go John!!!!  You are healing, that is good, you will be well.  Just wait until you mow your lawn, hopefully for the last time.  Then, the great, long day so of the winter hibernation will come your way, you will heal more, and of course, we all know now that you will become fluent in Spanish, go, John, go!!!

Now back to your comments about our forum.  This is a place that is the most secure place to be, yes, no ads, no bish bashing among members, safe, friendly, how many more adjectives could I use to describe how I feel when I come to my place in time, with my forum friends.  I know that money cannot buy love.  I know that you will not sell your forum, it is a place that you have created that is full of love.....that is clear to see and feel.  You have (and so many others that make our little forum world go 'round) created this place the is priceless and timeless.  I take my hat off to you all.  Thank you for being you, thank you for being us.  Have the most wonderful and beautiful day, we are all lovin' and livin' this great life we all live, love and share.  Cindi

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next