Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 06:43:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beemaster in head-on with tree, I went unconscious while driving home Tuesday  (Read 7205 times)
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 04:17:20 PM »

Dang John hate to hear that but glad to hear your OK!!!!!! man just read this post and couldn't believe it, I am just really happy you OK man, now you can go get that Vette or Viper you always wanted, Tracy want mind  Wink  grin

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 06:29:12 PM »

Thanks all for the input on leasing, it is just an idea I wanted to run by some coworkers who swear by it - but I have always found it unimaginable to pay and pay for a car, then pay even more when you bring it back and THEY keep the car. It is doubtful I'd lease, just a thought while keeping open minded.

It is now Sunday 5 days after the accident, I am now walking without the walker, most of my back pain is gone and only my left shoulder is still hurting - wow, what a few days can do!

I've had a 48 hour heart monitor on (took it off this afternoon - it goes back tomorrow) I had a carotid ultrasound done which came back negative too! I have to do a nuclear stress tess this week and still see a neurologist - after all that is done, hopefully I get to drive again.

I have a feeling we'll never kow WHY I went unconcious, and hopefully it will never happen again. But with the stress test and neurology still to come, hopefully some light might be shown on why and hopefully it can be solved with medication - fingers crossed.

So that's what new, watching TV a lot, lost about 10 pounds, I call it the "pass out and hit a pine tree, totallying your car diet" I don't recommend it, I think Atkins is MUCH safer.

Again, I'll keep everyone informed Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 06:35:21 PM »

Good luck on your recovery John, ya know Jeff aka NWIN thinks you were abducted by aliens and anal probed, perhaps it was just a screw that needed tightening?

...JP Wink

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Jessaboo
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 06:41:58 PM »

Hi John -

Glad to hear things are improving and here's hoping you get answers (and easy ones!) from all your tests!

In the meantime, listen to Cindi - she's got good advice!

- Jess

dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 06:43:06 PM »

John,
     Hang in there, hope everything goes smooth and you have a speedy recovery.

David
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 08:42:26 PM »

Now thats funny JP!!
Johns gonna start hurting now from laughing!!!
 Why do aliens always do that anyway? grin

your friend,
john

(I hope we dont get fired because of our sense of humor!)

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »

Now let's be serious here for a minute, I've had a few "such" probes in my life and Yes they were from "Aliens" - but in my case they were both From India  grin tongue rolleyes  Not the "Fire in the Sky" type, although one MIGHT have been a "Tall White" alien, but they typically land in Vegas to make "Earth" money, which is easy for them - they can see through the cards! shocked

Follow us on TWITTER

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 11:04:39 PM »

Very funny JP. I always wondered that myself why the aliens are so obsessed with the you know what probing?? Guess they get some good information about us that way.

Like maybe what we like to eat!!!

Ha, Ha, All in good fun my dears. John take care and speedy recovery for you. Things seem to be looking up your way.

Take Care
Annette
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 11:55:51 PM »

Indian Doctors probing...........I hove you asked to see their degrees. Youre just a big white guinea pig to them. Smiley

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41:44 AM »

John, wonderful news, baby steps, day by day, you will soon become whole again (with some lost pounds, now ain't that a goodey? hee, hee).  Keep on keepin' on, and have the best of a most wonderful day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 05:52:13 AM »

Not wasting words John. Just get well soon and that Maquis was a nice car.

Geoff & Marg.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2008, 08:10:12 AM »

Hi John,

I heard about your accident shortly after it happened. I am glad to hear you are ok. Take care and take it easy.

Don't lease a vehicle ever.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 10:49:18 AM »

PROMISED UPDATE:

Well all, adding to the continuing story of One Beemaster to Live, I have an update. I did my nuclear stress tress early last week and found out a few days ago there is a blockage at the bottom of my heart. Now I'm scheduled to go to Deborah Heart and lung Center Iluckily only 25 miles from here) and it is aWorld reknown heart center where they will be doing 1) a Angioplasy (inject dye as a proble is sent from my inner theigh into my heart to look for blockages or damage throughout my heart, and 2) if needed place a stent into my artery to allow normal blood-flow. Hopefully, that is the extent of the trouble.

My Cardiologist says a flutter or restriction could have caused passing out, I felt so weird as I went out that I wouldn't remember a flutter or much of anything at that time. I still am a week away from the Neurologist, and Deborah is just under 2 weeks away.

For what it is worth, I have felf heavyness at time in my chest, even flutters but have I have always blamed it on the anxiety that I feel from the permanent nervious disorder caused from Neurological Lymes. I could have been feeling heart tightness all this time and not known it.

So, now back to the waiting game, but the trip to Deborah Heart Center could run from 2 days to 5 or more according to what is found. I have the procedure appointment date of Sept 16th there.

On a good note, I went to my eye-doctor (I have open angle glaucoma) and nothing has changed since last visit - I get a full spectrum of test each time and even though it can't get better, it isn't any worse.

More next time all. Hopefully, passing out and hitting a tree made it possible to find a problem around my heart that could have gone unnoticed until something much more serious happened. I do believe that sometimes bad things happen for good reasons, I guess that is just one reason I believe in a higher power - I doubt I'd have concidared a stress test and more thinking anything I felt was stress related, meanwhile an undiagnosed problem could have worsened.

Follow us on TWITTER

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 11:32:30 AM »

John,

All those fun medical tests. Yuck. 
Let us know how things turn out on the 16th.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 12:29:57 PM »

John, that is a wow!!!  You are right, if the blacking out had not occurred, this heart thingy may have never been diagnosed until something far more worse happened.  Thank the lucky stars above for the modern day technology that allows us to live such more healthy lives, I am grateful that you have had these tests done, and are carrying onto that heart clinic for more work ups, yeah!!!  Take care of yourself, keep your stress levels low (ya, right, eh?), things will be well, as you will be well soon too.  Have that most wonderful, beautiful day, love our life and live it like there was narry a tomorrow.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »

John, I just found this thread.  Wow man, you've got my prayers.

Kind of ironic in a good way though... you got in an accident because you passed out because of blockage, that was likely dislodged by the impact, thus possibly saving your life.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 10:04:49 PM »

That is great news John. Now they have the cause, the problem can be fixed. Whilst it is indeed a major procedure, tinkering with the old ticker, its routine nowdays to go in and fiddle with a few things. I know you will be fine.

It will be an anxious wait, no doubt about it. Please try not to stress, work on those movie downloads, kick back on the couch, read a lot. Go for a bit of a walk each day, eat well and TRY to relax.

From our chats re Lymes disease, I reckon you hit the nail on the head. Send yourself a bill Dr. John!
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 10:41:53 PM »

Best wishes John!! You'll need to take care of yourself for our rescheduled southern shindig that was going to be at Bud's, Hurricanes!!!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 12:06:25 PM »

Hi Everyone:

Well... tomorrow I have my heart cathaterization done, the doctor is almost positve a stent will be put in and hopefully that will take of the problems - fingers crossed.

I went Thursday and had an EEG done - 27 leads on my head and 2 on my heart and sat still for nearly an hour, finishing with a cool light show from a strobe light set to various speeds to see if sesures were an issue - no results from the test yet, but the dr was waiting on a brain MRI which I just got home from getting. I also had blood work done today and will be seeing my primary doctor this afternoon.

I don't know if I'll be away 2 or 3 days, hopefully no longer than that, but I go to the heart center tomorrow at 8:30am.

I just don't want to ever again blackout while driving, it would have been bad enough if I had killed or mangled myself, but to take someone else out would have been so hard to live with, no matter how much I could not anticipate such a problem.

Until we write again, everyone take care of yourselves, I promise to do the same here. I'll write as soon as I can, until then Peace!

As a note, I have quite a few PMs which I haven't replied to yet, I have read them all and thank you for your wonderful words. I hope to get back to each of you, but if I don't write, please forgive me for being side-tracked here, it has been a hectic 3 weeks of probing and testing and my forum time has been very limited, as is the time I've been with the members in voice chat. Thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, I feel honored to know you all Smiley

John

Follow us on TWITTER

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 02:49:59 PM »

hang in there BM.  i'll be thinking of you!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next