Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 11:45:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Ghost Story  (Read 1893 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: January 09, 2005, 01:05:27 PM »

I just posted this on a different forum, but thought I'd share it with you guys....

I work on the Naval Base where the Germany Dirigible Hindenburg Crashed on May 6th, 1937 - and my job includes making rounds to many buildings nightly, including the area where a temporary morgue was set up after the historic explosion.

One night in 1994 I was walking across the large hangar and as always the building was very empty an unattended - only our people and security have access to this build during off hours and this was nearly 2am.

I walked toward the boiler room and suddenly a firm hand grabs me on the left shoulder and spins me around in mid-step, I fully turn in a blink of a second and nothing was there. Nothing.

I could see at least a hundred feet in all directions, I wasn't near a door or a hallway anywhere - I was nearly dead center of a massive hangar, Hangar One where the Hindenburg was stored 12 times in 1936 on it's maden year of flight.

Hangar One (a National Historical Monument) at 800ft long still was not long enough to hold the Hindenburg unless the nose cone was removed from the great airship. But when you stand in this 240ft tall building, you can feel the presence of its mission in history. At 803.8 feet in length and 135.1 feet in diameter the Hindenburg filled this great hangar - I'm decades to young to have seen it, but interestingly - my Grandmother was pregnant with my mother on the date of the crash and grandmom owned a small diner less than 1 mile away and witnessed the explosion from the front step of her diner.

The Hindenburg was just approaching the moorsman (the guys who grab the cables to tie the great airship down) when it burst into flames during its first trip in 1937 - it never made it inside this great hangar again - except for the bodies and parts of the wreckage.

The bodies of the dead were stored in a temporary morgue in the hangar while investigations were being done and while bodies were being claimed. The actual body count in the hangar is lost in fog of time - not everyone killed made it into the hangar.

The weight of the hand on my shoulder was firm, the strong downward grip of a powerful man is the best way I can describe it. But in less than a blink I had looked 360 degrees and there was nothing to be seen in vast lighted hangar.

So, it's not a hair-raiser, but it was my ghost story and it was quite memorable to me, even today as I write this.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 09:16:30 PM »

Cool story Jhon, And I also love the dancing ger, do you think you could hook me up with something, thanks, bye

Ryan Horn
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 09:55:29 PM »

Ryan:

I added a bunch of avatars to the gallery section of the forum  - click on your profile, go to the bottom of the page, choose gallery, then gallery3 and you'll see the dancing alien and a lot of other new avatars there, you can add them and any images you have in your profile or signature.

I do have a generous signature allowance of 2000 characters, the default is 225 characters, so thats about 9 times larger than default, you should be able to have a creative signature with THAT kind of space - the only thing I ask is to keep BIG IMAGES out of the signature.

Look at my signature and you will notice the big red dot and the text are ALL ONE IMAGE - the text looks like it's text, but it is actually a transparent GIF image of text with the ball part of that image. The dancing alien is a separate animated GIF image to the left of the ball/text image. That and my links to my different pages, etc make for a sizable signature, but it isn't too TALL, so it doesn't cause people to scroll and scroll to much.

Besides, I never post short posts - lol. I've never been blamed of "one liners" I just don't have that in me  embarassed I'm more into quality than quanity when it comes to posting - I hate to see my RED DOT SPECIAL come up too frequently in the same post, so long replies it is!

Follow us on TWITTER

Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 10:10:45 PM »

His name is ger and he is stupid and he is off of Invador Zim, he is funny on all the episodes. bye

Ryan Horn
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 10:24:39 PM »

I learn something new every day!

Follow us on TWITTER

Jay
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 10:28:58 PM »

Hey John, that one was pretty short!!! cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 10:38:34 PM »

I was just thinking that too - lol....

I decided Ger needed a knowledge keeper to tend to him - enjoy him Ryan, he looks pretty cool as your avatar!!!! bye.

Smiley

Follow us on TWITTER

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 10:40:37 PM »

I don't think someone or something stupid applies to Ryan. I believe the boy has brains.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 11:45:24 PM »

I've seen that hanger. The numbers kinda tell you haow large it is.
Seeing it is another thing altogether. It's huge. darn Huge.

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next