Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 02:45:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The beat continues  (Read 1300 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: August 18, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »

Hi all,

Long time no talk. My apologies for the absence. Part of due to work, part due to computer problems, part of due to just having a life.

First off, bees are ok. Lots of adventures there. Still have around 12 hives. I have been learning that SHB are a major pain in the arse. They have been wreaking havoc.

Still traveling for work. I am sitting in Ft. Lauderdale airport traveling to Charlotte, NC. I have been bouncing a bunch of one day or two day fast trips lately. I find it exciting but tiring. And yes the storm know as Fay is bearing down. It means nada to me. I am running a way and letting my wife deal with it. Just like I did with Wilma. Wink
It is amazing how work complicates things. Smiley
Actually neither myself or my wife are worried about this. I am not even strapping the hives down for this one. It just to wimpy.

As far as bee politics go. I am going to be president of the association in September.  Funny thing is I won't be there cause I will be at Brian's Party. Which I am so excited to attend.I am still coming Brian. Save food for me.

The election takes place on the 5th of September but my wife and I are on vacation for that time period. Maybe I can get the Mounts Botanical to put a speaker phone in the meeting place.

Cut outs are still an ongoing issue a huge one. I can't keep up. Really. I need an apprentice. I mind I can mold before it becomes corrupt. And doesn't mind hard work and little pay.

I can see the line of perspectives forming now.

Politics has become a major part of how my time is occupied. Since I am also neighbor prez I have been  dealing with an issue affecting our neighborhood. I have had to attend more county meetings and budget sessions than I can count. And attending those is a test of fortitude in some cases. I have two campaigns in my area that ai am also part of. I am missing one of the volunteer sessions today to fly to Charlotte.

Also to add to the list of accomplishments, the laundry room is done and operational. Five years of nagging is done with. The solar panels are not installed yet because the county is slow in issuing the permits. We are just waiting for the permit and work begins.

The year in Honey has been mixed. I have been pulling some but I haven't been happy with it. So I have been feeding it back to the bees. It isn't that there isn't honey it's just not of a good quality.

I got to meet Sean briefly. He was very cool and my apologies for not spending more time with him. As he came in I ended up having to travel out unexpectedly. I need to spend more time with him.

I have been bugging JP and Dallas on the phone on occasion with my cut out adventures on occasion but I am usually on the fly are just coming from 8 hours of dealing with honey, comb, and bees.

My wife and I have also been having the discussion on the ludicrous idea of having kids. I think we have agreed to wait a few more years but in the meantime we will continue to "discuss" the matter. 

The school has made the association a listed vendor. The upcoming school year has me doing lots more lectures.

And just for a bit of drama earlier in the year lightning struck a tree on my bee farm and the tree caught on fire. The hot ash and smoldering branches dropped down and caught the pine needles on fire. the fire came up to the edge of my hives. It didn't burn any but the heat caused four to abscond. I don't blame them.

The Beekeeper group in Tallahassee is looking to deal with the ridiculous standards for a honey house. Our association in August agreed to support them.

One of members who is a licensed bee remover has received a letter from Jerry Hayes telling him not to save the hives he is removing. I cannot begin to tell how stupid this is but it has real possiblites of getting ugly.

In the meantime I am pretending to have a life and let my wife know that I am around. I will try to update more often. Again my apologies for the neglect. I am still around. I am just not always sure where.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

PS. Tell Dallas to call me.

Plane boarding. Take care.

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 12:14:19 PM »

Brendan,
Good to hear from you, keep the faith brother. Sounds like your travel schedule will put you in the grave. Becareful with that. Sounds like you are keeping your smile on, let me know when you are really thinking about kids and I will fill you in on that evil
Still want to hear more about the solar panels. I have put together a couple of systems now that seem to be doing very well. We are still a buy it at .09 a watt and sell it back at .03 a watt. I am working on that. My heating and hotwater systems are paying for themselves quickly thought. That is going well. Talk to you soon.
Good luck,
Frantz
PS thanks for the help and advice a while back with all the server stuff.

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 03:45:38 PM »

Missed you Brendhan. I have been through so much with the bees this summer, and you missed it all.

Annette
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 01:33:50 PM by annette » Logged
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 08:40:20 PM »

Alright just another quick hop in. Flight plan has been changed. I am flying back to Florida tomorrow. Which means technically I will be flying into the storm.

This is the way things happen.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 01:04:56 AM »

Do you think that first post could be any longer? I stopped reading after the 51st paragraph, you sorry sack of...

Just kidding of course, glad you finally decided to endow us with your royalness, again!!! About freakin' time!!!

Glad you have a life, what's that again exactly?

Good to see you back!!

...JP Wink grin

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 10:39:47 AM »

So they canceled my flight back to Ft. Lauderdale. I now fly back tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 10:55:52 AM »

welcome back. Yes Beekeeping and politics- love it myself. Turns a hobby into a cage match, and I dont play well w/ others in a cage match. There is only winners and losers........cant tolerate losing either...

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 02:06:33 PM »

Brendhan, your post was typical you, hee, hee, long winded and wonderful!!!  I have missed you too!!!  As I know so many of your forum pals have.  I have thought many times about what you have been up to, and it seems you have been up to exactly what I thought you had been up to.....and that be BUSY-NESS.  Good that you have updated us on your life.  Glad you got the reno done too, now getting the Wife off your back for that should make you ding dang happy.  I know how us female gender can bug the male gender, hee, hee.  Gonna be nice to see you at Brian's, it is coming soon and is gonna be a hoot and a hollar for surely.  Have safe travel, have a wonderful and awesome day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next