Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 23, 2014, 10:41:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad CARma...  (Read 1379 times)
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« on: August 15, 2008, 01:47:18 AM »

You know, I think that show 'my name is earl' is onto something with that karma stuff.  I think I have some bad CARma going on.  First my jeep won't start yesterday, then when my wife came to pick me up in the car, we ran out of gas (once again the magnificient Chevrolet fuel gauge shows full tank when it's empty).  There is some silver lining on the clouds though.  It appears that the battery on the jeep is shot, and it's still under warranty... though that might not be all that's wrong with it.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 10:21:59 AM »

Never trust the car's computer to tell you when you need or don't need gas.

My Dodge doesn't want you to run out of gas, its a courteous truck, my Chevy lied to me the first time I trusted it on the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, it said I had 48 miles left before refueling and after making it more than 3/4 of the way across, with the gas guage still showing somewhere around 28 miles to go, it abruptly ran out of fuel.

This was last yr, and I had to call a friend who owns a wrecker service. I was pulling a 12' flatbed trailer at the time as well. We put the truck on the flatbed and pulled the trailer with the wrecker truck.

I refuel plenty ahead now on the Chevy.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »

under warranttee is a good thing.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:13:56 AM »

A lot of chevys have let me down. Dodge and ford never put me out in the middle of nowhere.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 02:46:31 PM »

Problem with the car running out of gas was it's my wife's car, and I thought she had filled it up the day before.  Turns out she only put $20 in... oops.

With the jeep, turns out the battery is ok now (now that I performed CPR on it last night)... but the starter was/is bad.  I got lucky and got it to start one last time by tapping on the side of the starter while my wife tried to start it.  So that got it back home in the driveway where I can work on it and replace the starter anyway.  So that'll cost me $70... but at least I didn't have to have it towed all the way home, which would have cost double that for the tow alone.
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 03:05:44 PM »

Hopefully the chevy that you ran out of gas in did not blow the fuel pump. We just did that. My car quit, used the suburban to tow the car down to the shop, ran out of gas in her suburban on the way home. Put gas in it, nothing. Running it out of gas blew the "in tank" fuel pump. $850 later we were back on the road. My mechanic just smiled as we left both of our vehicles there for him to work on. Someone has to put his kids through private school. My car was the fuel pump also. Go figure...
F

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 10:03:31 PM »

Nope, car still runs just fine after we put some gas in it.  This is the third time we've run out of gas in that car because we just can't tell where it is with that gauge.  I would love to get it fixed, but it probably will cost too much to make it worth it.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »

I had a car kind of like that. Started keeping track of miles.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »

I had a car kind of like that. Started keeping track of miles.

That's what we try to do, but it doesn't always work out... though on at least 1 of those occasions, I simply wasn't paying attention to it at all.  On another occasion I was planning to fill up at the next stop anyway, but didn't quite make it.  Then this time we had no idea it was so low, but that's kinda our fault too, since we hadn't filled it all the way up the day before.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 10:40:17 PM »

A lot of chevys have let me down. Dodge and ford never put me out in the middle of nowhere.

Back in the 50's the rule of thumb as that a Chevy (aka GMC) was empty before the guage was and a Dodge or Ford still had go juice when pegged on empty.  That has always been my experience.  I drive a Ford truck with a saddle tank and haven't ran out of gas in 10 years.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next