Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 11:57:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John, our Beemaster, tell us a story!!!  (Read 1236 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: August 10, 2008, 10:03:08 AM »

So, I have been waiting with baited breath, waiting for that story of how your new life in your new home is since that big move.....(hope I didn't miss a post that you may have posted about it, hee, hee).  I know you are busy, working, our forum, setting up your new home, but come on John, tell us a story......have this most wonderful and beautiful day as ours, to love and live it like there narry was a tomorrow.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 10:05:45 AM »

NO, NO, NO!!!

You don't want to get him started. He'll never shut up.  grin

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »

Jerry, ooooooh ya!!!!  We know how John can ramble, he and I both share that ramblin' mode......hee, hee.  Let that man ramble, that ramblin' man  Wink Smiley Smiley Smiley beautiful and most wonderful day, ramblin' on......Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 01:21:10 PM »

NO, NO, NO!!!

You don't want to get him started. He'll never shut up.  grin

What about a condensed version? That story may only take 3-4 days tops!! grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 08:21:45 AM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzi prefer to listen to youse americanos, its nice to hear things from the horses mouth. I like to listen, Im a podcast junkie, Ive often suggested the Boss does a podcast.

However, like a lot of people worth listening to, the bloke that delivers the goods doesnt think he has anythig worthwhile to say.

One day, I hope that changes.

Im working on it.

Its hard to press him from abroad.

PATIENCe oops, gimme time, Ill swing him our way.

Its on MY books.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 11:19:22 AM »

OK Mick, go, Mick, go!!!  Get on that thing!!!  Beautiful and most wonderful days, Cindi

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 12:43:57 PM »

He's writing the book off line right now and will dump it on us later I bet.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 02:20:52 PM »

Guess I should reply  grin

Cindi, thanks for asking and I'll give you a good run down. I have some photos, but the angles of the room and my lens make it difficult to show off entire rooms for their beauty. But the master could be a magazine cover, wall is a sun-shiny yellow, with room darkening blinds and curtains to all total to almost not light for day sleeping.

We also setup bedroom 2 when Ted and his family we on their way to Maine after spending the first night - I got to paint one wall in ter and I fully repainter (rustolium Wuite) the fan that was in BR2 and it looks teriffic.

I have shorted all the doors by 3/8th inch to adjust to the new carpet height and painted all the 5 hallway doors (BR1,2,3, a close and the bath) it is a lot of trim painting and tedious stuff. The hall and BR2 are a creamier yellow, like a cream cycle with little orange color in it.

That too with be the living area which fully opens to the kitchen and dining room - a nicely open floor in the living area. I've installed blinds to all second floor (main) and painted all closet doors. Not to forget the hallway doors, corners, ceiling around attic stairs - I've been busy I prome Smiley

The place is looking great, I will get photos - but let me finish painting everything - I know I show the living room from the kitchen, and kitchen and diningroom from the living room, but they are far from being painted. I want to perfect my painting skills and I'm saving the living area for last.

In my backyard, I have 2 regular bird feeders, a thistle feeder and hummingbird feeder setup JUST outside my dining room window, we keep a bird book RIGHT THERE with binoculars, we love searching a new bird. Yellow American Finch is most popular after sparrow, robins, doves and regular finches. The humminbird feeder is a smash too Smiley I read once that we move slow slow, hummingbirds CAN'T see us unless we make HUGH motions. You can stand feet from the feeder and they will see you frozen and no threat - cool.

So I have a bit more that 1/3 acre (which is large around here) that backs up to an out of service for 30 year railroad behind my picket fence and protected land for miles and miles behind me - all wetlands protected.

It takes about an hour and 15 to mow it with a self propelled mower. My neighbors are very nice, young Gerard and lind, Older Will and Gloria and Norman and Irma - the family on my right keep to the selves mostly. They have 3 girls who rarely play outside?!

The front view is a nice sub-urban area, with well kept houses in a "Leave it to beaver" type neighborhood. There are many style homes and I feel lucky and believe honestly that our view (front and back) is one of the best on the street Smiley

The main things I did when I moved in was have Central Air installed in the attic which ideal because cold air flows down, when it comes through an A Coil through the heater ducts at floor level, the air stays neat the floor and is hot to the ceiling and cool at the couches - most people with forced air run fans in the winter to keep the temps steady. So the Attic AC is wonderful, cools the house off in 30 minutes and is quiet because it installed to the rafters NOT the attic floor.

We also have beatiful wall to wall installed with a pet and spill resistant padding, all nice stuff - but I swear in 6 weeks here, no cat has had any kind of accident or an on-purpose! They love the house, much sunnier and open, they are much happier here.

Lots of stuff to still move, we take our time and bring a car full of stuff every time we go to the other house. Lots of stuff to give away and quiet a bit to come to our new home, still boxed but good stuff we need to keep.

Got to go Cindi - hope this filled your sweet-tooth Smiley

John

Hope I've filled in some blanks, I'll work on the picture thing, I promise.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 12:25:38 PM »

John, excellent, you have painted the most beautiful picture for my mind's eye, you took me right into your home, others have enjoyed this visit too, I am sure.  Your new home, yard, bird feeders, everything, sounds most wonderful.  The house sounds like something else, the openness of it sounds lovely.  I love open houses that are cheerful and bright and the colours sound like they complement each other beautifully.  You have done a lot of work, and more to do I know, and I bet you are honing your painting skills, to tackle that final part of painting that you want to perfect, good for you.  Thank you for taking us all into your life, you did a great job!!!  Wink Smiley Smiley Smiley  Have the most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next