Alright, got a bit more done...
It's all screwed together now... I just used little 1.5" screws because all of the pressure on all of the parts of it are compression, so I just have to make sure nothing slides out of place... plus, I'm all out of 2.5" screws. I'll definately use deck screws or lag bolts for yours though Annette.
I also put the filler on... here it is smeared on rough, it's just bondo by the way. I know they make wood filler, but it's just not as good in my opinion, and way overpriced, too.
So then I sanded it down...
But of course I'm sure you can tell there are still some imperfections... there always are after the first coat. So I just got done laying down the second and what should be the final coat. I'll take more pics after it cures and get's sanded, but that won't be until late tonight... I need to sleep sometime afterall.
Oh, here is a pic of the bottom, I wanted to show you why the side-rails are flush with the legs. I just dado's them into the legs... this lets them rest on the legs instead of putting pressure on the screws and trying to sheer off the screws. It's a little trick I picked up from building a few aquarium stands that needed to hold about 2500 lbs. Don't worry, I didn't learn that lesson the hard way. Anyway here it is:
Annette, if you want me to do that for yours, I can, but it would have to be filled and painted, too since I simply don't have all the tools necessary to do a job worthy of varnish or natural finish for that part.