Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 01:41:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vacationing in Waynesville, North Corolina  (Read 890 times)
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« on: July 24, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »

I will be going to a family reunion in the catalooche valley and staying in Maggie valley. If anyone is in the area and would like to visit let me know,I will be there from Friday August 8 to the 11th.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 10:22:45 AM »

Dallas, what a pretty name, Catalooche Valley.  Sorry, I can't make it, hee, hee, I would love to meet you one day, and hey, one never knows. Enjoy your family reunion.  There is nothing on earth like getting together with family, I long to have my reunion that I have each year, on my Mother's side.  This year we won't be having one that I can think of, life has been too ding dang busy with house renovations, and energies have worn too thin with all of everything.  Enjoy the reunion, have a safe trip and a most wonderful time, AND have a most wonderful and beautiful day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 11:48:39 AM »

cindi, i like your quote!!!!  grin didn't notice that you'd changed it. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 11:24:21 PM »

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy....what a ride!!!"  Michael Harley

Must have been ridin a motorcycle.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »

Dallas, just returned from a vacation in that very same area. It was nice, sorry I missed you.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
NWIN Beekeeper
Professional Beekeeper
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 05:45:17 PM »

[...family reunion in the catalooche valley...]

Doesn't that area have a Zoo with a gigantic PRIMATE HOUSE ?

This sounds very suspecious to me....

There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next