Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 21, 2014, 10:05:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 5530 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: July 25, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »

So just how much do we want big brother taking care of us?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080725/ap_on_bi_ge/california_trans_fats

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »

don't you know you are to dumb to make decisions about what you eat? 

mickyd's fries are not the same sad

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:11:27 PM »

Didn't NY do that a year or so ago?

I read another story more recently about how NYC was getting some new ambulances that were designed to prep live patients for organ harvesting.

So I think I'll just stick with my trans fat covered organs...  Undecided
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 06:01:20 AM »

Somebody please,save me from myself!!!You had to know after all the money they got from big tobacco  that they would go after the next deep pockets in line.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 06:18:12 AM »

You had to know after all the money they got from big tobacco  that they would go after the next deep pockets in line.

I don't think they are suing over it, just banning it.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 06:22:04 AM »

Just wait,the leeches will come!!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 08:18:09 AM »

This is just a little step. Actually the second step. The first step was ordinances in New York City and Philadelphia. This is a law now in California. Just wait until there is a national health care. We will all be vegetarians  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 09:55:59 AM »

I don't think vegetarianism is very healthy actually. 

A few years back, time-life did a study/survey of the oldest people in the world, and they published their results which said that of people who lived to be over 100, the frequency of red meat consumption increased proportionately with their age, all the way up to an average 3 servings a day for people who lived to be 110+.  It's not conclusive proof, but it's good enough for me.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 10:15:18 AM »

It's not about people being healthy,it's about not eating animals or taking their furs,or trying medications on animals before humans.
And about dictating our livelihood.
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 11:51:57 AM »

I don't think there's enough people who would support that to get it passed, even if they were all in positions of power. 
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 12:20:15 PM »

I don't think there's enough people who would support that to get it passed, even if they were all in positions of power. 

Support what to get whet passed?

Jerry

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 01:09:33 PM »

Jerry,
The effort to make us all vegetarians is what he thinks would never pass.
First it's transfats(thats easy every one knows there bad for you.)
Next will be high cholesterol and salt items.
Then maybe stuff with too much sugar.
Who knows,maybe cabbage,we all know that can create a lot of methane if ya know what I mean.
 I wonder what will happen to all the cows if this low fat stuff takes off.the only reason we keep them is to eat them.
I never see them roaming in the wild.
Hmmm,we better keep eating,I'd hate to not eat them into extinction.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 02:01:11 PM »

the big push now is against the methane gas the livestock produces.   new zealand tried to pass a methane gas tax on livestock, but the ranchers wouldn't have it.  other countries have done, or have tried the same.  now there is a push to breed fewer cattle and sheep to cut methane emissions.  that will drive cost of meat up and consumption down. 

between the tree huggers, global warming nuts, and grass chompers, they are determined to get rid of our meat. 

of course if it were polar bears producing so much gas, we'd have to put up with it.  after all, we wouldn't want to do away with those useful furry critters!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »

the big push now is against the methane gas the livestock produces.   new zealand tried to pass a methane gas tax on livestock, but the ranchers wouldn't have it.  other countries have done, or have tried the same.  now there is a push to breed fewer cattle and sheep to cut methane emissions.  that will drive cost of meat up and consumption down. 

Maybe we should pass a referendum that requires all politicians to wear an enama hose hooked up to a propane tank.  That would be green green and then some, get rid of several types of gas in one pass.  LOL

between the tree huggers, global warming nuts, and grass chompers, they are determined to get rid of our meat. 

Actually, I'm convinced they want us to adicate and give the planet back to all the other life forms.

of course if it were polar bears producing so much gas, we'd have to put up with it.  after all, we wouldn't want to do away with those useful furry critters!

My grandpa used  to say "when confronted with a hungary bear, eat the bear."
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 12:43:54 AM by Brian D. Bray » Logged

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 09:23:35 AM »

I agree with kathyp 100% on her last post. What the problem is that the tree hugger's have got into every branch of the government and then they hire there tree hugger friend's. That is why we got to talk to our kid's and grandkid's.The other day my granddaughter came home from school and told me that I was a bad person because I was a logger. I went to her teacher and had a good talk with that tree hugger! They all live in wood house's.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Pond Creek Farm
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 10:06:27 AM »

Small groups trying to impose their own brand of right and wrong through the government are never to be trusted and always resisted - even if we agree with them.  Often times laws designed to help us are nothing more than thinly veiled mechanism to control what we do, what we think and who we are.  I consider myself quite capable of making decisions for my own good, and I despise the government trying to legislate away my options. 

As for logging, Irwin, where we be without wood?  I agree with you.

Brian
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 01:56:39 PM »

Irwin, I wonder if she gives her tests on plastic instead of paper?  Of course, plastic is evil to these people, too.  Everything except themselves, is evil. 

Seriously though, if I were you, I would have very seriously considered filing suit against the teacher personally.  Because I'll bet your grandchild will have to endure being picked on now, because her grandfather is an evil logger now that their teacher is instilling that hate in them.  What she's doing, is exactly what the nazi's did in WWII against the jews.

Now I'm not saying we aren't facing some big environmental challenges, because we are.  But facing every problem by blaming humankind, isn't going to solve those problems.  That attitude reminds me of the one that plunged the world into the dark ages centuries ago.  What we should be doing is figuring out how to control the environment and use it to our benefit.  Hell, even global warming could be one of the best things to happen to us if we're willing to harness and controll it.  With the willingness to deploy the right technology, we could literally use it to control the weather, minute by minute to eliminate droughts and floods, or to steer severe weather away from populated areas, and to control even the temperature to make it ideal for agriculture so that we could produce 3-4 times as much from the same amount of land that we do now (which we'll need to do anyway if we hope to feed future population increases).  We already have the technology to do that.  The only thing that's lacking is the willingness to dominate our environment, and bend and change it to fit our needs.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 03:32:44 PM »

i see weather wars in our future!   evil

the flip side is that if darwin was right, we have done the planet and mankind a great disservice by saving everyone and everything.  if we are to survive and evolve, we must allow "nature" to take it's course.  not very PC and i don't think that darwin was right about evolution, but he may have had a point about survival of species.

Alexis de Tocqueville
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 07:04:50 AM »

i see weather wars in our future!   evil

You mean past and future... we manipulated the weather in Vietnam by seding the clouds over the ho-chi-man trail to keep it too muddy for the Viet Cong to move tanks down it.

the flip side is that if darwin was right, we have done the planet and mankind a great disservice by saving everyone and everything.  if we are to survive and evolve, we must allow "nature" to take it's course.  not very PC and i don't think that darwin was right about evolution, but he may have had a point about survival of species.

I can agree with that, given how our welfare system runs contrary to natural selection, and rewards the lazier component of our society.
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 09:44:56 AM »

SgtMaj I told her if it keeps up I would go after personally with a law suit.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next