Just curious could a bee sting to the scalp cause swollen lymph nodes 24-72 hours after the sting?
I got stung a couple days ago (not to self, weeding the garden right next to the beehive and having bright pink hair do not mix well) and had an awful headache for about 3 hours, which them subsided with only minor itching where the sting occurred. But last night woke up to a dull ache in my neck and I have a lump near my hairline that is sensitive (I'm assuming a lymph node).
Is this a typical reaction to a bee sting? or should I be concerned? if it is a typical thing, how long should I expect that soreness and inflammation to last?
Thanks in advance!
What you experienced is very typical, you may find that at some point with more stings under your belt, your reactions may not be quite as harsh, as with more stings you may build a better resistance to bee venom.
Some people actually have a doctor administer bee venom therapy to help desensitize their reactions to bee stings.
My wife is diabetic and had a reaction once that continued off and on for three weeks, this is a little unusual but it does happen.
Some get a very warm area over the stung area that you can literally feel the elevated temps in that spot for a few days, I've had reactions like that myself, although its been quite a while, yrs in fact.