Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 03:57:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: queen in top super  (Read 557 times)
derrick1p1
House Bee

« on: July 23, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »

Hive #1 had a rough start, but is now doing well.  1 deep, 2 supers.  Both supers are about 75% capped. I found the queen in the top most super.  The brood chamber is packed with brood, some brood in both supers.   I'm not feeding right now.

Do I need to worry about swarm prevention this time of year?  It looks as though they are replacing some of the honey stores with brood.  I'm a bit concerned as I've had a time with swarms this year.

Thanks,
Derrick

I won't let grass grow under my feet, there will be plenty of time to push up daisies.
Ross
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 05:36:21 PM »

Looks like the brood nest is established as 1 deep and 2 supers.  You could either slide in another deep if you want a 2 deep brood nest, or just add some more supers for honey production and leave the other supers for brood.  Sounds like a nice problem to have.  If you really don't expect any more flow, you may be done.

www.myoldtools.com
Those who don't read good books have no advantage over those who can't---Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next