After all the raving people have done about these things, I decided to get two, since I'm going to be splitting and raising some queens. Well! My first attempt ended up with the queen on the outside of the clip, who then glided down into the hive, not to be found. My second attempt on a different hive went the way it was supposed to...trapped her, held her, and she went right from there into a cage. The third attempt, on yet a third hive, resulted in a nice, clean capture. I set the clip down on the top box while I replaced the frames in the bottom box, and when I checked back, she was gone! Slipped out and into the hive. Not as easy as some have made it sound, but probably easier than bare fingers (I didn't even try that).