Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 26, 2014, 12:14:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A picture painted of the morning silence  (Read 1273 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: July 20, 2008, 07:53:58 AM »

Silence....not a sound.  It was early morning, about 4:15, I revel in these moments of silence....sitting on my front porch, still dark as it could be with the full moon shining in the southern sky.  It has been sunny for a couple of weeks, there was narry any dew that I could feel in the air.  I am listening, watching, silence.  My dog accompanies me everywhere.  My Kooder dog....a big dog, my protector, my pal.  He leaves my front porch to go on his morning jaunt, to see if our property is protected.  I see him run off out of the yard, through the gate, which remains open for most of the time.  There is so much happening here, it is pointless to keep the gates closed.  I hear him now, going down the path to the deep, dark ravine, I hear him running through the bush, alongside the little creek that meanders way down that hill.  A few minutes later, he returns to the yard and to my side, sitting and revelling in the silence.  The coast is clear, our property is safe.  We have had the bears traversing through the deep, dark ravine now for about a month, perhaps they are now gone on to other venues.

It is quiet.  I hear nothing, narry yet even a bird or any rooster calls from my chickenyard.  This is a silence that is peaceful, I know soon the birds will wake, the cars will begin to travel the roads a little more.  I can hear a long ways away, one car travelling down the main road that is about 1/2 kilometer from our home, funny how one can hear a single car.

As I sat, taking in the cool air of this beautiful morning, I hear a bird, a Robin to be exact, begin the morning calls.  Then more chimed in, then more and more.  Morning has come and awakened, and I beat her to it.   The silence is now gone, the birds have taken over their role of greeting and bringing the morning in.  A beautiful time of day, those beautiful early mornings.  Have a most wonderful day, love our lives we all live and share.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 09:29:50 AM »

isn't early morning the best smiley.  it's that one time during the day where it seems there is absolute peace.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 10:54:59 AM »

Cindi, really enjoyed your description, great job!!  You know morning is very special, even on a day where after a fisherman checked on things and knows that the next day would just be a horrible day to try and catch fish, you can usually go and catch some early in the morning during those magical moments when things are coming alive, its though everything greets the day in its own special way and is thankful to be alive.

You just reminded me that it is def worth it to now and again awake before dawn, just for the heck of it, and await the wonderful things to unfold, the sounds and the sights of all the things that really matter in this world of 2008.

...JP Wink

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »

Ohhhhh Yehhhhhh........
 I like the morning smell too. Its the only time you can smell that smell during the day/.
your friend,
john

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 11:17:43 AM »

Ohhhhh Yehhhhhh........
 I like the morning smell too. Its the only time you can smell that smell during the day/.
your friend,
john

Know what you mean John, you had beans last night too??? grin grin grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 04:19:51 PM »

Yes, that brings to mind the mornings that my dad would get us up to go fishing, excited, waiting to go, cool and misty, just the sound of the robins talking to eachother.  Brings back great feelings and memories when I get the chance to hear it.  That is actually the best part of vacation that I like to get up early enough to hear this.

Now mostly I bury my head in my pillow because the dumb things are sqawking outside the window and I'm trying to eke out a few more minutes of sleep 'cuz this dumbell stayed up late again doing something useless...sad really...

Rick

Rick
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »

Excellent job Cindi, You should put that somewhere that you can use it for later. It was very poetic. As much so as anything that I have ever read. I hope that you are keeping trac of stuff like that for your posterity. I have two hard back books of journal entries and thoughts etc from my ancestors. I cannot tell you what strength it gives me to read through those books now and then. I am sure that your great great grandchildren would find the same comfort and strength in your words. Make a point of saving some of those beauties.
I grew up working a dairy farm, so 4:30 in the morning was just the beginning of the day. I still love it, more now that I don't have to milk and haul hay, but that time of morning is priceless. Everyone wonders why and how you can get up that early, and I wonder how they can stay in bed and waste the best part of the day, it is like God's little gift for starting the day. Leaves you with just enough peace to make it through the day.
Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to even know that the morning peace is there.
F

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »

Frantz, JP, thanks for those kind words.  I do love to ramble...and I do....you all know that.  When I have a pretty picture that I love to share by writing, I so do, and it brings me great pleasure to share these thoughts.  I can recall a long time ago before my Husband took an early retirement from Sony of Canada, I used to get up with him, stay up and go on my computer.  It was during those early mornings that I would speak to my next-down-in-aged Brother, he is my junior by one year.  Every morning I would write stories to him, my thoughts.  He can be as a descriptive writer as I can, and we had some wonderful, enchanting moments.   I have not kept any records of any kinds of writings that I have done, but yes, Frantz, this has been on my mind.  I once kept a journal for many years, a very long time ago.  I read this now and then, or parts of it, it was a very lengthy piece of writing.  And yes, my progeny no doubt will find it, and any other writings that I may have, and take comfort in this, as do you....have the most wonderful, beautiful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next