Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 02:26:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: They say these pics are of old Charlie Hestons Bunker...  (Read 3245 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 08:21:18 AM »

I saw that class 3 license thing Bud, seems fair to me, anything under an AA gun is legal.

The UK has had a truly dreadful few years dealing with knife crimes. So far this year, 22 children between the age of 12 and 16 have been stabbed to death in London alone.

They have to do something, they are starting with the knives that are combat/hunting types thatr have no purpose in an urban area and will move down the line from there.

Handguns are almost unheard of in the UK, remember 90% of their police force is not armed. Their theory has always been that whatever we brandish, the crooks will go one better. Remarkably, this philosophy has served them well. Throughout the IRA bombings the English Bobby went unarmed, except for truncheon.

Sadly since the break up of the former Communist countries, the rules between coppers and robbers in the UK have changed somewhat, and in a few years, all UK coppers will be armed.

It will be a sad day, but a necessary one, if not for the protection of the coppers alone.

In short, the UK has to remove the kind of knives that teenagers think are cool. They wont weild welded cut down sharpened iron pickets, theres no status in that.

Your joking right you do realize the scum who commited these crimes will use the tools availabe to them. if not a knife or gun maybe a baseball bat, lead pipe, candalabra, hive tool, the closest thing to them at the time. if a murder is going to occur removing one tool just makes the murderer move on to the next choice. But remember with out the murderer all the tools are just inanimate objects.

Keith
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 01:19:25 PM »

good guns, bad guns?   If I beat someone to death with a table leg does it become assault weapon?  I think so.  Until that moment its just a table leg
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 05:43:07 PM »

good guns, bad guns?   If I beat someone to death with a table leg does it become assault weapon?  I think so.  Until that moment its just a table leg

Exactly, you can kill someone with a length of string if you want too or nothing else is available.  Punishing the perpetrator not outlawing the "weapon" is logical and just.  Banning any item used as a weapon, simply because it can be used to kill somebody is idiotic. 

Outlawing tools would put us all back to digging for our dinner with our hands...rocks and clubs, after all, are tools (weapons).

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 06:28:50 PM »

Use a rock to get a hammer. Use a hammer to get a pitchfork. Use a pitchfork to get a pistol. Use a pistol to get an M-16.... and so on.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »

quote author=Brian D. Bray link=topic=16737.msg122659#msg122659  . 

Outlawing tools would put us all back to digging for our dinner with our hands...rocks and clubs, after all, are tools (weapons).
[/quote]

Oh my, I might break a nail that way!! evil  Ya know the people screaming for bans, controls & outlawing everything put their kids in the car @ 16 w/no problem..have they not read the statistics for auto related deaths???  My Daughter had an observation around the 4th...here kids can buy fireworks @16. Fiery explosive missiles that have the potential to blind, maim fingers & limbs for life but can't gamble till 18..what's up with that??  There seems a lack of personal responsibility in this society, you are able to act with impunity w/no consequences for way too long.  I am hoping it starts swinging the other way soon or we are all in trouble..Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 06:58:48 PM »

I'll kill you with my tea cup:

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next