Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 06:15:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cow peepee  (Read 1090 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: July 16, 2008, 06:26:46 PM »

Some one asked what was in the golden cow stream that works as medications. I found this but I don't have the patience to read all of it. If someone wants to read it and give us the very short edited version please have at it.

http://www.hkrl.com/cowurine.html

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Bill W.
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »

Heh.  Well, that document is a lot of what appear to be pre-scientific beliefs dressed up in pseudo-scientific jargon.   It appears they think there are a lot of benefits to all products of the cow, but their arguments lack scientific rigor and follow the typical pattern for panaceas - it cures just about anything, including problems that nobody actually has.  Wink

Maybe this is one of those cases where you try to dig deeper and only hit rock.

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 04:42:05 AM »

Can't say much about the site, but I do know this from my aquarium experience... if you circulate urine (any type) through lots of bio-filtration (anything with lots of surface area for bacteria to attach to) for about 4 to 6 weeks, it makes good lawn fertilizer (high nitrates).  This is because the same bacteria that work in aquariums would work on the urine to convert the ammonia in the urine first to nitrites, then to nitrates (which is what plants can use).  Of course you would have to shield it from light during that process, otherwise the nitrates would be consumed by the algae that would quickly flourish.
Vetch
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:08:41 PM »

Science has gotten over the yuck factor and surgeons have gone back to leeches for post-surgical treatment, maggots for selectively debriding wounds (they only eat the dead tissue). I wouldn't be surprised to find that something in cow urine can have a therapeutic effect - but I think I'll wait on that one until something is proven. Mare's urine was the source of the first estrogen and progesterone supplements, but that was probably concentrated compared to the raw stuff.

Med Hypotheses. 1991 Nov;36(3):195-9.
    Melatonin supplementation from early morning auto-urine drinking.
    Mills MH, Faunce TA.

Department of Psychology, University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

The pineal hormone melatonin and its conjugated esters are present in morning urine in significant quantities. Drinking the first morning urine restores plasma night-time melatonin levels due to deconjugation of its esters to melatonin. Exogenous melatonin, by either regulation of the sleep-wake cycle or enhancement of the physiological prerequisites for mediation (decreased body awareness (i.e. analgesia) and claimed slowed brain wave activity and heightened visualization ability) may be the mechanism behind the alleged benefits of 'amaroli'.

Yeah ... I've got a bottle of melatonin tablets, sometimes take one at night, will stick with my current strategy.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 04:10:49 PM »

Yeah, so far I haven't slapped any maggots mailed to me from India on any sores, and I haven't gone out and got some leaches.

If cow urine works, I think I'll wait till they prove it, extract it, purify it , distill it, de-scent it, and de-louse it before its going anywhere near my food...

Rick

Rick
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »

Rick, don't forget... call it something else.   

Sometimes, ignorance can be bliss... grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next