Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 24, 2014, 01:31:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: Beekeeper - $20,000.00 For 10 Days Part-Time Work  (Read 4702 times)
eri
House Bee

« on: July 10, 2008, 01:24:38 PM »

Not sure where to post this, but here goes. It is copied without apology from another forum. The link to the thread is here: http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?p=333970#post333970

I'm thinking some of you crazy -er - adventurous, fun-loving souls at BIBF just might apply smiley

-------begin quote-------
Not kidding around here one little bit.

A producer at ABC TV has asked our help in
finding a beekeeper that would meet the
following criteria:

1) Married
2) One or more kids still living at home
3) Willing to be on "Reality TV"
4) One parent able to travel for 10 days

The TV Program is called "Wife Swap", which we
are told has been aired for several years, and
does not involve anything untoward, in spite
of what the name might imply.

We are told that the participating family will
be paid a base amount of $20,000.00 and has a
chance of winning an additional bonus of $50,000.00

Please contact us rather than ABC, as we have been
asked to put you directly in contact with the
producer for an interview.

Name, phone number, address, and e-mail is all
we need at this point. They don't seem to care
if the beekeeping operation is large or small,
but please define your operation size in terms
of number of hives.

Thanks!

joanne thomas and jim fischer
bee-quick@bee-quick.com

On Pleasure
Kahlil Gibran
And to both, bee and flower, the giving and the receiving of pleasure is a need and an ecstasy.
People of Orphalese, be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 01:53:29 PM »

that show makes me crazy.  i think one of the requirements is that you have to be some kind of loon.  even so, if i met the criteria, i'd do it for the money smiley

i figure i'd have a good go at whipping someone elses husband into shape.   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 03:10:08 PM »

Hey! I meet the criteria..... Oh yeah forgot,  I wouldn't want to be on TV  rolleyes

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 04:26:55 PM »

No kids and some sanity left so I couldn't be beaten to death by someone else's wife.  I'm out.   Smiley

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM »

I have an idea, lets just do this with in our forum. I will trade my wife for one of your wives for 10 days. And lets just keep touch and see how it goes. We could do live chats to compare and stuff. Would be great. Speaking of being whipped into shape... I accept the challenge Kathy.
Sign me up.
F

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
K-R-Farms
New Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 04:39:26 PM »

I have never heard of it.

How real is this?

Proverbs 3:3
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 05:45:08 PM »

I believe it!
 I bet I didnt tell you guys about me getting an Email from the producer of the show, did I?
Well,...Some of you remember awhile back when I was "Trippin' out" on 2012,( the year, mayan calendar, hopi prophecies, etc.) right?
 Anyways, I went to a few 2012 forums and websites back then...I "Bailed out" after figuring out that most of these people were freakin' NUTS,( I mean weirder than me, in some peoples opinion) probably way before the 2012 issue started!
 So, just recently I got an invite for me and my family to be interviewed for the show grin  I was to be the 2012 nut and I was to switch wives with someone else whos wife thinks the 2012 thing is nothing.
Janelle and I kicked it around for awhile----(5 minutes, maybe..)...We decided against it..Janelle thought I might give them "More show than they could handle" grin
I figure that the producers people went to these sites and picked a bunch of people to interview.
.....Yeh, Kathy,..... "Loons!"
 Hey Frantz....(As I peek over my shoulder)....Got any pictures of your wife? grin
heh heh heh....

your friend,
john

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »

frantz...can you say "boot camp"?   evil

problem is, they probably edit out all the really good stuff.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
jimmy
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 06:47:10 PM »

The wife swap thingy is not what the name implies .I know a lady about 50 miles away who did the show twice. That's the only times I watched it . She got like 50 grand. There was large write up in the local paper. I would post her name but, her daughter just got killed in a auto accident not long ago. I'm sure she is still grieving.
In answer to your question I don't qualify. But I sure could use the money to pay my bee stuff bill  !!!!
rast
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 07:43:01 PM »

HMNNN, maybe I can borrow a niece or nephew to live here. grin

Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda
Wes Sapp
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 07:52:08 PM »

I will trade my wife for one of your wives for 10 days.
Hey Frantz, I know some of ya'll out there in Utah have several wifes, but I only have one that you could choose from.grin

Wes Sapp
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 08:01:46 PM »

Hey Frantz, I know some of ya'll out there in Utah have several wifes, but I only have one that you could choose from.grin

No that is here in Texas. Don't you read the news?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Wes Sapp
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 08:09:17 PM »

That's right I forgot about that, but from what I saw on the news, I wouldn't trade my wife for two of them!!

Wes Sapp
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 08:17:08 PM »

frantz...can you say "boot camp"?   evil

problem is, they probably edit out all the really good stuff.

Man Kathy, I would love to see you whip Frantz into shape, I'd vote you and he in, in a second!!!

Johnny, you need to be on that show, that would be the grits!!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
timdalyiii
House Bee

Bee Cool

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 08:27:35 AM »

That show aggravates me.  My wife makes me crazy and I lover her with everything I got.  10 days with someone else's wife would be enough to make me pick up a full brood box and wear it like a hat.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 08:45:35 AM »

i figure i'd have a good go at whipping someone elses husband into shape.   evil

They always swap polar opposites.

The problem is that only works for the first 5 days.  Then the second day you've got to eat crow and let some spineless birkenstock wearing granola eating hippy tell you how you should be living.  It'd only work if you don't mind wearing tye-dye and headbands sitting around the circle singing we shall overcome while the kids are out back swearing and wrecking stuff cuz they never had a punishment in their life.  It would be amusing watching Kathy enduring that!

But other than that I don't have any biases against that show. evil

Rick
eri
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »

OMG - better burn my birks, give the granola to the geese and hurry out back to browbeat the little brats  Wink

On Pleasure
Kahlil Gibran
And to both, bee and flower, the giving and the receiving of pleasure is a need and an ecstasy.
People of Orphalese, be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees.
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 09:08:55 AM »

I never get to watch the show, never really watch tv. To much work and no time to sit on the couch and do whatever it is you do when you are on the couch.
The only time I caught a glimpse of the show was a carnival family and a NY snob family switching wives. Just the title was funny. The parts I saw were too much drama.... I have enough drama in my life. My oldest (a Girl) is about to turn 14 in a couple of months, we just moved into the new house, and the two younger ones just found out they have to wear uniforms to school this year. HeHeHe... Like I said too much drama.
Kathy, I think I could hang... Of course us guys always think we can hang right. I bet I would have *^$& of a time keeping up with you.. my hats off to you and what you do.
John, I would have a hard time deciding which wife to send.... #3 or #4. Maybe I could send both and get a package deal kinda thing.  grin grin What ya got to offer, I could use a good tractor for a while...
Like I said before, I think that we should do it with in the forum. And create a web show out of it. We would all be rich and famous. Right!!! These things always turn out how you expect right???
Ok, enough on this thread, I am going to get hammer'd by someone here pretty quick.
take care all, and hang on to that one you love!!!!

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
marliah
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »

man, you couldn't pay me enough for that job....those reality shows irritate the **** out of me.

Tara
beekeeper in central Maine
Finally getting bees again! 6/12/13
Steve M.
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 10:07:04 AM »

We are a TV-free household, but I happened to see a glimpse of this show once while visiting my parents.  I couldn't believe how ridiculous it was....reaffirms why we have chosen to remove the television from our home.

Less TV means more time for more important things like spending time with the kids tending the hive!

--Steve
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next