Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 05:06:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont it just Kill Ya?  (Read 1655 times)
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« on: July 01, 2008, 06:18:39 PM »

Doesnt it just burn your rear when you,ve been typing something here and when you hit "post" you realize you've hit "Host" or some other button and you've lost something you've written which has taken it seems forever to compose?
 I do this every now and then..I think my fingers are faster than my eyes!

just thought I'd vent angry

your friend,
john

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:28:33 PM »

Most times if you hit that little arrow away up there in the upper left corner, known as a back button, you get it all back.  grin

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 06:47:16 PM »

Not me jerry,...Thats always the first thing I do Sad

your friend,
john

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 11:00:54 PM »

I have had that happen to me also when I am rushing to much. Yes, it kills me!!!!!
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 11:10:42 PM »

Most times if you hit that little arrow away up there in the upper left corner, known as a back button, you get it all back.  grin

This is what I do as well for what you described or if you make a post and that red warning comes up saying someone was posting at the same time, you can go back and hit enter then.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 11:15:21 PM »

Now I am learning something also!!!! Duh!!!
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 08:31:19 AM »

i agree with you John. when it happens to me i don't go back and repost but instead i mutter a 4 letter word and move on.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 09:44:01 AM »

John, oh I feel your pain.  Having worked in the word processing field so many, many years ago, I have learned quick advantages to taking a moment and saving documents as I type.  When I am composing a lengthy post, I always, and I mean always, save the text as I am typing.  I am a keyboard command fanatic, and I use keyboard shortcuts for actions.

Many times I have lost text and it can be the most annoying thing on earth. 

This is what I do when I am typing a lengthy post.  These all involve keyboard commands.

I push the Control Button and A (Crtl A, this highlights all the text)
I push then Ctrl C (copies all the text)

Then I carry on typing.  I know at least most of the text has been copied into the clipboard.  If I am typing even more, I repeat this procedure and the text is again copied, overwriting the original work in the clipboard space.

This is especially useful if I want to go and look up something on the internet while I am creating a post.  I have lost too much data over the years to not know the benefit of putting text into the clipboard.

Another thing that I will do now and then, if the text is extremely lengthy, I copy my typing into a MS word document and then copy all the text into the post.  Just some tips from someone else who has been there, done that.  Beautiful and most wonderful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 11:23:01 PM »

OK. On another subject I started a post and changed my mind. I then went on to something else. I then did write up another post and posted it and then went on to another page. I then went on to some other something and thought about this thread here. So I came back and hit the back button. On the fourth hit was the window where I was writing the post that I posted, it was still there and four more hits got me to the post I was writing that I didn't post. It was still there.

What browser do you use?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 11:24:47 PM »

Now I am writing this and right here I am hitting the host it button...

All that did was open up another window so I didn't have to hit the back button. This never went away.

Jerry

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 09:52:02 AM »

OK. On another subject I started a post and changed my mind. I then went on to something else. I then did write up another post and posted it and then went on to another page. I then went on to some other something and thought about this thread here. So I came back and hit the back button. On the fourth hit was the window where I was writing the post that I posted, it was still there and four more hits got me to the post I was writing that I didn't post. It was still there.

What browser do you use?

Jerry, who were you aking what brouser was being used?  C.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 10:42:20 AM »

johnnybigfish

Jerry

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Man, Jerry!.....You just made my day!!
 Any ways, Im now using Mozilla Firefox..After a recent post here I thought EVERYBODY was using Mozilla Firefox Smiley
your friend,
john

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next