Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 17, 2014, 08:10:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: increasing gas mileage  (Read 1715 times)
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« on: June 27, 2008, 07:37:04 AM »

I have been looking at this on youtube about increasing fuel mileage by using a hydrogen cell  you can build yourself for between $10-$50 bucks depending on resources. it seems to me to be very interesting on how the use simple things and it works fine, not hard to build at all. here is a list of videos if you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ZeroFossilFuel

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:05:06 AM »

Here is a group that builds and test those things.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ConsumerHydrogen/?yguid=213081780

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 08:08:11 AM »

watch the mythbusters episode on it
not very productive
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:13:55 AM »

watch the mythbusters episode on it
not very productive

yeah I didnt see that episode but in one of the video's they said myth busters didnt know what they were doing when they did there test? I dont know, didnt see that episode...

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:21:28 AM »

Yeah the Busters messed it up

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 08:23:23 AM »

they seem to do that alot
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 08:26:36 AM »

As I understand that.... from that group I mentioned.... they work pretty good on the newer fuel injected computerized cars. The mythbusters used a carburetor car.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 10:38:08 AM by Jerrymac » Logged

Jerry

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 10:37:08 AM »

well, has anyone tried this gizmo?

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 11:22:19 AM »

As I understand that.... from that group I mentioned.... they work pretty good on the newer fuel injected computerized cars. The mythbusters used a carburetor car.

I believe they used both
SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 02:26:34 PM »

forgive me for not having watched the videos to see exactly what their idea was... but if it's about electrolysing water into hydrogen and oxygen just to burn the mix in the engine, there's a major problem with that... the load it puts on the alternator puts more resistance against the engine and you end up not even getting that much energy out of burning it back in the engine.

The only way that it can work is if the electricity for it doesn't come from the alternator in the car... so solar panels might work, if you can put enough of them on without hurting your aero-dynamics too badly.  The more feasable method to me though, would be recapturing heat from the exhaust to power a steam turbine to produce the electricity (note, you have to use the heat from the exhaust and not the exhaust itself for this, otherwise you end up in the same place as you were with using the alternator).  A final option would be using much cheaper home electricity to produce the gases, then store the hydrogen in a compressor tank that you then move to the car when you take a trip.  This doesn't help you get energy for nothing, but does let you use cheaper energy sources to power your motion.

Of course, it's much simpler to make a few tweaks to your vehicle, and you'll see MUCH better mileage.  I'm talking about "tweaks" like inflating your tires to their max pressure... replacing your air filter with EVERY oil change... keeping up with oil changes, oh yeah, and if you really want to get crazy, lean out the fuel/air mix via your OBD II computer.  Just don't lean it out too much, the compression will go through the roof and you'll end up blowing out a cylinder or two.
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 09:35:27 AM »

Speaking of saving fuel, I agree SgtMaj, keeping up with routine maintenance is a big one.  I also slow it down a bit.  Most vehicles are designed to have an optimal torque/horsepower at about 62 MPH.  Everyone is in such a hurry on the Interstates, but by going 70 or above you actually cut your fuel mileage quite a bit.   Anyway food for thought.  If I could afford one, I'd be riding a Harley...LOL

David
beekybuzzard
New Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 01:11:57 PM »

Haven't seen the video  but my brother and the other mechanics at the plant where he works have built something of the same sort and installed it on 3 company trucks and 2 of their own and averaged an extra 38 mpg over the last 6 weeks with no engine damage in the 2 that they took back down to check out. I am getting it put on my F250 in 2 1/2 weeks while on vacation.

With the help of the Lord I hope to be a good and faithful Shepard to all that He allows me to attend.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 03:56:20 PM »

They added 38mpg on top of what they normally get so like 15 plus 38mpg
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 10:17:49 PM »

Not using the Airconditioner can save you several miles per gallon.  I noticed that by not using mine I was getting about 10% more in mpg and with a 305 (8L) Ford P/U every drop counts as it drinks the stuff.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next